Melnyk's Townhall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I am not exactly in disagreement with his opinion. Sure, of course coladin is a Melnyk Lover lol, but in all seriousness, is Bruce Boudreau really worth it? Bruce Cassidy did well and is doing excellent this year. Hitchcock crashed and burned this year. I'm just saying that money isn' t the be all and end all when it comes to coaches.

We just need to find the right one. Vigneault is still under contract for 2 years and can be had cheap...if he is the right guy.
So Coladin, when our GM publicly trashes our coach like he did yesterday, do you think it makes it easier or harder to get an established coach to consider the Sens?

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Daniel Alfredsson himself, told the media why he decided to leave Ottawa, and sign as a free agent, with Detroit. He never mentioned anything that could be spun as dislike for anyone, or anything connected with the Ottawa Senators.

"I made a very difficult decision to leave Ottawa after 18 years and 17 seasons,I had nothing but great times in Ottawa. I didn't really see myself making a change a week ago, but as we got closer to free agency, thoughts started creeping in."
Daniel Alfredsson July 5th, 2013

he also cited the desire to play with his Swedish compatriots, such as Henrik Zetterberg, Johan Franzen, Gustav Nyquist, Niklas Kronwall and Jonathan Ericsson.

He also said that he had discussed the possibility of signing with Detroit during the off-season with Zetterburg.

"Zetterberg, I talked to two or three times, He was the one that I bounced ideas around with mostly."
Daniel Alfredsson July 5th, 2013

Of course the H&B EM Crew bought into their own conspiracy theory as to why Alfredsson signed with Detroit....... and they're perpetuating that unsubstantiated rumour today, as it fits their narrative.

Perhaps Alfie has more tact than Pierre.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Ok. I understand what you meant by your first post now.

wouldn't Karlsson have thought that too though?

I figure his camp was happy at the time to take that contract (otherwise why take it?). That is a ton of money for a farmboy. Looking backward, however, I can see how anyone would look back on all his hardware and career and think it was a very team-friendly deal.

This new deal will likely be his last contract. I doubt he goes so easy when it's his retirement money we're talking about.

*this thread is moving so fast, lol. Apologies if this point was already made.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
At the last meeting, my son wanted his autograph along with PD, so as a good father, I went and got an autograph from EM and PD. Love this guy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad