Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I would hope they leave him in the AHL all year. He's playing much better then last year, he looks quicker and seems to be gaining confidence. Let's see what happens if they keep him all year in Laval, if he doesn't improve they can just let him walk in the off-season, if not re-sign him on the cheap and see how he does at camp. It took Boyle till he was 26 to break out, maybe McCarron needs more time.
McCarron needs more talent. There will never be enough time.

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
Since they wont try him as a winger can they try him out as a dman? All that size and reach might work for him in that position. He can at least pass better than Benn and clear the crease. Try something cause he’s currently trade fodder.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I would hope they leave him in the AHL all year. He's playing much better then last year, he looks quicker and seems to be gaining confidence. Let's see what happens if they keep him all year in Laval, if he doesn't improve they can just let him walk in the off-season, if not re-sign him on the cheap and see how he does at camp. It took Boyle till he was 26 to break out, maybe McCarron needs more time.
Same can be said about Kevin Hayes. Took him 5 years just to score his first NHL goal. Same for his brother Jimmy, drafted in 2009, didnt make the NHL full time until 2014.

Reactions: montreal

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Chaput is way better, but he's also pretty bad imo. I never saw an NHLer in McCarron. I hope we never draft a player with the McCarron/Tinordi type of profile ever again in the first round. Hopefully the lessons have been learned.
Too bad so much damage had to be done for them to learn things that were obvious even at that time. Pretty sad. Like thinking trading for Dwight King will help a team.

Reactions: montreal

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Imo mccaron was one of our best prospects in a long time and he has been treated horrendous.

If we got together and supported him maybe we could make a difference together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jul 6, 2016
Jake Evans will be a good 4th line center. He needs to be in NHL for second half of year instead of career AHl'ers, Chaput, Agostino etc.

No way ! The kid absolutely needs to play at least one full season at AHL level.

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Therrien destroyed his confidence, he was playing well when numbnuts would scratch him for a turnover etc, but all his favs got free passes.

Reactions: dralaf and montreal

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Is is even possible for him to overcome his skating issues?!

This has been what's keeping him from being an effective player in the NHL and to me it seems to be something that is close to being impossible to address.

Am I wrong or being too pessimistic?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is is even possible for him to overcome his skating issues?!

This has been what's keeping him from being an effective player in the NHL and to me it seems to be something that is close to being impossible to address.

Am I wrong or being too pessimistic?

A little between the two.

He worked on his skating this off-season, as well as trained in a way to redistribute his body weight. And we can see the difference.

But we can see that difference in the AHL. I'm not sure it will be enough to crack an NHL line-up, though.

However, he's better suited to play in the NHL now because he has improved his skating. Whether he can stay in the NHL is still up in the air.

Reactions: Fixxer and montreal

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Lmao true that. Hes either to fast or to slow i dont disagree. I just personally think hes one of our best hockey players.
Have you seen him in the NHL? He’s clearly not capable of keeping up, he’ a bigger slug than Dwight king.

For the AHL I agree, he’s perfect for the Rocket moving forward.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Have you seen him in the NHL? He’s clearly not capable of keeping up, he’ a bigger slug than Dwight king.

For the AHL I agree, he’s perfect for the Rocket moving forward.

Ive just noticed that montreal has a better record with him in the lineup.
Sometimes you dont need to be the most skilled or fastest to have a mostly positive impact on the success of your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad