Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If the refs thought he was trying to hit him it would have been an interference call at the very least but more likely he would have been tossed from the game. So far nothing from the league on a possible suspension.

also an interesting article with quotes from Bouchard, some were already posted I believe,

Healthy again, Rocket's Michael McCarron still has NHL in his sights

“If I’m not happy about something, I’ll let him know, but he buys in,” Bouchard said. “He’s a unique type of player for a coach to have. He has a presence on and off the ice. I want him to channel his energy, be consistent and dynamic, like last year.

“I’m going to push him. Our job’s to make sure every player has a chair when the music stops. I think Mac could have … a specific role for the NHL. He’s not going to be the first guy who goes to the NHL and has a tough time finding his identity or colour.”

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If you look in slow motion you can see that Mac is looking toward him the whole time.
Maybe to process is this guy going left or right.....you see the back of his head and that’s it.....and is there video of where Gaunce’s eyes are at or are we just guessiNG he can’t see him.....I mean, was he looking straight down at the ice to see if his skate was tied?

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Don’t know but im intrigued by this big fella.

I think he could surprise a lot of people this year. He's coming out of a half season In the ahl and i think he got the message from Bouchard as to what he needs to do on the ice.

Also bigger players take longer to develop.

I don’t know like i said intrigued
Lefbreve...

Reactions: Fixxer and jaffy27

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not McCarron's fan at all...but to me that's a bogus suspension. Clearly incidental contact. Geez, they analyse how a guy changes direction to know if a hit to the head is incidental or not...well Gaunche CLEARLY changed his path at the last second. The game is not played in slow motion. And McCarron is not a ballerina.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
we had the puck I think he displayed a severe lack of awareness. Do with that whatever you want.

Both players skated into each other, oblivious to what was happening. It's ridiculous to suspend someone for that. McCarron could just as easily have been the one who got hurt, but I would not be screaming bloody murder as I don't think Gaunce was targeting him.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I'm watching the sequemce repeatedly and I'm sorry but I still stand in my opinion. He is taking at least 2 strides towards him, don't tell me he didn't see him, especially since the puck is on the other side, behind him so it's not even because he is looking at the puck.

If he didn't intend anything there, well it shows that this guy has a severe lack of awareness hockey wise.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
They should suspend Weber for life because he injured quite a few players with that shot

You can be as reckless as you want, as long as you don't injure. So stupid. Guys sticking knees out, hitting from behind, head shots.. but no consequences because nobody was injured.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Still not happy with the way McCarron has looked this year but after shaking off the rust with just 1 pt in his first 10 games he's got 9 pts in the last 15 games which is a .6 ppg and over a full season would be 46 pts. Here's how McCarron's seasons have gone ppg wise,

first season - .66
2nd season - .59
3rd season - .44
4th season - .66 (injured for much of the season)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Still not happy with the way McCarron has looked this year but after shaking off the rust with just 1 pt in his first 10 games he's got 9 pts in the last 15 games which is a .6 ppg and over a full season would be 46 pts. Here's how McCarron's seasons have gone ppg wise,

first season - .66
2nd season - .59
3rd season - .44
4th season - .66 (injured for much of the season)
The game became so much faster and continues to do so and McCarron cannot keep up. He struggles with the speed of the AHL

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I'm watching the sequemce repeatedly and I'm sorry but I still stand in my opinion. He is taking at least 2 strides towards him, don't tell me he didn't see him, especially since the puck is on the other side, behind him so it's not even because he is looking at the puck.

If he didn't intend anything there, well it shows that this guy has a severe lack of awareness hockey wise.
Don’t see how it’s possible he didn’t see him, it actually looks to me like he accelerated the closer he got to him.

Reactions: Paddyjack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad