Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'd give him even two. Last year guys like Froese (26 yo), Shaw (24) and Deslauriers (26) and Carr (25) played some games for us. McCaron is still 23. However, he'd have to go unclaimed again and this would depend on his play in the upcoming season.

2 years could do it, play all year in the AHL this season, next year we'll likely suck again so no harm in having him as say the 13th/14th forward depending on how the roster shapes up and how much he improves in the AHL under what so far seems to be an impressive coach vs what he had before. Of course maybe he doesn't improve and they just move on from him, but the point is if we suck, might as well suck but give our young players ice time to see what they can do. They made a mistake at the '13 draft by going for size but maybe if they improve and we do a better job developing them under the newly hired coaches at both levels, guys like McCarron and DLR can show that maybe they can be solid 4th liners for us in a few years.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well, I totally misread that. I saw the quotation marks and assumed it was from McCarron.

Yup. You got W3Ked. He mostly goes commando, no emojis. THC gummies may have been involved, we don't know yet. :laugh:

Reactions: OldCraig71

Jul 6, 2016
Huge wake up call for McCarron. Hopefully, he will succeed and play at NHL level someday for the Habs or elsewhere.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hey Michael, excited is pushing it. There's an excess letter "c" in the word. More like you should have exited but you got another chance.

You're only in for another year cause no one wanted you. Make the most of it, we don't need another bust.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
If he keeps working on his skating and making leaps like this summer he will still be an NHLer. He also has to remember he is 6’6 and play like it.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
The kid has been undeveloped by the pathetic Habs coaching, he looked like a beast at his first camp and has only gotten worse and now he's confused what he is supposed to do on the ice, as mentioned earlier move him back to RW and see if he can become our Tom Wilson

Reactions: DAChampion

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
The kid has been undeveloped by the pathetic Habs coaching, he looked like a beast at his first camp and has only gotten worse and now he's confused what he is supposed to do on the ice, as mentioned earlier move him back to RW and see if he can become our Tom Wilson
If Bouchard can get him straighten out will be his last chance here. We'll see if it occurs? I am not sure. Game has changed since he was drafted. That could be it also.

Reactions: DAChampion

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He really needs to produce at the AHL level and this is his last kick at the can to try and show that he can. If being a former first round pick that gets cut and passes through waivers won't do that for him than nothing ever will.

Reactions: Runner77

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

If Bouchard can get him straighten out will be his last chance here. We'll see if it occurs? I am not sure. Game has changed since he was drafted. That could be it also.

He really needs to produce at the AHL level and this is his last kick at the can to try and show that he can. If being a former first round pick that gets cut and passes through waivers won't do that for him than nothing ever will.
We're all seeing the same thing. Big kid enters the league looking like an oversized, eager puppy, banging his way towards the net and creating real chances with the puck. Two years later he's had his nose whacked so many times he's unable to make a decision with the puck, and overanalyzes where to go without the puck. Whatever offence McCarron might have had, along with his confidence and value, has been flattened by poor development and an inability to optimize his unique physical presence. He's another victim of a coaching system that instills fear of making mistakes over encouragement of individual strengths. The result is we've gained neither. He was never going to be a skilled C, but he might've become a solid 3rd or 4th line player with decent offensive upside. Still possible, but this is probably his last kick at the can.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Well that's the rub, isnt it ? Sly pretty much told him he cant produce and he will only make it as a bottom 6 player. So what does a guy do with that ?

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
Well that's the rub, isnt it ? Sly pretty much told him he cant produce and he will only make it as a bottom 6 player. So what does a guy do with that ?

I find it hard to believe. McCarron claims that Bouchard speaks the truth which is 180° turn from the previous coach. Unless Bouchard is the one telling nice little lies to big baby McCarron.

......or you believe McCarron can be more than a bottom 6 in the NHL.Do you? Personally,I will be impressed if he manages to make it as a bottom 1.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The guy has to stand close to 7 feet tall on a pair of skates and he is virtually invisible on the ice and I have never seen him take a puck to the net and frankly I don't know if he even can do so. He has one last shot to try and salvage something and yes Sly probably messed him up but at some point any of us would would have to try and look past all of that and take some responsibility for what is going wrong.

If he can't get going under Bouchard he is basically done with pro hockey. I want to hear that he is on the pp creating havoc in front of the net in the AHL, that is his strength, you can't teach big.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I find it hard to believe. McCarron claims that Bouchard speaks the truth which is 180° turn from the previous coach. Unless Bouchard is the one telling nice little lies to big baby McCarron.

......or you believe McCarron can be more than a bottom 6 in the NHL.Do you? Personally,I will be impressed if he manages to make it as a bottom 1.

I actually have no idea what you are talking about in terms of Bouchard telling him anything, no idea. Didnt read anything about it.

As to what Sly said, that was , as I recall, in his 2nd year. And no, I dont think that was a smart thing to say. I think its a stupid thing to say and I dont thi k we drafted him with the hope that his aspirations were as a 3rd liner one day. I think the hope when he was selected was that he could cause damage in front of the net.

Right now , he and we would be lucky if he could stick as a 4th liner.

Jul 6, 2016
I actually have no idea what you are talking about in terms of Bouchard telling him anything, no idea. Didnt read anything about it.

As to what Sly said, that was , as I recall, in his 2nd year. And no, I dont think that was a smart thing to say. I think its a stupid thing to say and I dont thi k we drafted him with the hope that his aspirations were as a 3rd liner one day. I think the hope when he was selected was that he could cause damage in front of the net.

Right now , he and we would be lucky if he could stick as a 4th liner.

Come on !. Sly was right. McCarron is a bottom line player.... at AHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad