Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
It would be nice for once if Lefebrve would stop wasting our talent pool. Him and Bergevin need to get the f*** out.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He should try to play like a power forward
Crash the net when he has the puck
He should be hard to contain because of his reach and size

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
He should try to play like a power forward
Crash the net when he has the puck
He should be hard to contain because of his reach and size
How can he do that when they have him playing center. He's still trying to become a puck carrier lolol

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I thought he's looked good this callup...problem is, he's not getting much icetime.

But personally, I'd rather McCarron for 8-10 mins a night than Torrey Mitchell, as the 4th line C.

I'd like to see him get some time on either the PK or PP though. Give him a role, make him feel important to the success of the team.

Otherwise, send him down.

ChikN

Sep 1, 2010
Montréal
They should try him instead of Shaw in front of the net on the first PP wave and put shaw on the second wave.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
McCarron is a bottom liner, let's be clear about that. But he has potential to be a very unique and rare bottom liner in todays NHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's great when used at the front of the net on the PP, one of his best assets imo. Think it's going to take several years for him to figure things out but still expect him to be a solid 4th liner for us.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Adds a "you're not going to push us around without a response" aspect that we were desperately lacking. Loved seeing him cartwheel Phanoof the Goof.

Has talent, has size, just needs a bigger role. He's a guy the Habs should hold onto for a long time.

Reactions: TennisMenace

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
You're welcome to be clear about an opinion you have. Thanks for sharing. McCarron is better than a bottom liner, let's be clear about that.
It might be an opinion, but what exactly about McCarrons skillset or past production tells you he's anything more than a bottom liner? He has a chance to be more than that, just like I have a chance to win the lottery, but the guy's a bottom liner pretty much every way you slice it.

To be clear, I'm not knocking McCarron. Just I think we should accept him for who he is and be happy to have such a unique prospect.

Last edited:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
It might be an opinion, but what exactly about McCarrons skillset or past production tells you he's anything more than a bottom liner? He has a chance to be more than that, just like I have a chance to win the lottery, but the guy's a bottom liner pretty much every way you slice it.

That's where he's being played at the moment yes

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He's great when used at the front of the net on the PP, one of his best assets imo. Think it's going to take several years for him to figure things out but still expect him to be a solid 4th liner for us.

I wish they had a defined role for him...

Whether that's a faceoff guy, PP net front presence, PK guy.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You're welcome to be clear about an opinion you have. Thanks for sharing. McCarron is better than a bottom liner, let's be clear about that.

that very much remains to be seen just yet. If he wants to be even a 3rd liner, he's going to have to produce. So far he's got 7 pts 55 games which over 82 works out to be 11 pts. DLR is in a similar situation, if he's ever going to be anything more then a 4th liner he's going to need to produce and right now he's only got 7 pts in 70 games which over 82 is 8 pts.

These guys bring size for sure, among other things but neither has shown much in the way of offense. I think McCarron can bring so much more then stats in that he's going to give fits to goalies/defensemen with his play around the crease especially on the PP. If he can get those garbage goals, tips/deflections and starts putting up even somewhat decent numbers he should move up to the 3rd line. But he's still 22 and a large body so it's going to take time.

Reactions: admiralcadillac

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
that very much remains to be seen just yet. If he wants to be even a 3rd liner, he's going to have to produce. So far he's got 7 pts 55 games which over 82 works out to be 11 pts. DLR is in a similar situation, if he's ever going to be anything more then a 4th liner he's going to need to produce and right now he's only got 7 pts in 70 games which over 82 is 8 pts.

These guys bring size for sure, among other things but neither has shown much in the way of offense. I think McCarron can bring so much more then stats in that he's going to give fits to goalies/defensemen with his play around the crease especially on the PP. If he can get those garbage goals, tips/deflections and starts putting up even somewhat decent numbers he should move up to the 3rd line. But he's still 22 and a large body so it's going to take time.

I'm not suggesting McCarron or DLR have huge offensive upside...

But it's hard to evaluate their production at the NHL level so far when they haven't been given an opportunity to play on a line expected to produce.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What happened to his offensive talent? Like, absolutely none of it is there.
How would we know whether or not it's there...

Hard to display offensive talent when you're on the 4th line for 8 mins a game (that seems to be the big argument as to why Galchenyuk isn't producing a lot of points, no?).

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think Mac brings way more to this team than DLR. Time to cut our losses it’s DLR.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I have always thought that he should be on the pp, have him stand right in front of the net and have Weber shoot pucks at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->