Prospect Info: Michael Pezzetta - 160th overall (2016 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
EWOlnqnXYAEM5AL

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The other surprise is Pezzetta, I think he could actually see NHL time in the future if he keeps improving and I didn't think that would be the case in the past.

You are right to mention Pezzetta. Because he's become a key ingredient to Laval's success. And it's great to see a player who offers something different than others take another step in his development.

I've been a fan of his since the beginning, watching him from time to time in the OHL after he was drafted. Even when he started his career in the pros, I was rooting for him because he had speed and sandpaper. His aggressiveness on the forecheck, his physicality, he lays some big hits, and he doesn't hesitate to drop the gloves. All of that made me a fan of this kid.

And seeing him take another step this year, and a step more on the hockey side of his game makes me happy.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You are right to mention Pezzetta. Because he's become a key ingredient to Laval's success. And it's great to see a player who offers something different than others take another step in his development.

I've been a fan of his since the beginning, watching him from time to time in the OHL after he was drafted. Even when he started his career in the pros, I was rooting for him because he had speed and sandpaper. His aggressiveness on the forecheck, his physicality, he lays some big hits, and he doesn't hesitate to drop the gloves. All of that made me a fan of this kid.

And seeing him take another step this year, and a step more on the hockey side of his game makes me happy.

like a lot of those guys they have to play on a fine line and with Pezzetta in the past he would get into trouble crossing that line but this year he's really held himself in check and is doing the job you want from a role player like him. He needs waivers next year but you would think he clears easily but if he keeps improving I could see him at least getting some NHL games in the not too distant future

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

I hope he gets a look in the NHL at some point. Hard not to like him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I want him back. He's a good player and plays with pace. But what he offers that not many do is sandpaper.

And he really cut down on his dumb penalties this year. He was more focused on playing hockey than trying to hurt someone and getting caught thinking about himself going for the hard hit.

Reactions: Habs13

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
What a wild ride. Pezzetta has always been a meme pick (like Crisp) in my head and yet here we are, hoping he makes the team on the fourth line.

Reactions: frapp10 and A55P2

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
What a wild ride. Pezzetta has always been a meme pick (like Crisp) in my head and yet here we are, hoping he makes the team on the fourth line.

I thought he had zero chance to do so, and after watching him this game, i was very impressed. Lets see if he can sustain. But he sure made a statement

Reactions: Seb

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
He does have a lot of the same traits and the same attitude, with more size and speed. Like White, he's also crazier than a rainbow trout in a carwash and will fight the other team's entire bench if he has to :laugh: I've seen him lose his mind a few times over the years.

Hahaha I forgot about his mental breakdowns they were off the charts yup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad