Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
What I don't understand is how he isn't killing guys out there with his size. WAY too soft for a 6'6 player.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
What I don't understand is how he isn't killing guys out there with his size. WAY too soft for a 6'6 player.

They've basically tried to turn him into a soft, slow centre like David Steckel minus the faceoff abilities, he was a lot more physical his first few years in camp now he contributes absolutely nothing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thank you.

Now I think we should look towards trading McCarron for another player in a similar situation.

You're welcome. You called it perfectly.

If no one wanted him for free, we'll have to wait and see what Bouchard does with him.

Only regret is how Bouchard has so little time to bring out whatever it is they saw in him when he was drafted.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Bad pick? Yes. But theres no reason this kid has not developped in a 3rd line checker. A guy like Bickell at least. He was yo-yod too much, rushed.

It's funny because when people were advocating him to make the team at 20 years old, the argument was he's ready and safe bet.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Really nice article this morning.

Le projet McCarron, chapitre 6 | Jean-François Tremblay | Hockey

It's not only about McCarron, but the best bits are about Bouchard's approach in Laval. The future is looking brighter.

Interesting article, thanks for sharing.

This passage is a particularly scathing assessment of Lefebvre:

«Si tu rates ton coup, Joël va te le dire. L'an dernier, si tu ratais ton coup, on le rappelait mollement. J'ai aimé mes anciens entraîneurs, mais c'est complètement différent. C'est un 180. Tu as besoin d'être prêt. On n'avait pas ça l'an dernier, les gars n'étaient pas prêts à jouer chaque soir. On ne pouvait pas gagner, je ne sais pas ce qui se passait. L'ambiance ici est plus sérieuse, plus professionnelle.»

TRANSLATION: If you make a mistake, Joël will tell you. Last year, if you made a mistake, they'd tell you in a non-emphatic manner. I liked my previous coaches however (now) is completely different. It's a 180. You have to be ready. We didn't have this last year, the guys weren't ready to play every night. We couldn't win, I don't know what was going on. The atmosphere (now) is more serious, more professional."

Reactions: Mathletic

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
In a different article from The Athletic he said his attitude was bad last year (acted like a baby) and he was mad about not making the team. Pretty mind boggling for him to think he deserved to make the team.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Interesting article, thanks for sharing.

This passage is a particularly scathing assessment of Lefebvre:

«Si tu rates ton coup, Joël va te le dire. L'an dernier, si tu ratais ton coup, on le rappelait mollement. J'ai aimé mes anciens entraîneurs, mais c'est complètement différent. C'est un 180. Tu as besoin d'être prêt. On n'avait pas ça l'an dernier, les gars n'étaient pas prêts à jouer chaque soir. On ne pouvait pas gagner, je ne sais pas ce qui se passait. L'ambiance ici est plus sérieuse, plus professionnelle.»

TRANSLATION: If you make a mistake, Joël will tell you. Last year, if you made a mistake, they'd tell you in a non-emphatic manner. I liked my previous coaches however (now) is completely different. It's a 180. You have to be ready. We didn't have this last year, the guys weren't ready to play every night. We couldn't win, I don't know what was going on. The atmosphere (now) is more serious, more professional."

kind of incredible to think how this team is ran. Country club from top to bottom.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
In a different article from The Athletic he said his attitude was bad last year (acted like a baby) and he was mad about not making the team. Pretty mind boggling for him to think he deserved to make the team.

He's made his mea culpas. Luckily for him, he has Bouchard to call him on his crap. He may literally be taking himself out of the NHL -- this may be the final wake up call that he needed.

We've all have this happen to us in one form or another -- when you look back on those moments, they are quite often the ones that allowed you to untap potential you didn't know you had.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
kind of incredible to think how this team is ran. Country club from top to bottom.

It kind of confirms how most of us on this site viewed Lefebvre. We took a lot of flak for suggesting that Lefebvre was just nepotist appointment and how Bergevin had not been rigorous in the performance reviews of those he appointed who were either related or way too close to him.

This is on Molson as he gave Bergevin carte blanche. There was no one to call Bergevin to order. There still isn't.

Reactions: Mathletic and Seb

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know some wanted McCarron traded at the draft but I said I didn't think he had much if any value after doing nothing in the NHL. I mean a .12 ppg for a 1st rounder is puke worthy. I also said I thought he would pass waivers for the same reason, he has shown nothing in the NHL and was coming off a really bad 3rd pro year in the AHL.

Now he needs to be focused on his role and just go out there and do it. I don't think he's as slow as some say, the problem was he couldn't go full out for long cause he would be gassed. I really think that he still can be a possible 4th liner in a year, or maybe a 13th forward for a year and then a 4th liner. Guys his size take longer to develop, he does have some skill and he's a beast in the crease causing goalies/defensemen fits.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
It's funny because when people were advocating him to make the team at 20 years old, the argument was he's ready and safe bet.
I bet if he stuck on an NHL fourth line from a young age, he's a third liner today. His skating issues are way overblown, he's just been ruined by Lefebvre and our AHL coaching staff.

Reactions: montreal

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
But how many people wrote that he should be rushed?

A question that would require a lot of counting for an exact answer. But a quick scan of the linked thread shows at this time in 2015, hype was real and people wanted him in NHL.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I bet if he stuck on an NHL fourth line from a young age, he's a third liner today. His skating issues are way overblown, he's just been ruined by Lefebvre and our AHL coaching staff.

I remember Smith-Pelly being a very poor player for us. McCaron would have been at least similar to him if he played on the 4th. Still let's see what comes out of this ahl season.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I remember Smith-Pelly being a very poor player for us. McCaron would have been at least similar to him if he played on the 4th. Still let's see what comes out of this ahl season.
Yeah, I'm willing to give him one more year. to prove himself.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Yeah, I'm willing to give him one more year. to prove himself.

I'd give him even two. Last year guys like Froese (26 yo), Shaw (24) and Deslauriers (26) and Carr (25) played some games for us. McCaron is still 23. However, he'd have to go unclaimed again and this would depend on his play in the upcoming season.

Reactions: montreal and Habs76

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I'd give him even two. Last year guys like Froese (26 yo), Shaw (24) and Deslauriers (26) and Carr (25) played some games for us. McCaron is still 23. However, he'd have to go unclaimed again and this would depend on his play in the upcoming season.
Yeah, sure. I mean Shaw sucks, but he's an NHL vet and Carr IMO has been NHL caliber for a few seasons yet. Deslauriers was a flash in the pan who probably finds himself back in the minors within a season and Froese is just... Froese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad