Melnyk's Townhall

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands

Hey she is just as entitled to speak her mind as anyone else.

I have to say I pretty much disagree because her husband's very well paying job is reliant on people spending discretionary income to watch him play a game, and certainly all of that cash could be better directed to social / global improvements for everyone.

Shut it all down then.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I have to say I pretty much disagree because her husband's very well paying job is reliant on people spending discretionary income to watch him play a game, and certainly all of that cash could be better directed to social / global improvements for everyone.

Shut it all down then.

...and her husband wouldn't even have chance to get a job in 25+ other NHL cities.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018

Shut it all down then.
I guess Mark gives to important issues instead of buying teeth.

Reactions: FlapJackKing

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
...and her husband wouldn't even have chance to get a job in 25+ other NHL cities.

This. Tara and Mark (?) should just thank the Sens day in and day out that they are getting gifted multi-millions, because on an elite team he'd be a spare or in the AHL or whatnot.
P.S. Tara, fans pay your husband's salary, so check your privilege.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
interesting response here to this tweet.

dial it back. look at Julie Turris's tweet.

Why is one universally accepted and the other panned?

16w

Jun 23, 2003
look at Julie Turris's tweet.

because when someone tells a millionaire how to spend his money, everyone agrees, but when someone tells a million people how to spend their money, RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
interesting response here to this tweet.

dial it back. look at Julie Turris's tweet.

Certainly, people will be prone to react positively to something they already agree with, and negatively to something they already disagree with, howerver, in this case one response is disagreeing with a very subjective opinion about acceptable use of discressionary funds, while the other is beleiving somebodies thoughts regarding an internal process for which they certainly would have inside information on. Certainly there's a distinction there that could play into peoples reactions as well.

Personally, I have no issue with what Tara said, and suspect that Julie's tweet is probably pretty similar to how Kyle Turris would feel, only she doesn't have the same filters when she talks to media. I get the criticism that Tara's take could be construed as hypocritical given her family's revenue streams are tied to arguably equally frivolous discresionary spending, but just because that's where she gets her income from doesn't mean she agrees with it.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Wow. An adult woman expressed a point of view. Summon the Internet Justice Keyboard Warrior League!!!
Everyone should now engage in a frothy debate over her right to say anything.

Time for a HFBoards break for me. I’ll check back in at draft lottery day. The negative energy on these boards is ridiculous. Boro is a local kid who actually made it to the NHL and plays for his home team. But the fans here are so jaded and full of jealousy and hate that he’s constantly derided. You’d think people would be happy for the kid.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Boro is known as a guy from ottawa who punches people in the face for a living. As fans we care about a lot of things and Boro’s health is one of this things and I don’t like how he plays the game and my opinion on fighting in the NHL will contribute to changing the culture of the game, so if she wants fans to mind their own business and just pay the bills she can attend to her husbands health issues by herself and see how far she gets without millions of people calling for change in fighting.

The Boro family are millionaires from Cheques signed by Melnyck so good for her for telling the rest of us about priorities. Meknyck dumps on us as fans and as a city enough and we’ve had enough. As a fanbase we could just not care and not pay to go see this horrible product and laughing stock management group and the Boro family can tell us about priorities when we are no longer putting the money together that pays for their priorities.

Millionaires defending billionaires by Tweeting is not brave. it’s just tweeting.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This. Tara and Mark (?) should just thank the Sens day in and day out that they are getting gifted multi-millions, because on an elite team he'd be a spare or in the AHL or whatnot.
P.S. Tara, fans pay your husband's salary, so check your privilege.

I wouldn't go quite that far. I meant more that Ottawa is the one the gave them a chance, so no wonder they'd both stick up for Melynk. They may have money, but they don't have that kind of clout to bite the hand that feeds them.

Reactions: BuckyDornster

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I wouldn't go quite that far. I meant more that Ottawa is the one the gave them a chance, so no wonder they'd both stick up for Melynk. They may have money, but they don't have that kind of clout to bite the hand that feeds them.

I just don’t like the feel of it. The guy on the team who is BY FAR scarificing the most and even his future life with his wife and this is the family sticking up for Melnyck?

Feels like the low wage worker doing super risky work In an environment where the boss doesn’t care about his health and then thanks the millionaire for the job.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I just don’t like the feel of it. The guy on the team who is BY FAR scarification game the most and even his future life with his wife and this is the family sticking up for Melnyck?

Feels like the low wage worker doing super risky work and then thanks the millionaire for the job.

Welcome to life. The poor have always gone to war for the benefit of the rich. Same goes in any hierarchy. That's why some folks are willing to backstab their way to the top, and why the worst kind of people often become billionaires.

Life in this universe kinda sucks. We need to find the key to that multiverse thing, and find someplace better.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Welcome to life. The poor have always gone to war for the benefit of the rich. Same goes in any hierarchy. That's why some folks are willing to backstab their way to the top, and why the worst kind of people often become billionaires.

Life in this universe kinda sucks. We need to find the key to that multiverse thing, and find someplace better.

I like your priorities!!

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It's high time Melnyk got rid of everyone except Mark Borowiecki. He's the true face of this franchise and will always ALWAYS back up the owner. Hell, make the whole Borowiecki family the OFFICIAL Ottawa Senators family! Who needs players like Kyle Turris and Erik Karlsson who would dare ever question management anyway? It's all about unity. Does Mark have a brother who's good with numbers? Might as well make HIM the new GM while we're at it!

Sigh.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Wow. An adult woman expressed a point of view. Summon the Internet Justice Keyboard Warrior League!!!

Time for a HFBoards break for me. I’ll check back in at draft lottery day. The negative energy on these boards is ridiculous. Boro is a local kid who actually made it to the NHL and plays for his home team. But the fans here are so jaded and full of jealousy and hate that he’s constantly derided. You’d think people would be happy for the kid.
How is this related to the fact that the statement comes from a woman? If she disagrees with the avenue some folks took to take a stand, that’s her perogative. To tell people, - if you have extra money, let me tell you how you shouldn’t spend it. - not sure her common sense kicked in before she pressed the send button.

In my opinion, players and their spouses should refrain from commenting about certain situations. It would be the professional thing to do.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I have no issue with Tara offering her opinion.

I disagree vehemently, but I'm happy she has the chance to offer her point of view.

Reactions: TNUOC ALUCARD

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Nobody's denying that she has the right to speak her mind. Freedom of speech is a concept I think most us would defend to the death. But here's the thing – as much as she's entitled to share an opinion, I'm entitled to call her an asshole for having that opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad