Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yelp...

This team is terrible.

Yeah that O-line isn't taking them many places. They can probably win games defensively at home but they just are having too many execution errors. Looks like both the teams in this state aren't very good this year. No way can MSU hang with tOSU this year.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Yeah that O-line isn't taking them many places. They can probably win games defensively at home but they just are having too many execution errors. Looks like both the teams in this state aren't very good this year. No way can MSU hang with tOSU this year.

So sad :(

Team just seems unprepared. It's kind of cliche but this isn't MSU football.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He hasn't beaten a ranked team on the road in a long time. He is going to play a ranked team in East Lansing. So historically that is a loss. If they win I will tip my cap, it would be surprising. I don't think they are as good as MSU this year and if they are it is razor thin and covered by a coach that consistently wins tight games versus the guy that struggles in them along with the home field bump.

You never know until they play the game. But I think they should be road dogs and Harbaugh winning would be a surprise. The only one I can even think of is the Stanford vs USC upset. I mean that was in 2007 at this point. I am not sure why I wouldn't be confident. Again if U of M was to win I would consider it a pretty big upset. Hopefully MSU #1 corner is back for that game though. That could be a big problem for MSU tonight though.

Are you sure hes going to play a ranked team? They shouldnt be ranked after this week

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Are you sure hes going to play a ranked team? They shouldnt be ranked after this week

We will see, they need to handle business until then. We will have to see where the offense grows the defense should be able to go toe to toe they looked to make some adjustments and really the biggest one they need is Scott back in the secondary which you hope has happened by the Penn State game.

If Michigan has any type of talent at all they should handle MSU easily. Not very confident at all with Sparty this year. not looking forward to going to OSU...

Nobody has got much for tOSU, maybe Penn State or Wisconsin, we should know more about Penn State soon.

I think MSU will figure it out. In any event 19 of these starters already beat U of M. I think they have more talent across the board, I know you have some front-line guys on U of M but I don't think they fit within their systems and are utilized to the maximum. That is always were Dantonio has beat them, he puts his players in a position to be successful more often and they have been consistently the more physical team in the rivalry since he arrived there. Again until they play the game we won't know. But I have no reason to doubt they can beat a similar looking U of M team at home. They have the better coach and home field advantage. U of M would really have to do something they haven't done in a while. Regardless of ranking that would be a quality road win, what is Harbaugh's last quality road win?

I mean best you can argue is Purdue turned out to be okay, a win over a down 7-6 Penn State in 2015 a Minnesota team that wound up 6-7 in that year. I mean at the time maybe a the MSU win in 2016, but it turns out we know that team was falling off a cliff because of locker room problems and wound up 3-9. We will see, but it isn't really pretty when you look at the results thus far. I expect the Spartans to be a bowl eligible team with at least 8 or 9 wins, Harbaugh beat one of those in a long time on the road.

To me U of M is worse really across the board, they still don't really scare me. They got beat by 19 of the starters last year, if Scott is back MSU should be able to shut them down.

I was expecting significantly more out of Lewerke in the first two games though. Hopefully they get some things squared away during the buy week. One thing about Dantonio is his teams get better as the year goes along because his staff is consistently good at that, so I think they have more room for improvement.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
And the Lions are the best Detroit pro sports team at the moment...
The Wings are really the only team that can take that title, which could be really sad or really positive depending on how the young Wings perform this upcoming season.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I mean, the Red Wings are awful but I don't think they'll ever look Lions tonight bad

I mean the Wings are an incredibly better franchise, the Lions have been in the Dead Things era comparable for almost their entire existence of Ford ownership. We will never be anything while that family owns the team.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit

I mean the Wings are an incredibly better franchise, the Lions have been in the Dead Things era comparable for almost their entire existence of Ford ownership. We will never be anything while that family owns the team.

Well yea, context was about this season. Despite how bad the Wings are, they'll never look as bad as the Lions did tonight.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Worst thing about being a lion's fan is that this **** doesn't even hurt anymore. There's absolutely no expectations of anything better at this point. Nothing is exciting anymore.

Yeah, but from some the comments, and savaging by the Freep, you'd think the team stepped back into Millen era Lions. There was like no positives in any facet of the team. At least the comments on reddit were funny.

Hell, even the Tigers didn't lay down across the street last night, and JV was probably more nervous then they were.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
The sad reality of Michigan sports at the moment.

What happened :(

i don't think it's been this bad in a long time. There isn't a single detroit pro sports team that even has a shot at going deep in the playoffs for the foreseable future. the glory days of the 2000's seem like a distant memory

Reactions: mantha39

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
The Wings are really the only team that can take that title, which could be really sad or really positive depending on how the young Wings perform this upcoming season.
I mean it's definitely the Pistons. They're prolly a 7 or 8 seed team in the playoffs, as they get blown out by Toronto, Boston, or Philadelphia.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Bob Quinn is really poor at drafting. Wonder how long he'll last.

i dunno man., 2016 produced one real good player (decker) and then 4 solid to decent to medicore players (robinson, Glasgow, killebrew, zettel). that's an above avg hit rate. bit early for 2017 but looks like about similar as '16, depending on how good davis ends up. golladay could develop into a upper tier #2 and maybin and agnew could develop into solid backups.

of course to win the super bowl you have to draft a lot better but it's not that bad.

i'd think quinn gets as much time as patricia. if he's like other pats assistant, quinn is gone. but we shouldn't underestimate the incompetence of the fords so maybe he can get another shot after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad