Michigan Sports Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I'm inFlorida with Friends going to the Lions/Dolphins game and I'm trying to get then to go to the Wings/Panthers game, but they have zero interest in watching the Panthers slaughter the Wings. I keep telling them about Barkov, but they are having none of it.

Tickets are dirt cheap too. 40 bucks for lower bowl home team shoots twice.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'm inFlorida with Friends going to the Lions/Dolphins game and I'm trying to get then to go to the Wings/Panthers game, but they have zero interest in watching the Panthers slaughter the Wings. I keep telling them about Barkov, but they are having none of it.

Tickets are dirt cheap too. 40 bucks for lower bowl home team shoots twice.
Ditch those squares.

Reactions: Konnan511

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
This is a historically bad QB performance by Lewerke. How is this game even close?

Shoulda been more like a 31 or 35-7 win for Michigan for sure. That looked like it could turn into another game like some of the recent ones where michigan was clearly better but lose on a fluke play or 2. Thats a big win for them, and even if Lewerke had a better game that defense was too much for MSUs offense

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
What is the average offensive output for MSU this year?

Their offense isn't very good.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
What is the average offensive output for MSU this year?

Their offense isn't very good.

Tehy were averaging almost 400 yards per game before Michigan just held them to 95 or whatever it was. Their offense isnt amazing but Michigans defense can make offenses look worse than they are

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I agree with most of what you said, but I'm starting to think Golladay might have the potential to be a number 1 WR. Hes been unreal so far this season and has the size to be a consistent red zone threat. I have a feeling Tate might be gone after this season wih how Golladay has been playing

you're right. i was overly conservative. he might be legit #1 already.

Reactions: newfy

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
lions trade for damon harrison. one of the best, if not the best, run stuffing DT in the game. not much of an interior pass rush threat though.

Dont need a pass rusher anyways, I dont know if they couldve gotten a player in the league that fits their needs more

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Dont need a pass rusher anyways, I dont know if they couldve gotten a player in the league that fits their needs more

meh while we do have a terrible run defense its mostly because our edge rushers lose containment all the time. No doubt Harrison will help but I dont think he's going to improve our run D as much as people anticipate.

I do like the trade though. Amazing value from Detroit's perspective.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Sad Panda, but we knew it was coming.

I really liked Tate but this does a few things. First they have a lot of cap space this off season and can sign someone without giving up their compensatory pick they would've got for Tate.

It allows for depth at other positions. The offense already has 3 really good weapons on offense in Golladay, Jones and Karryon. Take Tataes money this offseason and give it to a defensive player, and use the third rounder they got for him on a defensive player that could possibly be a day 1 starter. The Lions are a better team if they do this.

It also opens up the offense to get the ball to Golladay more. With 3 receivers that good with a running back that catches the ball I tihnk its tougher for Stafford and the receivers to get in a rhythm.

It sucks seeing Tate go but the trade made sense.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Lions used their first 3 picks on 2 DL and a Safety..Quin is awful

For a team dreadfully in need of defense I would not be opposed. Quinn just received a 3rd round pick that will be even more valuable if Philly continues to struggle and will have some options for a package to move up in the draft for a great prospect.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
I didn't think it was possible to get sacked 10 times in a game, but TBH, I checked out at halftime.

Thought they had a chance when Slay got a pick on that awful throw by Cousins, but the Lions OL just couldn't provide any protection...which goes back to me not thinking it was possible to be sacked 10 times, but Lions gonna Lion.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I was never high on them coming into the season (mostly because of their defense) but I didnt expect the offense to be this poor. We have to move on from Jim Bob Cooter there is no excuse.

The defensive line has pleasantly surprised me. Our secondary is pretty weak outside of Slay though. Quin used to be great but hes older and not what he once was. Even Slay is having a down year. Teez Tabor and Nevin Lawsin are TERRIBLE.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I feel bad for the die hard Lion fans. The Lions will never put it all together.

We're only a few years removed from the William Clay Ford era. When the axe falls upon Jim Bob Cooter all remnants from the WCF era will be gone. Martha Firestone is not as loyal as her husband. The team is finally making smarter moves. Cooter was kept on board only to appease Stafford. I suspect he'll be kept in the fold for the rest of the season since Quinn has already fired a popular coach and popular player among the squad.

Another year in the toilet but I remain confident we could see real change with this regime.

Reactions: Colin226
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad