Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashinstinct

Cash is King
Jul 2, 2014
I would sign him for one year with small contract.

Not like we have logjam of big forwards...

He was going relatively well before injury.

Reactions: Born in 1909

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
His slow development has not completely eradicated his first round sheen although his ceiling looks to be average at this point.

Last edited:

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
BigMac hasn't done too badly in terms of earnings so far in his career. Looking at his salaries to date, he's earned over $5M essentially playing in the minors. His slow development has not completely eradicated his first round sheen although his ceiling looks to be average at this point. Ka-ching.

If Mac is a saver/smart investor, then he is more than financially fine.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
BigMac hasn't done too badly in terms of earnings so far in his career. Looking at his salaries to date, he's earned over $5M essentially playing in the minors. His slow development has not completely eradicated his first round sheen although his ceiling looks to be average at this point. Ka-ching.
There is no way he made over 5 million when he spent most of his time in the minors with a 70k salary.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's still an RFA next year so the Habs should be able to get another one-year deal out of him. Who knows how well he'll have recovered from his injury by next training camp but I would surmise that he should once again go unclaimed should he not make the Habs.

that's a good point as I'd have to think if he's had shoulder problems before. If they feel it's an issue then I could see them walking away from him. I can understand why others don't want him back based off what he's done in the NHL to date which is little to nothing. I think he can still be an NHLer in another year or two but I'm less confident in him then I was with DLR since he was the better skater, quicker, better defensively. But if McCarron can continue to get quicker, improve his skating, balance, stamina then I could see him carving out a decent career as a 4th liner. He's good on draws, he's physical, he's a load in the crease, he can dish the puck a bit, he's solid in his own end.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I would not sign him for any more time, we have other prospects coming who are going to need ice time. It's over for McCarron imho.

Reactions: Habs4Life

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
McCarron can play wing too.

Suzuki isn't meant to be a center either.

Unsure about Peca's future.
Didn't the organisation ask Suzuki's junior team to play him at center? What's the point if they don't intend to develop him as such in the AHL? But even if he ends up at the wing you still have Peca-Evans-Vejdemo-Verbeek. Pretty decent.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
McCarron can play wing too.

Suzuki isn't meant to be a center either.

Unsure about Peca's future.

The positive with his injury is he didn't play enough games to count as an AHL veteran next year. Peca on the other hand passed the mark by 3 games. So if we look at the guys under contract Peca,Dlo,weise,Alzner hold 4 Of the 5 veteran spots if they are not with the Habs or moved. We will need to try and get guys like him and Hudon through waivers to help laval next year

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Imagine this kid actually became a player for us. He would've been a force at 6'6". I say we give him another year. It can't hurt.

Problem is this kid doesn't take advantage of his big body in terms of puck protection down low and edge work cutting to the net. He thinks he is this offensive type and needs to understand the role he needs to take on for him to be a full time NHL player.

He had a decent season with Bouchard this year. Lets see if he can build on that if we give him a contract

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
McCarron should of never played at center to begin with. They’re holding the nastiness in his game back.

They are not holding anything back. McCarron is too dumb to understand what role he needs to take on for him to be a full time NHL player. I bet you in his mind, he still thinks he can be a 2nd line center :laugh:. Lets not pretend that we gave him games in the NHL at RW

Best role for him is 3rd line RW or 4th line RW. And that is stretching it at this stage. He can look decent in the AHL but his skating is not good enough for the NHL and he don't take advantage of his size. His edge work is not good and he gets moved of the puck by smaller players easily

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
We like to play the blame game so lets blame Bouchard now :laugh:

Why? McCarron actually showed progression this season. I mean, I guess we can't make an apple pie out of lemons, but this year he looked much better than recent ones. Doesn't mean he'll make it but I wouldn't put it on Bouchard.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
We like to play the blame game so lets blame Bouchard now :laugh:

Not blaming Bouchared. he could very well just be better at C but the fact that he hasn't even been tried on the wing his whole time on the farm when he clearly doesn't have the skating to be a C is really really weird.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why? McCarron actually showed progression this season. I mean, I guess we can't make an apple pie our of lemons, but this year he looked much better than recent ones.

It's nice to see but can he build on it for next year? Lets see what Bouchard can do with him in the 2nd season. I just don't see McCarron's skating being good enough in terms of NHL quality and he doesn't play physical enough to take advantage of his big body.

I hope he proves me wrong. I was also being sarcastic about blaming Bouchard.

Reactions: sandviper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad