Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
He's having a respectable year in the AHL and seems to be on the upswing, but I wouldn't say dominant. Unfortunately I still think he's too slow for the NHL, even as a plug, but hey, at least he has a good AHL career ahead of him?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Good for him getting 4 points. I bope he keeps contributing. Go Mike.

I like the description I read about McCarron (can't remember where), "We hoped he'd make a case for himself again under Bouchard, but he just looks like a guy that likes to skate and go hit people, nothing more."

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I like the description I read about McCarron (can't remember where), "We hoped he'd make a case for himself again under Bouchard, but he just looks like a guy that likes to skate and go hit people, nothing more."

The problem is that this description doesn't sound like him at all

He's just not quite good enough in every facet, he shows flashes everywhere but nothing concrete. He's neither physical, scary, particularly skilled, able to score, fast or quick but he CAN be all of those things depending on the night. It's really strange.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
He's showing growth this year. Hopefully he plays the full season in the AGL, keeps growing, and makes the Habs next year.

I think that your hope is overly ambitious, but who knows. Maybe he will be a late bloomer. As for now, I am glad that he is helping the AHL team. I really hope that the Rockets turn their season around. They are near the bottom of the league. With Mete and Alzner there, they have a better chance. If Sherry passes through waiver, and gets in to a groove, than will help. We still need our McCarrons and Lundgrens to show up every day and help create a winning culture.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Even if there was I think he's already hit it

Was wondering if there was a technicality I didn't know.

But, yeah, at least this season, he needs to stay in Laval for the whole season, anyway he probably wouldn't do anything worthwhile in the NHL.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Is there a quota on call-ups ?

Not literally. Wavier rules let him go up and down all year so long as he doesn't play 10 games or spend a calendar month with the club.

I imagine that comment was more figuratively in that that he's probably running out of rope.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Jake Evans will be a good 4th line center. He needs to be in NHL for second half of year instead of career AHl'ers, Chaput, Agostino etc.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Jake Evans will be a good 4th line center. He needs to be in NHL for second half of year instead of career AHl'ers, Chaput, Agostino etc.

I disagree, let him develop in the AHL, he doesn't fit on a 4th line anyway. Not even sure if he skilled enough to reach and stay in the NHL one day actually, might only be good depth to have.

Reactions: Mrb1p

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I would hope they leave him in the AHL all year. He's playing much better then last year, he looks quicker and seems to be gaining confidence. Let's see what happens if they keep him all year in Laval, if he doesn't improve they can just let him walk in the off-season, if not re-sign him on the cheap and see how he does at camp. It took Boyle till he was 26 to break out, maybe McCarron needs more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad