Prospect Info: Michal Teply, LW, Bílí Tygři Liberec, 105th overall (2019)

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Michal-Teply.jpg

I was high on Teply coming into the season and was impressed by his play in the summer. It seemed like he stagnated and, in later international events and club play, did not stand out consistently. On the positive side, he’s a 6-foot-3 forward with very good vision. Teply can run a power play as a playmaker, as well as finish plays. He’s creative on entries and shows great patience waiting for plays to develop. However, he has a lot of warts. His game lacks speed and pace, he doesn’t attack the net or compete for pucks that hard, and he doesn’t always seem that engaged. You’re drafting him knowing he needs work, but the skill/size combination is NHL quality if he puts it all together.
-Pronman

Last edited:

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
He is a stellar stickhandler and a top-notch passer, who needs very little room to maneuver to make something happen, McKeen's Hockey 2019
He’s big, strong and makes good use of his size when battling for the puck, Hockeyprospect.com 2019
Whether he is shooting or passing, he does both accurately and with awareness, Future Considerations 2019

Reactions: ray c

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I’m not totally in love with picking big guys who can’t skate but he does have a lot of talent. League is a copy cat league for sure.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Needs to work on his skating. Which is often the case for larger kids that are still maturing and not smurfs. Cannot make everyone happy.

Reactions: ModryJazyk

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Teply over Strondala is proof that Chicago only drafted based on size this year and yet they still passed on Keppen.

I don't understand. We're gonna look back on this draft and all scratch our heads.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Teply over Strondala is proof that Chicago only drafted based on size this year and yet they still passed on Keppen.

I don't understand. We're gonna look back on this draft and all scratch our heads.
How many times do I have to tell you ... Keppen did not meet our 6'3" cut off. Annti Saalera was a clerical mistake.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
They literally had Keppen available at 105. Not even Vancaouver's fault. The blame lies solely on Stan and Kelley.

Eh... probably thought they'd get him later. They were right in hindsight.. just missed out on Vancouver always reading their draft notes.

@Teemu likes this pick alot and he has a solid draft record with "his guys/prospects" so I'm good with this.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Teply was likely referring to the Champions Hockey League, but I'm not sure Scott Powers understood that...

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Realistically, he is a solid 4th round pick. Usually 4ths dont add up to anything (1 in 3 play an NHL game), so I am cool with this pick.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria

Teply was likely referring to the Champions Hockey League, but I'm not sure Scott Powers understood that...

Already excited as hell to see my hometown team participate in the Champions hockey league, but now I have a Hawks prospect playing for one of the opponents. Special for Augsburg in the DEL. Will definitely take a closer look at Teply when both teams meet.

Looks like Teply meant the Champions hockey league as you said. I think it would be better for him to stay in Czech and finish a full year in the czech elite league

Reactions: Muffinalt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad