Prospect Info: Michael Pezzetta - 160th overall (2016 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Damn, that kid is PUMPED to be a Habs. He models his game out of (what a coincidence) Andrew Shaw, likes Lucic too.

He's a big kid, looks bigger than his numbers on hockey DB.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It,s Connor Crisp...but at least in a round where it makes most sense.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
http://www.gthlcanada.com/breakout-star-of-the-week-michael-pezzetta/

He shifted Pezzetta, whom he calls “the ultimate teammate,” to the wing to have Levin in his natural position at center.

“That is what defines Michael. He takes care of the kids that are younger than him and has respect for the kids that are older than him,” said Matsos in a phone interview earlier this week.

“If you could have 10 Pezzettas on your team, I’m sure any coach would.”

“He’s willing to pay the price,” said Matsos. “I think any coach at any level is hungry to have kids like Michael. Players like him will never be weeded out of the game.”

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Well it's the 6th so who cares. But don't look at his numbers, Sudbury was a trash team offensively.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Good Size, Physical, Decent enough skater, no offense to speak of.

Maybe a fourth liner one day.

Thats what you get in the 6th....

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
**** this pick.

I can find this guy on free agency, if he pans out, every year.. for league minimum

Damn you complain a lot, he's a 6th round pick. If he plays 1 game in the league, he becomes a steal. He's an effective bottom 6 potential prospect who could double or triple his stats if he gets out of that garbage team.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Damn you complain a lot, he's a 6th round pick. If he plays 1 game in the league, he becomes a steal. He's an effective bottom 6 potential prospect who could double or triple his stats if he gets out of that garbage team.

Have to agree with WTK on this one. It is pointless to select players who have an upside of a 4th liner. Players like this are available for next to nothing year round.

I would prefer to take a chance with players who have more upside even if they are longshots at this point in the draft.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
**** this pick.

I can find this guy on free agency, if he pans out, every year.. for league minimum

What a stupid comment....show some maturity!!!!!!

I want to welcome Michael Pezzetta to the Montreal Canadiens and look forward to seeing your development :clap:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's 6th round man.....if any stars come out of this round, you can through it in our faces and tell us I told you so :)

Okay because stars have come from the 6th and 7th rounds before.

Detroit did it with Zetterberg and Datsyuk

Sokolov was once considered a top 5 pick in this draft.. and now he's in the 7th. Yes, scouts don't like him, he wouldn't go this far.. but he has offensive talent. If he puts it together, he's a top 6 player.

If this guy puts it together.. he might see 10-20 games in the NHL.

Wow, what a ****ing pick.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Exactly.. so why not draft a player who has SKILLS but you don't like the rest of his game, because if he puts it together, HE IS SOMETHING

Physicality, combined with good skating ability, is a skill.

Maybe he develops hands as Sudbury becomes a better team and he gets kids to play with.

Same as taking a kid with hands who can't skate in this round.. maybe he learns to skate.

No matter what, the kid you are taking now has deficiencies.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Have to agree with WTK on this one. It is pointless to select players who have an upside of a 4th liner. Players like this are available for next to nothing year round.

I would prefer to take a chance with players who have more upside even if they are longshots at this point in the draft.

In most cases they amount to nothing if you're picking a "Skilled" guy in the 6th. If Pezzetta can't bring the offence, at least he can bring the physicality to the team thus more than likely not wasting the pick.

Maybe he's our Jordan Nolan or Steve Ott......

Okay because stars have come from the 6th and 7th rounds before.

Detroit did it with Zetterberg and Datsyuk

Sokolov was once considered a top 5 pick in this draft.. and now he's in the 7th. Yes, scouts don't like him, he wouldn't go this far.. but he has offensive talent. If he puts it together, he's a top 6 player.

If this guy puts it together.. he might see 10-20 games in the NHL.

Wow, what a ****ing pick.

The Detroit guys are from a long time ago.....you see less and less,of that happening.

Maybe Sokolov is the one that busts which it seems more than likely since he's dropped 7 rounds as his deficiencies started to surface. It's unfair for you to say that Pezzetta only sees 10-20 games, you have no clue how he'll develop.

Anyways, it's a 6th round pick, let's not lose any hair over this.

Sokolov scored 30 goals and is a -40.....LOL

5'11....220LBS!!!!!!!

It's a fat Phil Kessel minus the skill...LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The Detroit guys are from a long time ago.....you see less and less,of that happening.

Maybe Sokolov is the one that busts which it seems more than likely since he's dropped 7 rounds as his deficiencies started to surface. It's unfair for you to say that Pezzetta only sees 10-20 games, you have no clue how he'll develop.

Anyways, it's a 6th round pick, let's not lose any hair over this.

Sokolov may very well bust. But I feel a lot better at the end of the day when I say "I took a gamble on this guy who had top talent who just didn't make it" then when I say "We picked a fourth line guy and he never played a game for us."

I'd rather strike out every time trying to get a home run.. then flying out every time trying to get a single.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Sokolov may very well bust. But I feel a lot better at the end of the day when I say "I took a gamble on this guy who had top talent who just didn't make it" then when I say "We picked a fourth line guy and he never played a game for us."

I'd rather strike out every time trying to get a home run.. then flying out every time trying to get a single.

I get your point.......

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site

Or he becomes a Shaw type of player and we trade him for two seconds...:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad