Prospect Info: Michal Teply, LW, Bílí Tygři Liberec, 105th overall (2019)

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Insufferable, man. I've no problem with you championing "your guys." In many ways, it's flippin' hilarious. But I have a big problem with your constant tearing down of certain young prospects (e.g. Teply), as if the die is cast. Takes like this really damage your credibility.

That ship has sailed.

And hit an iceberg.

There were no survivors.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Musto - Why do you think Keppen is struggling this season? He hasn't been good in any aspect really. Is it a Flint thing? A drive thing? A skill thing? There is nothing wrong with with having a stance but you should at least try and justify it.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Musto - Why do you think Keppen is struggling this season? He hasn't been good in any aspect really. Is it a Flint thing? A drive thing? A skill thing? There is nothing wrong with with having a stance but you should at least try and justify it.
I wouldn't say he's "struggling". His production is down, but he's getting less minutes compared to last season. He's been playing a lot more frequently on the third line. He's still a gamer when he's on the ice. Unfortunately if he has to develop in Utica, I have no idea what'll happen to him.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Maybe he’s getting fewer minutes because he’s not as good as the other players?

At least Teply isn’t getting demoted. Nice to see a player like him perform and not have excuses made for his level of play.
He's doing about as well as Entwistle at the same age, who also mostly played 3rd line minutes.

Keppen isn't a pure scorer, which Filnt has in other players like Oksentyuk. Thus he's not playing on a scoring line.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He's doing about as well as Entwistle at the same age, who also mostly played 3rd line minutes..
He is?
Entwhistle the year after his draft year had 38pts in 49GP and was a defensive machine.
Keppen has 29 in 44 and isn't good defensively.

It's never a good sign when your minutes go down after your draft year. I think you'll have to eat this one Musto.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I had Teply in early 2nd round. I knew that he has some issues with skating, but i could not believe he was drafted in 4th round, he is basically Laine light. Chicago will have some serious firepower in future Kane, DeBrincat, Kubalik, Teply, roster full of killers, holy shit...

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I had Teply in early 2nd round. I knew that he has some issues with skating, but i could not believe he was drafted in 4th round, he is basically Laine light. Chicago will have some serious firepower in future Kane, DeBrincat, Kubalik, Teply, roster full of killers, holy shit...

That would be pretty good, pretty good. lol

Next season (as a 19 yo in the A) will tell us a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->