• Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The Jets are just withering under this firepower. Unreal. If we can shoot Hellebuyck full of holes like this the rest of the conference should be quaking.
cfefa976ec98445599ab2bfe3d825fd5.gif

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
If we take a pause for a second and realize what is going on in this series, everyone should be very positive and confident about our chances.

This is the likely vezina winning goalie and we're putting 5+ past him each night. This is supposed to be the stingiest d core in the league and we are eviscerating them. This is meant to be a team with great depth and team defense and we are out skating and our forechecking them.

After we dispatch of the jets look at the goalies in the West we have to deal with. Name one goalie we could meet before Bob who is as good as Helly. Or a D core.

I'm not suggesting that no team in the West is tough to beat, Vegas likely would be. But if George can maintain his play for games 2 and 3, I don't see a team beating us in the West.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Girard is not a playoff performer, it doesn’t even matter if he doesn’t come back
Did not age well

If we take a pause for a second and realize what is going on in this series, everyone should be very positive and confident about our chances.

This is the likely vezina winning goalie and we're putting 5+ past him each night. This is supposed to be the stingiest d core in the league and we are eviscerating them. This is meant to be a team with great depth and team defense and we are out skating and our forechecking them.

After we dispatch of the jets look at the goalies in the West we have to deal with. Name one goalie we could meet before Bob who is as good as Helly. Or a D core.

I'm not suggesting that no team in the West is tough to beat, Vegas likely would be. But if George can maintain his play for games 2 and 3, I don't see a team beating us in the West.
I don’t know who told you this but they were wrong

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
The Jets being a stingy defensive team has been a myth all year. They WANT to be that but they sure don't execute. Go look at how many chances they gave up this season. IIRC they were 21st.

They were saved by a Vezina winning goalie.
Haven’t the Oilers been a better defensive team than the Jets just playing in front of Skinner and Pickard or was that a fever dream I had?

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
The Avs depth has been severely underestimated this entire season.

That's what is most encouraging. They're not winning solely relying on their top end talent anymore. CMac deserves a lot of credit for the complete overhaul.
We have many players on this team that are made for playoffs. Duheime, Colton, Wood, Mitts, Lehky. Nuke, Drouin and that is not including our superstars. Our depth players underperform or play decently during regular season but they elevate their games to another dimension come playoffs.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
xGF at 5v5 last night 2.87 - 1.86 for Winnipeg. All situations it was 3.77 - 3.04 for Colorado.

So Georgiev played above average and Hellebuyck again played well below average.

He'd probably get crucified trying it but you have to wonder if Bowness isn't seriously considering turning to Lauren Brossoit at some point.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
xGF at 5v5 last night 2.87 - 1.86 for Winnipeg. All situations it was 3.77 - 3.04 for Colorado.

So Georgiev played above average and Hellebuyck again played well below average.

He'd probably get crucified trying it but you have to wonder if Bowness isn't seriously considering turning to Lauren Brossoit at some point.
You have to think about it but going full Luongo Schneider when you just committed to one guy for 7 years and the other is a 31 year old career backup is the kind of thing that can set teams back much more than just losing this series. Helle is the guy that got them there. Turning on him now could go very badly

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014

You can’t really ignore the power plays though.

Don’t get me wrong Helly has underwhelmed in this series, but the Jets gave up a ton of chances last night. Several of those goals are getting by everyone.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You can’t really ignore the power plays though.

Don’t get me wrong Helly has underwhelmed in this series, but the Jets gave up a ton of chances last night. Several of those goals are getting by everyone.
Sure, but the Parise goal was brutal, the MacKinnon goal went right through him and he was swimming on the Nichushkin goal.

He looks very bad right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad