Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not blaming Bouchared. he could very well just be better at C but the fact that he hasn't even been tried on the wing his whole time on the farm when he clearly doesn't have the skating to be a C is really really weird.

It's odd for sure. Maybe they are saying C or bust. So you either prove yourself as a center or we have no need for you? No idea

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Problem is this kid doesn't take advantage of his big body in terms of puck protection down low and edge work cutting to the net. He thinks he is this offensive type and needs to understand the role he needs to take on for him to be a full time NHL player.

He had a decent season with Bouchard this year. Lets see if he can build on that if we give him a contract
Big Mc thought he'd known the same success he has with London. Like having the same numbers. On remaining the same player he was. Without changing anything on him game. Without any retouch. It tooks him to time and time to understand that he won't be a NHL player if he's not adapting and modifying his whole style into this new reality of the game. Was static. Was inoffensive. Normally, he's used to be a threat on keeping the puck anytime he wants. But he was affraid to make mistakes and avoiding riskier plays. The arrival of Joel was the icing on the cake at this extreme deadline of his short career. It saved his own sakes right on time.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Big Mc thought he'd known the same success he has with London. Like having the same numbers. On remaining the same player he was. Without changing anything on him game. Without any retouch. It tooks him to time and time to understand that he won't be a NHL player if he's not adapting and modyfing his whole style into this new reality of the game. Was static. Was inoffensif. Normally, he's used to be a threat on keeping the puck anytime he wants. But he was affraid to make mistakes and avoiding riskier plays. The arrival of Joel was the icing on the cake at this extreme deadline of his short career. It saved his own sakes right on time.

Didn't McCarron center a line with Domi in London? :naughty: :laugh: :biglaugh:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
It's nice to see but can he build on it for next year? Lets see what Bouchard can do with him in the 2nd season. I just don't see McCarron's skating being good enough in terms of NHL quality and he doesn't play physical enough to take advantage of his big body.

I hope he proves me wrong. I was also being sarcastic about blaming Bouchard.

I want McCarron to succeed. At the very least, he could help on the 4th line, but I don't think he'll earn a full-time NHL gig... at least not with us.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I want McCarron to succeed. At the very least, he could help on the 4th line, but I don't think he'll earn a full-time NHL gig... at least not with us.

I have to admit. I'm frustrated with his development and I'm sure he and the Habs management are too. He was always drafted as a long term project but his 24 and only has 69 NHL games played so far with 8 pts and a -15 rating. He is also a -29 in the AHL but was 0 this past season.

Lets hope he listens to Bouchard very well and does what he needs to do with training this off season. I think power skating and training with someone who can show him how to protect the puck down low is the area he needs to work at.

Reactions: cphabs

Jul 6, 2016
How come he (they) waited 5 years to fix his shoulder problem ????? That's not serious business.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I hope he makes it and proves people wrong. Its like the team doesn't want him to succeed, they seem to shaft him from time to time

Reactions: cphabs

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Not a vet yet in the AHL so he's still a valuable player to have.

And he could end up being a good fit with Suzuki who's had success with bigger bodies on the wings in Entwhistle/Ratcliffe.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Hope that he can perform at a level that gets a call up at some point. Like his size and physicality and showed in the past has a decent shot and hands. Just put him on RW for FS and with the complimentary players.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I am glad McCarron is coming back. I agree with many posters that he should be playing wing and not center.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I have a soft spot for him for some reason. If he could just skate a little better and have a bit more stamina, he might actually make a go at it in a depth role.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I am glad McCarron is coming back. I agree with many posters that he should be playing wing and not center.

He looked good at center last year. He was having his best year as a pro before he went down with the injury.

Also, that shoulder injury is one he's been playing with for four years. At practice last January, it apparently popped and he had no choice but to have surgery on it.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He looked good at center last year. He was having his best year as a pro before he went down with the injury.

Also, that shoulder injury is one he's been playing with for four years. At practice last January, it apparently popped and he had no choice but to have surgery on it.
I think with his limited skating skills he would be better off on the wing.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Guys like hudon and him probably need to decide if they want money or to play in the NHL more. The least they sign for, the better chance someone claims them off waivers when sent to Laval and that team has to keep them in the nhl. Reject qo and sign for less on a 1 way deal.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

He is fine in the AHL but he isn't an NHL center. His skating just isn't good enough and he is more valuable on the wall and as an aggressive forechecker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad