Confirmed with Link: Meszaros to Boston for a 3rd round pick

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Someone on the scouting staff liked him. I'll reserve judgement but he used to be a very good player.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Had no interest in Meszaros, but we didn't give up too much for him so I hope he does well here.

MadFerIt95*

Flyers fan here, he's pretty good at moving the puck in the O Zone but can be a train wreck in the D zone. But the last few games he has been OK defensively, not a bad trade for you guys, since he should only be a depth defenseman

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Don't like him TBH, but it's essentially zero risk with it being a 3rd and him being a UFA. Very deep blueline now even without Seids.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Flyers fan here, he's pretty good at moving the puck in the O Zone but can be a train wreck in the D zone. But the last few games he has been OK defensively, not a bad trade for you guys, since he should only be a depth defenseman

Not what this team needs.

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
Chi did what he said he was going to do. Add depth ok. Didnt give anything up off the current roster. so good move.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007

I thought the Bruins had that market cornered already?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The Bruins needed to be aggressive if they wanted to compete for a Cup in 2014. They feel way short.:shakehead

You have the inside scoop on what Chia and Company tried to do??? Rumour out there they and the Wings were pushing for Erhoff.......there's being aggressive and being smart.....I'll wager we are going to hear rumblings of the asking price for the bigger names being ridiculous.

Meszaros is exactly the kind of player Chia stated clearly in the last week or so he was going to try and get......why that surprises any one is beyond me:shakehead

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think this is a pretty fair deal for everyone. Flyers fans are going to come in and dump all over him, but he's been fine as long as he plays as a depth player. He's been scratched in times he shouldn't be since Craig Berube likes Nicklas Grossmann or some reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->