Melnyk's Townhall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018
I don't get that... You have a townhall meeting open to STHs only ... and the franchise seems to have some very serious issues regarding funding, Karlsson, rebuild, retool, Lebreton and you go in and ask a question about a fn logo or the prominence of a maple leaf symbol .... I just don't get that.

Yeah, everyone's been VERY vocal about either the Heritage or return to 2D. A maple leaf has never come up. So to ignore all that noise but to make a point of bringing up the one single comment about a leaf oothe radio... Weird.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Melnyk himself stated we were receiving from the fund.

It is Melnyk, so his word only means so much.

No one is disputing that we are receivers of the fund. It was well answered with comparisons to how the Packers can compete with the Giants.

What we do know is Ottawa paid into the revenue sharing funds only because it had playoff revenue, which everyone does. We also know that whatever was in that fund, and the last number I saw was 200M back in 2012-2013 revenues, which was based on something like 3B revenues, Ottawa gets a chunk.

I think it could be 5M, just speculating but thinking of a sliding scale that would adequately support the worst teams.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It really isn't out of the realm of possibility with Melnyk, which is the sad part and why it grew legs.

That is unfortunately how he is now viewed. Which is why the inclusion of Ryan with the Karlsson deal everyone also believed. Melnyk, apparently , is cheap.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I don't get that... You have a townhall meeting open to STHs only ... and the franchise seems to have some very serious issues regarding funding, Karlsson, rebuild, retool, Lebreton and you go in and ask a question about a fn logo or the prominence of a maple leaf symbol .... I just don't get that.

It is a prevalent, toxic attitude that surrounds this team.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Like that quack who went ballistic at the last town hall blasting the ownership about french language....our head coach is as French as they come. Lots of venom against this team. The owner is not going anywhere!! Might as well get used to it.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Like that quack who went ballistic at the last town hall blasting the ownership about french language....our head coach is as French as they come. Lots of venom against this team. The owner is not going anywhere!! Might as well get used to it.

Part of me thought he was going to charge the platform...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I don't know what that site has on it as it's paywall blocked, but Forbes numbers (which very well may be their source as from what I can tell that site is just ) suggest you (or they) missed a decimal place.

The Business Of Hockey

Edit: On further examination, when I get to that site by Google, I get a URL that isn't paywall blocked (odd), and most of their numbers align perfectly with Forbes save a few at the bottom that are missing a decimal place. I suspect they sourced their data from Forbes but goofed and droped the decimal place for Anaheim, Columbus, Tampa Bay and New York (Islanders).

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The question about a maple leaf on the jersey that was asked sounded scripted too. The fact that PD brought it up on radio the next day as one of the best feedback he got out of the whole thing made it extra suspect.
That's weird. I wonder if that's why they didn't want media and photographs taken? If they were going to plant questions in the crowd it'd be pretty easy to cross reference Linkdn or Twitter follows to see if they worked for the organization in some capacity.

Pretty crazy conspiracy theory, don't think the organization would stoop that low but then again we have the whole banana republic war with the media beginning so I guess it's not so odd in relation to that. If Melnyk is as inspired by the rise of fascism around the world as I think he is, this would be a logical step.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I don't know what that site has on it as it's paywall blocked, but Forbes numbers (which very well may be their source as from what I can tell that site is just ) suggest you (or they) missed a decimal place.

The Business Of Hockey

Edit: On further examination, when I get to that site by Google, I get a URL that isn't paywall blocked (odd), and most of their numbers align perfectly with Forbes save a few at the bottom that are missing a decimal place. I suspect they sourced their data from Forbes but goofed and droped the decimal place for Anaheim, Columbus, Tampa Bay and New York (Islanders).
It's so he can use the Forbes numbers without admitting he knows they are relatively accurate...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Unfortunately, there is none. Depends on who you know and how close they are to the situation.

However, you can refer to the locker room uber incident rumour. Look at Melnyk's track record and choose to believe it or not. Unrepairable damage was done there.

Also, what's a Tnouc?

Many of us have been wondering the same thing

Reactions: coladin

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Many of us have been wondering the same thing
In one of Amy Winehouse’s songs, she uses the line “What kind of “f***erie” is this?” I’ve decided to use that line every other day, if applicable.

Since I’ve joined here, I feel the word could also be interchangeable with “Tnouc”.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
In one of Amy Winehouse’s songs, she uses the line “What kind of “****erie” is this?” I’ve decided to use that line every other day, if applicable.

Since I’ve joined here, I feel the word could also be interchangeable with “Tnouc”.

What's a Tnouc?

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
That's weird. I wonder if that's why they didn't want media and photographs taken? If they were going to plant questions in the crowd it'd be pretty easy to cross reference Linkdn or Twitter follows to see if they worked for the organization in some capacity.

Pretty crazy conspiracy theory, don't think the organization would stoop that low but then again we have the whole banana republic war with the media beginning so I guess it's not so odd in relation to that. If Melnyk is as inspired by the rise of fascism around the world as I think he is, this would be a logical step.

All bets are off after the Yost hack imo, that said all I needed to know about the state of the current owner's psyche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad