Confirmed with Link: Meszaros to Boston for a 3rd round pick

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Hint 1:
- Played at Boston College from 2001-2005
Hint 2:
- Played for 3 seasons between 2006 and 2008 for the Bruins.
Hint 3:
- Drafted in the 6th round by the Bruins in 2001. Currently playing for his 4th NHL organization.

Answer: Andrew Alberts.
^Highlight For Answer^
The winter before our cup run in 2011 I split a cab home with some random girl who was a sister in law with Andrew Alberts. We were both looking for a cab, I was a drunk college kid, she was older and it was ****ing frigid out and we lived near each other. I talked **** the whole way home about how terrible he is. Also let her know that if she got tickets to let me know, haha. As I left the cab I said to tell him we'll see him in the finals. We did. Your welcome everyone

Uli Kunkel

Feb 8, 2014
Mez used to wear #14 before the Flyers. Guess you have to personally know Ace Bailey (Corvo) to wear it.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
The Flyers are 22nd in the NHL with 184 goals allowed in 63 games. Their goal differential is -4. That's not all on the goalie.

For the sake of comparison, the Bruins are 2nd in the NHL with 138 goals allowed in 61 games. Their goal differential is +54.

Yup you are right, their D hasn't been playing up to its potential, especially to start the season. But they have been pretty good of late, especially since Giroux started to play again. If that team ever gets it together, they'll be a force.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
I know EDM is terrible and that a terrible team placing a guy on waivers doesn't inspire confidence, but it's possible that in the right system, Potter might contribute.

Can anyone provide a brief take on his game, or direct me to one?

Thanks,

:help:

my guess is that his new home will be Prov. I would like to see either Trotman or Warsofsky up as back up. Both have looked good in their time here in Boston.

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
My biggest problem with this move is I don't see how it helps the PK much, which is the Bruins' glaring weakness right now. Having a PK in the ~75% range since Seidenberg got injured is just going to kill us in the playoffs if we face Pittsburgh, or Montreal, or Washington.

I just don't see the fit. I hope I'm wrong, but he just doesn't seem to be the D we need.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I had no interest in him as he hasn't been a consistent D-man in years, but I prefer it over either Schenn or Ehrhoff solely because of the contract situation and the fact that we basically give up nothing.

Overall, we needed defensive depth going into the playoffs. While we may not have picked up grade A players, we filled the need of defensive depth.

Call me easy to satisfy, but I'm satisfied. This team didn't need huge upgrades as the superstar trade junkies imply.

Good Post.

I didn't think you could REALLY replace Seids. He will be missed in the playoffs.

The B's needed dmen and picked up a couple.

I don't like the thought of the Bruin's killer going to the Habs but whatever.

GO B's

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Not sure we improved all that much especially if this puts Miller on the 9th floor; Kevan has been extremely impressive to me and I don't believe Meszaros is better defensively than him. Inexperienced yes. Also Montreal on the face of it is much improved.

NYI screwed themselves. The Habs didn't give up enough for Vanek.

NHL channel picked the B's as one of the teams that did well yesterday...we will see.

I trust Peter C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad