Prospect Info: Michal Teply, LW, Bílí Tygři Liberec, 105th overall (2019)

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Since skating isn't a requirement to succeed in the CHL, he should do just fine...

tenor.gif

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Who to believe, you that's says his skating sucks, or Kelly who says his skating is good? Hmm..hard decision.

The scouting community is really divided on Tepleys' skating.
Thedraftanalyst.com..."He’s a very good skater with decent separation speed, and he keeps his feet moving through the neutral zone."

McKeens..."A skilled winger with offensive instincts, he has an ideal NHL frame and
above average skating ability."

There are at least as many as not who say his skating is below average. I guess limited viewings=little consensus on his skating. Its going to be a dividing factor in his perceived upside until people get to see it for themselves.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The scouting community is really divided on Tepleys' skating.
Thedraftanalyst.com..."He’s a very good skater with decent separation speed, and he keeps his feet moving through the neutral zone."

McKeens..."A skilled winger with offensive instincts, he has an ideal NHL frame and
above average skating ability."

There are at least as many as not who say his skating is below average. I guess limited viewings=little consensus on his skating. Its going to be a dividing factor in his perceived upside until people get to see it for themselves.
I doubt Mark Kelley and Co had limited viewings.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I doubt Mark Kelley and Co had limited viewings.
Kelley stated that his skating got a bit better each time they saw him. In other words, "Yes we know his skating is ass, but by the end of the year it looked a little less ass."

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Almost got drafted by Flint at 5th overall which would've been hilarious if he ended up playing with Ethan Keppen so we could directly compare how much better Keppen is...

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Skating is a big priority for scouting with the Hawks......at worst, I'm sure he's average and likely above. He's not physical so let's not let the 6.3 create any illusions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad