Jan 21, 2011
Port Elgin, ON
Name: Doug
Sex: M
Birthplace: Southampton, ON
Hometown: Port Elgin, ON
Mode of Transportation: 2003 GMC Envoy or Volvo S-60
Job: Student/ Retail Sales of Sporting Goods

How and when you became a Blues fan: When Doug Weight got traded to the Blues, he was my favourite player, and I started learning more and more about the team and loved Al MacInnis from the hardest shot competitions

Favorite Current Blues Player: Alex Pietrangelo or Patrik Berglund
Favorite All-Time Blues Player: Doug Weight or Al MacInnis

Favorite Active NON Blues Player: Eric Staal or Mike Richards
Favorite All-Time NON Blues Player: Mats Sundin

First Blues Game Attended: Blues at Buffalo when I was about 13, they won 5-2 and all the buffalo fans were chirping us because we were canadian and cheering for the Blues

College Attended/Attending: Humber College, Toronto - Sports Management

Music You Listen To:Top 40, Rap
Favorite Band(s):Jay-Z, Drake, OLP
Favorite Movie(s): Inception, Toy Soldiers, Memphis Belle
Favorite Food: Pizza, Steak and Porkchops
Favorite TV Show: The Real World
Hobbies: Video games, Skate Fixing, Hockey, Soccer, Football.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
I have been a Long Suffering Blues fan since the 1973-1974 season Name: Steve
Birthplace: Belleville, Il
Hometown: St. Louis MO
Mode of Transportation: 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
Job: Ward Clerk for the VA

How and when you became a Blues fan: Got hooked watching a Blues Flyers game on NBC's game of the week, The Flyers kicked the 'Notes ass I recall, the year they won their 1st Cup, 1973-1974 season. That was the 1st year the Blues missed the playoffs for the 1st time...

Favorite Current Blues Player: T. J. Oshie
Favorite All-Time Blues Player: Al MacInnis

Favorite Active NON Blues Player: Roberto Luango
Favorite All-Time NON Blues Player: Mario Lemiuex

First Blues Game Attended: Blues vs. the Bruins 1975 Blues won 6-5

College Attended/SWIC

Music You Listen To:Classic Rock
Favorite Band(s):Emerson, Lake, & Palmer
Favorite Movie(s): True Romance
Favorite Food: Pizza, Mexican, BBQ's
Favorite TV Show: LOST
Hobbies: Hockey, Football.

Last edited:

randysavage

Feb 24, 2011
Name: Elliot
Birthplace: Breese, IL
Hometown: O'Fallon, IL
Mode of Transportation: An embarrassing pile
Job: Server
How and when you became a Blues fan: I had cousins who were huge fans, and I came from a large extended family, so they were always the babysitters, and therefore, we watched the games whenever they were over. I never had a bit of problem with it.
Favorite Blues Player: current? David Backes
Favorite NON Blues Player: Jaromir Jagr
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Watching Brett Hull score a hat trick during the first period of a day game against the Wings on team hat day. It was chaos.
First Blues Game Attended: 2004 vs. Wild 3-0 loss. Weak.
College Attended/Attending: some SIUE
Music You Listen To: Metal and classic rock
Favorite Band(s): Opeth, Mastodon, Megadeth, Rush
Favorite Movie(s): The Shawshank Redemption, The Royal Tenenbaums, The Escapist, Ghostbusters
Favorite Food: Italian. Pretty much all of it.
Favorite TV Show: Dexter, anything WWE (guilty pleasure), Lights Out
Hobbies: Video games, games at the bar, pool, guitar

randysavage

Feb 24, 2011
I guess I can add that my favorite non-active Blue is Brett Hull and my favorite active non-Blue is NOW Erik Johnson. I just want to see the guy do well. I know we hit a homer with Stewart.

Ghost Face

Hull of Fame
Mar 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Name: Kevin
Birthplace: Winnipeg, MB
Hometown: Winnipeg, MB
Mode of Transportation: Skates
How and when you became a Blues fan: Surrounded by hockey my whole life, liked St. Louis since I can remember
Favorite Blues Player: current? T.J. Oshie, Alex Steen, David Backes All-Time? Brett Hull, Al Macinnes, Curtis Joseph
Favorite NON Blues Player: active? Zach Parise, Marian Hossa, Anze Kopitar Retired? Gretzky, Yzerman, Sakic
Your Definitive Blues Moment:
First Blues Game Attended: Yet to happen sadly
Music You Listen To: Anything good, so not Country
Favorite Band(s): Wu-Tang Clan, Bad Religion, Daft Punk
Favorite Movie(s): Pulp Fiction, Ace Ventura, Die Hard
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite TV Show: Sopranos(RIP), It's Always Sunny, Conan
Hobbies: hockey, drumming, hockey, movies, graphic design, and I guess hockey

TylerD1

Mar 11, 2011
Name: Tyler
Birthplace: Saskatchewan Canada
Mode of Transportation: An old truck :P
How and when you became a Blues fan: My older brother was always a huge St Louis blues fan and I always tried to be like him when I was younger lmao, so I cant remember exactly when I started cheering for the Blues but I would watch them and the Ottawa Senators on and off since I was probably 14.
Favorite Blues Player: Dont know if this is now or of all time, but now days David Backes, Andy Mcdonald, Alex Steen. Back in the day... Obviously Brett Hull... Scott Young.
Favorite NON Blues Player: Again I will assume this means recently... I will go with Pat Kane, Jonathan Toews, Marty Brodeur, Cam Ward....
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Well I have yet to go to a Blues game, so I will go with that.. Will be an incredible moment. Probably the best time I ever had watching the Blues was when they made the Playoffs in 08. Even though they got swept by Vancouver, I was old enough to drink and was with my friends having beers watching those games. Was good times
Hobbies: Lets see.... I like playing hockey... I play in an adult safe league, I work at the Bank of Montreal and like my job... That takes up 40 hrs or more of my week. So when I do get time between work and hockey its seeing my girlfriend (been together 4 years) and hanging with other friends watching hockey :)

Thekidline

Aug 9, 2010
Saint Louis Mo
Just realized that I never made a post hear.

Name: Justin

Sex: Male

Birthplace/ hometown: St. Louis, Mo

How I became a Hockey Fan: Oct. 18 2008; A friend brought me to my first hockey game, The blues beat the hawks 4-3 in the shootout oshie scores the game winner.

Favorite Current player: Patrik Berglund.

Favorite Former Player: Big Walt

Favorite Prospect: Jaden Schwartz

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Name: Tim Oertel
Hometown: Brighton, Illinois
Profession: Musician/Father
Mode of Transportation: 2006 Nissan Altima
How And When You Became A Blues Fan: My father's side of the family are Cardinals/Blues fans, and my mother's side are Cubs/Blackhawks fans, so I went with my name sake. :)
Favorite Current Blues Player: Berglund/Pietrangelo
Favorite Former Blues Player: Hull/Shanahan
Favorite Blues Prospect: Tarasenko
Favorite Non Blues Player: Lemieux, Yzerman, Malkin
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Watching Yzerman rip that slap shot unfortunately...
First Blues Game Attended: 1998 Blues Vs. Red Wings
Music You Listen To: Any and all...Literally
Favorite Band(s): Metallica, Dream Theater, and Pantera
Favorite Movie(s): Hearts in Atlantis, Star Trek, The Aviator, and Master & Commander
Favorite Food: Steak and shrimp
Favorite TV Show: NHL On The Fly, The Apprentice, That Metal Show, and Ghost Adventures
Hobbies: Playing guitar and drums, playing hockey, playing poker, fixing random things, video games, and of course, playing with my son Carson! :)

Last edited:

NashvilleBlues

Jun 29, 2010
St. Louis
Name: Tim Oertel
Hometown: Brighton, Illinois
Profession: Musician/Father
Mode of Transportation: 2006 Nissan Altima
How And When You Became A Blues Fan: My father's side of the family are Cardinals/Blues fans, and my mother's side are Cubs/Blackhawks fans, so I went with my name sake. :)
Favorite Current Blues Player: Berglund/Pietrangelo
Favorite Former Blues Player: Hull/Shanahan
Favorite Blues Prospect: Tarasenko
Favorite Non Blues Player: Lemieux, Yzerman, Malkin
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Watching Yzerman rip that slap shot unfortunately...
First Blues Game Attended: 1998 Blues Vs. Red Wings
Music You Listen To: Any and all...Literally
Favorite Band(s): Metallica, Dream Theater, and Pantera
Favorite Movie(s): Hearts in Atlantis, Star Trek, The Aviator, and Master & Commander
Favorite Food: Steak and shrimp
Favorite TV Show: NHL On The Fly, The Apprentice, That Metal Show, and Ghost Adventures
Hobbies: Playing guitar and drums, playing hockey, playing poker, fixing random things, video games, and of course, playing with my son Carson! :)

Tim freaking Oertel. I did not know you were on here. haha It's a small world.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Just realized that I never made a post hear.

Name: Justin

Birthplace/ hometown: St. Louis, Mo

How I became a Hockey Fan: Oct. 18 2008; A friend brought me to my first hockey game, The blues beat the hawks 4-3 in the shootout oshie scores the game winner.

Favorite Current player: Patrik Berglund.

Favorite Former Player: Big Walt

Favorite Prospect: Jaden Schwartz

Justin freaking Ross. Didn't know you posted here

CaseyJones65

Aug 9, 2009
Northern Iowa
Any fans from Iowa here? Moving in a few months to Northeastern Iowa and was surprised to find out that local coverage covers FSM, not FSN (Wild). As a long -suffering Leafs fan, it'll be nice to follow a team with an outstanding core of young players and prospects... Go Blues (that felt weird)!

Last edited:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Any fans from Iowa here? Moving in a few months to Northeastern Iowa and was surprised to find out that local coverage covers FSM, not FSN (Wild). As a long -suffering Leafs fan, it'll be nice to follow a team with an outstanding core of young players and prospects... Go Blues (that felt weird)!

It won't feel wierd once you get the right color blue in your veins. ;)

Fan in IA would know this better, but just because you get FSM, doesn't mean that there will be Blues games televised. I am in Kansas, near KC and I don't get the games. GameCenter is keeping me tapped into to hockey.

mizzoublues29

Unregistered User
Apr 10, 2009
Columbia, MO
Name: Brian
Birthplace: Ferguson, MO
Hometown: Ferguson, MO
Mode of Transportation: 1995 Saturn SL2 (265000 miles and no A/C)
Job: Student, professional caddie

How and when you became a Blues fan: Just always grew up watching Blues game with my dad, for as long as I can remember.

Favorite Current Blues Player: Halak or Petro
Favorite All-Time Blues Player: Doug Wickenheiser or Curtis Joseph

Favorite NON Blues Player: Stamkos, Stempniak, or Lundqvist
Favorite Retired NON Blues Player: Dominik Hasek

Your Definitive Blues Moment: Not sure, but recently; the 2009 reg season game vs. Vancouver and the crowd started the "We Want Playoffs!" chant...gave me goosebumps. (Same game that T.J. undressed Luongo)
First Blues Game Attended: Don't remember exactly, but I think it was against the Nordiques or Jets.

College Attended/Attending: University of Missouri '12 (Sports Management)
Music You Listen To: Mostly rock, throw in some bluegrass here and there. Just about anything
Favorite Band(s): A ton of bands, ranging from The Strokes to Underoath to A Day To Remember, everything in between.
Favorite Movie(s): Miracle, The Big Lebowski, Caddy Shack (I'm sure I'm missing quite a few)
Favorite Food: I'm a sucker for beef stroganoff
Favorite TV Show: It's Always Sunny, Entourage, Family Guy
Hobbies: Playing hockey, riding dirt bikes, playing golf, drinking heavily.

Thrashin Smashville

Sep 19, 2009
Covington
Name: Matt
Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia
Hometown: ^^
Mode of Transportation: Nissan Sentra
Job: Fast food
How and when you became a Blues fan: Atlanta got screwed, Saw a team that resembled what my team was becoming. Yesterday

Favorite current Blues player: Tj Oshie
Favorite all-time Blues player: Keith Tkachuk
Favorite active non-Blues player: Keith Tkachuk
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Ilya Kovalchuk
First Blues Game Attended: Tkachuk 1000 point night.

Music You Listen To: Everything
Favorite Band(s): The Killers
Favorite Movie(s): No real favorites
Favorite Food: Chinese

Favorite TV Show: scrubs, the league.
Hobbies: Sports pretty much take up all my time

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Name: Matt
Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia
Hometown: ^^
Mode of Transportation: Nissan Sentra
Job: Fast food
How and when you became a Blues fan: Atlanta got screwed, Saw a team that resembled what my team was becoming. Yesterday

Favorite current Blues player: Tj Oshie
Favorite all-time Blues player: Keith Tkachuk
Favorite active non-Blues player: Keith Tkachuk
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Ilya Kovalchuk
First Blues Game Attended: Tkachuk 1000 point night.

Music You Listen To: Everything
Favorite Band(s): The Killers
Favorite Movie(s): No real favorites
Favorite Food: Chinese

Favorite TV Show: scrubs, the league.
Hobbies: Sports pretty much take up all my time

Welcome to the forum. If you follow the Blues this season, I think you'll really enjoy getting to know this team.

Mr Dangles

Made of 100% genuine star stuff.
Sep 23, 2008
Arizona
Since I never did this I guess why not!

Name: Chris
Birthplace: Kansas City, KS (Birth cetificate says so, technically not MO even though that's where the family lived, Hospital was right across the border!)
Hometown: Lake St. Louis, MO
Mode of Transportation: '03 Mustang GT
Job: Student, 3 Semester left at Mizzou. No job now, looking.
How and when you became a Blues fan: Been a fan as long as I can remember
Favorite current Blues player: Oshie, Backes, Perron, Pietrangelo, Berglund. Damn, I love them all!
Favorite all-time Blues player: Keith Tkachuk/Scott Young/Al MacInnis
Favorite active non-Blues player: Alex Ovechkin
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: I also once loved Kovalchuk back when he first broke out with the Thrash, but I have no one stand out player
First Blues Game Attended: I don't really remember, probably around 10 or so. I do know my first hockey game ever was A KC blades game before we moved out of KC.

Music You Listen To: Pretty much everything but country, and I don't like much rap and modern pop. Favorite genres are Classic/modern Rock, Alternative, Funk, Blues, Soul, anything chill etc...

Favorite Band(s): Red Hot Chili Peppers AINEC as well, but i also love The Beatles, Incubus, Jimi Hendrix, John Frusciante, Jet, Jack Johnson. Here's my last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/NIGHTPROWL3R

Favorite Movie(s): Zoolander, Bandits, Big Trouble, The Hangover, the Bourne movies, Superbad, Miracle, Anchorman, Spaceballs, 300, Transformers, Inglorious Basterds, Austin Powers trilogy, I could go on..

Favorite Food: I'm not to picky but I don't really like much Chinese.

Favorite TV Show: South Park AINEC
Hobbies: I also love Music in general and play Guitar alot, some bass and some Ukulele.

Baby Got Backes

Jun 8, 2011
St. Louis
Name: Andrew
Birthplace: St. Louis
Mode of Transportation: '06 Ford Focus ZX5
Job: Student, payed internship as a level 1 helpdesk tech at American Railcar Industries.
How and when you became a Blues fan: Grew up watching them with my dad.
Favorite current Blues player: Backes and Halak
Favorite all-time Blues player: Brett Hull, Pierre Turgeon, Grant Fuhr, Brendan Shanahan, Cujo...the list goes on
Favorite active non-Blues player: Martin St. Louis (totally need him on our team...just seems fitting.)
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Patrick Roy, I guess. I don't know there are to many incredible athletes to chose from.
First Blues Game Attended: I do not remember what I do remember is it was before they tore down the old arena...what a crying shame that day was :(.

Music You Listen To: I listen Christian artists with a few exceptions. Speaking genre wise I listen to pretty much everything.
Favorite Band(s): Skillet, Red, Needtobrethe, Blindside...idk, I don't really have a favorite per se

Favorite Movie(s): Transformers, Boondock Saints, Green Street Hooligans, SLC Punk, Fight Club, and this list will get really long really quick if I keep going.
Favorite Food: I LIKE FOOD.

Favorite TV Show: Colbert Report
Hobbies: Hockey, video games, and music...i can't really play any instruments, but I like to try and I am getting better.

Mr Dangles

Made of 100% genuine star stuff.
Sep 23, 2008
Arizona
Name: Andrew
Mode of Transportation: '06 Ford Focus ZX5
Job: Student, payed internship as a level 1 helpdesk tech at American Railcar Industries.
How and when you became a Blues fan: Grew up watching them with my dad.
Favorite current Blues player: Backes and Halak
Favorite all-time Blues player: Brett Hull, Pierre Turgeon, Grant Fuhr, Brendan Shanahan, Cujo...the list goes on
Favorite active non-Blues player: Martin St. Louis (totally need him on our team...just seems fitting.)
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Patrick Roy, I guess. I don't know there are to many incredible athletes to chose from.
First Blues Game Attended: I do not remember what I do remember is it was before they tore down the old arena...what a crying shame that day was :(.

Music You Listen To: I listen Christian artists with a few exceptions. Speaking genre wise I listen to pretty much everything.
Favorite Band(s): Skillet, Red, Needtobrethe, Blindside...idk, I don't really have a favorite per se

Favorite Movie(s): Transformers, Boondock Saints, Green Street Hooligans, SLC Punk, Fight Club, and this list will get really long really quick if I keep going.
Favorite Food: I LIKE FOOD.

Favorite TV Show: Colbert Report
Hobbies: Hockey, video games, and music...i can't really play any instruments, but I like to try and I am getting better.

Welcome friend! Nice Username! ;)

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Just realized Ive never done one of these either

Name: Mike
Hometown: St. Louis, MO
Job: Banker
How and when you became a Blues fan: Been going to games with my dad and brother since I can remember
Favorite current Blues player: Petro and Berglund
Favorite all-time Blues player: Hull, MacInnis, Pronger, Stevens(short lived)
Favorite active non-Blues player: Iginla
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Stevens, Brodeur, Bure, Forsberg
First Blues Game Attended: Not sure when, I was really young but I remember we were playing Toronto at the old barn.

Music You Listen To: I like everything, mostly jamband type stuff
Favorite Band(s): STS9, Phish
Favorite Movie(s): Big Lebowski
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad, The Wire

and to Baby Got Backes, thats the best username on this board hands down

blkudlac

Jun 9, 2011
Chesterfield
Name: Ben
Birthplace: St. Louis, Mo., in St. Anthony's Medical Center on Tesson Ferry. ;)
Hometown: Chesterfield, MO
Mode of Transportation: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. Awesome car.
College Attended/Attending: Coe College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (1999-2003) Got B.A. in Physics, and then University of Missouri-Rolla (Never will call it MS&T) 2005-2007 and got a masters in Metallurgical engineering.
Job: Metallurgical engineer for U.S. Steel.
How and when you became a Blues fan: Growing up watching games with my dad. Going to games every year for my birthday, (Oct. 6th is always right around the beginning of the season).
Favorite current Blues player: Alex Pietrangelo, Patrick Berglund, T. J. Oshie, and David Backes.
Favorite all-time Blues player: Hull, MacInnis, Pronger, Stevens, Shannahan, and CuJo.
Favorite active non-Blues player: Ovechkin or Crosby, both are great.
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Mario Lemieux . I also I hate to say it, but Fedorov in his prime was outstanding.
First Blues Game Attended: Not sure when, I was really young but I remember we were playing in the old barn.
Definitive Blues Moment: May 16, 1996 in the 7th game of the Western Conference semi-finals. Steve Yzerman scored a double OT goal from seemingly 100 yard away. I was 15 at the time. I remember being completely numb.

Music You Listen To: The Ting Tings, Daft Punk, basically anything that has a good beat and doesnt involve gang related material.
Favorite Band(s): Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers, Taylor Swift, The Ting Tings, lots more, just cant name them all off the top of my head.
Favorite Movie(s): The Matrix (the first one was best), Saving Private Ryan, Slap Shot, Batman Begins
Favorite Food: Pad Thai, Lamb Korma.
Favorite TV Show: True Blood, Nurse Jackie, U.S. of Tara, Being Human, How I Met Your Mother.

Five Finger Blue

Feb 3, 2011
St. Charles
Name: Scott
Birthplace: St. Louis, Mo.
Hometown: St. Charles, MO
Mode of Transportation: Nissan Altima
College Attended/Attending: Just graduated from Pittsburg St.
Job: Still looking
How and when you became a Blues fan: Dad got my watching ever since I was a kid
Favorite current Blues player: Alex Pietrangelo, Patrick Berglund
Favorite all-time Blues player: MacInnis, Conroy, Courtnall
Favorite active non-Blues player: Watching the cup finals I would say the whole Boston team, other than that non that I can think of.
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Paul Kariya. He has been my favorite player since he joined the league.
First Blues Game Attended: Don't know for sure but the first game I can remember was against Tampa on a Saturday afternoon where Twist scored 2 goals.
Definitive Blues Moment: Yzerman's goal and Turek vs SJ. Most recently it is the playoff run 2 years ago
Music You Listen To: Mostly hard rock and metal but I do listen to a little of everything.
Favorite Band(s): Tool, Five Finger Death Punch, Ill Nino, old Korn. I could go on...
Favorite Movie(s): Good Will Hunting, American History X
Favorite Food: Italian and Mexican
Favorite TV Show: Entourage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad