Feb 8, 2010
Name: James
Sex: Male
Birthplace: Chicago, IL
Hometown: London, England
Mode of Transportation: The Tube
College Attended/Attending: Kings College London, SLU
Job: Student
How and when you became a Blues fan: Father being from STL made me a fan before I can even remember
Favorite current Blues player: Backes, Sobotka, Stewart
Favorite all-time Blues player: Sir Al
Favorite active non-Blues player: Well it was Stewart until we traded for him.. Stamkos/Stastny/Parise I suppose now, no one really sticks out
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Pavel Bure
First Blues Game Attended: Went before I can remember with my dad. First I remember was a winner against the N Stars in 92 or so
Definitive Blues Moment: Lindros running from Twister, Signing Al, Trading for Gretzky
Music You Listen To:Anything by Charles Glenn
Favorite Band(s): Dont know, some random Jazz or chillout music
Favorite Movie(s): Apocalypse Now, Halloween, Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels
Favorite Food: Indian
Favorite TV Show: X-Files

chas_ont

Apr 8, 2007
Ontario
Name: Clayton
Birthplace: Toronto, Ontario ,Canada
Hometown: Newmarket, Ontario , Canada
Mode of Transportation: 2001 Dodge Caravan
Job: hospital worker
How and when you became a Blues fan: During the 80's after my cousin Mark Reeds was drafted by and played for the Blues.
Favorite current Blues player: Halak, Chris Stewart, T. J. Oshie, and David Backes.
Favorite all-time Blues player: Hull, MacInnis,Oates,Federko, Reeds, Shannahan, and CuJo,Gilmour.
Favorite active non-Blues player: Selanne, Crosby,, Stamkos
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Theo Fleury, Hasek, Gretzky, Mario, Orr, Roy, Yzerman
First Blues Game Attended: Late 80's after Hull was with the Blues at Maple Leaf Gardens.
Definitive Blues Moment: Was at a game at MLG where the Blues had built up a nice lead and had totally taken all the Leaf fans out of the game and I was enjoying rubbing it in to them . The Leafs staged a comeback and sent the game into overtime. Not long into OT Momesso skates over the blue line and lets off a shot that goes 5 hole on Bester shutting all the Leaf fans up in a hearbeat...was so great seeing them go home stunned . lol

Favorite Band(s): Rush, Weezer, Tragically Hip, Barenaked Ladies, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Kiss
Favorite Movie(s): Any Monty Python, A Fish Called Wanda, Slap Shot, Kevin Smith movies, Star Wars trilogy, Even numbered Star Trek films,
Favorite Food: Pizza, steak, Rocky Road ice cream
Favorite TV Show: True Blood, Deadwood, Larry Sanders show, Soap, WKRP in Cinncinatti, Big bang Theory, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad,
Hobbies : collecting comics, movie buff,

erderuft

Jun 28, 2011
Borås, Sweden
Some of you might remember me as "ehijo" on other forums. Used to frequent the LGB forum and the Asylum but grew tired of all the namecalling and trolling. I will try to give some insight into our Swedish Blues prospects. I'll have limited time since I just became a dad and work alot, but I'll do my best.

Name: Marcus
Birthplace: Växjö, Sweden
Hometown: Borås, Sweden
Mode of Transportation: Volvo V50
Job: System Administrator
How and when you became a Blues fan: Early 90's, saw a game where Hull scored a hat-trick. Instant fan.
Favorite current Blues player: Patrik Berglund
Favorite all-time Blues player: Brett Hull, Al MacInnis
Favorite active non-Blues player: Steven Stamkos, Chris Pronger
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Mats Sundin. Grew up idolizing him.
First Blues Game Attended: NHL Premier in Stockholm, Sweden a few seasons back.
Definitive Blues Moment: Al MacInnis slapshot that broke Thibault's finger.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Hej Marcus,
Velcommen!
Good to see you here. I look forward to your updates from Sverige on The SEL and Allesvenskan and our prospects over there. I work in Malmö sometimes for Kalle Anka. I almost never get up to Stockholm. This is a better forum. Although we have a lot less posters and posts, the quality level is much higher, and there is no "garbage" to wade through before finding worthwhile reading.

blues38pavol

Jul 19, 2011
St. Louis
Name: Mike
Birthplace: Dover, DE
Hometown: St. Louis, MO
Mode of Transportation: 1999 Suburban
Job: Corporate Trainer
How and when you became a Blues fan: Moved to STL in 67 and discovered what the Stanley Cup was shortly there after.
Favorite current Blues player: David Backes
Favorite all-time Blues player: Hull, MacInnis, Demitra, Federko, and Fuhr.
Favorite active non-Blues player: Kopitar
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Stevie Yzerman
First Blues Game Attended: Mid-70's game against Minnesota
Definitive Blues Moment: Seeing Chopper slap one from the blueline on Chicago, breaking Jocelyn Thibault's hand and the teenage callup had to go into net and watching him literally shake with gear everytime we gained the zone.

Favorite Band(s): Santana, Yes, Allman Bros., Gov't Mule
Favorite Movie(s): Kevin Smith movies, LOTR
Favorite Food: Ceviche
Favorite TV Show: Hockey Night in Canada
Hobbies : musician, recording, vinyl

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
Name: Brendan
Sex: M
Birthplace: Alton, IL
Hometown: Lake Saint Louis/ Columbia MO
Mode of Transportation: 2002 Jeep Liberty/ 2008 Honda Fit
Job: Student at Mizzou.
How and when you became a Blues fan: Standard familial indoctrination. My aunt played hockey, so I guess I was always around hockey fans.
Favorite current Blues player: Probably Pietrangelo, but that's a toughie.
Favorite all-time Blues player: Turgeon, MacInnis or Tkachuk.
Favorite active non-Blues player: Toews, Stamkos, Datsyuk. I dunno. There's a lot of names I could put here.
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Eric Daze. I dunno why, I jsut always liked him.
Your Definitive Blues Moment: So many. I guess maybe a Blues/Wings game about 10 years ago where the benches ended up clearing after all the fights, after the refs had thrown the game Detroit's way *again* and the Blues finally showed the anger I was feeling.
First Blues Game Attended: I *think* it was 1996 against Hartford.
College Attended/Attending: Mizzou
Music You Listen To: A little bit of everything, except Rap and New Country. Also, the closer we get to Death Metal, the less I'm interested.
Favorite Band(s): Rush, Porcupine Tree, Guillemots, King Crimson
Favorite Movie(s): Almost all Pixar movies. Pulp Fiction, the dArk Knight, Fight Club, the list goes on....
Favorite Food: Thai food =D
Favorite TV Show: The X Files/ Star Trek
Hobbies/Interests:
Music: I dabble on a few instruments, but mostly I'm a drummer.
Writing: Short stories, poems, articles, blogs... you name it, I like writing.
Hockey: Duh.
Auto Racing: Not NASCAR. Indycar =D. Actually, that really used to be CART/ChampCar that I loved. But now I settle on Indycar. [/QUOTE]

ProfessorK

Jul 10, 2003
Orange County, CA
Visit site
Name: Kyle
Birthplace: St. Louis, MO
Hometown: St. Charles, MO
Current City: Laguna Hills, CA
Mode of Transportation: 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor
Job: Professor, Computer Information Systems
How and when you became a Blues fan: I watched a game on Channel 11 when I was about 4 years old with a babysitter. Thought it was so neat that people could "run on ice". Then I asked the stupid question: "What's a Blue?" At least it got a laugh...been hooked ever since!
Favorite all-time Blues player: Brett Hull, Brian Sutter
Favorite active non-Blues player: Martin St. Louis
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Clarke, Marcel Dionne
Definitive Blues Moments:
1. Mike Crombeen's OT goal that beat Pittsburgh in the first round of the 1981 playoffs. Stayed up late to hear Dan Kelly's call on KMOX that night. The roar of the crowd just blew me away!!
2. The Monday Night Miracle. Once again, the crowd reaction after Greg Paslawski's game-tying goal and Doug Wickenheiser's game-winning goal are what being a Blues fan is all about.
First Blues Game Attended: Don't remember the exact year (think it was 1975 or 1976), but I do remember the Blues beat the LA Kings (with Dionne and Rogie Vachon) 4-2 at the Arena.
College Attended/Attending: UMSL, BS in Applied Math, 1986; University of Illinois (Champaign-Urbana), MS in Math, 1988.
Music You Listen To: Almost anything 80s, Christian Contemporary, Adult Contemporary
Favorite Band(s): All-Time: Kool And The Gang, Queen, Billy Joel, and a whole bunch of one-hit wonders.
Favorite Movie(s): Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, Young Frankenstein, Jungle Book (Disney), Star Wars, ...I'm a huge movie fan, so this could go on for a long time. As for current movies, I think the best one out there right now is Super 8.
Favorite Food: Italian
Favorite TV Show: Right now, it's Royal Pains.
Hobbies: Fixing up my computer, going to movies...especially at drive-in theaters (they're still there if you can find them), helping my wife around the house, playing with my nieces and nephews, helping at my church...and watching hockey!!!

Felix09

Jan 25, 2007
Name: Félix
Birthplace: Trois-Rivières, Qc, Canada
Hometown: Trois-Rivières, Qc, Canada
College Attended/Attending: Going to Trois-Rivières University
Job: Still looking
How and when you became a Blues fan: I was a big Kariya fan and I always followed him. I decided to stick with the Blues because I really liked their prospect.
Favorite current Blues player: T.J. Oshie, David Backes
Favorite all-time Blues player: Al MacInnis
Favorite active non-Blues player: Sidney Crosby and Teemu Selanne
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Paul Kariya. Probably his biggest fan in Quebec.
First Blues Game Attended: I went in 2006 in Montreal and last season in Boston.
Definitive Blues Moment: The late season playoff push two years ago.
Favorite Movie(s): Mighty Ducks trilogy :D
Favorite TV Show: Lance et Compte (Quebec TV show about hockey and journalism)

My English is not so good because it's my second language. I've read this forum for about four years. I really look forward this season and I will try to watch the Blues as much as I can on streaming sites because in Quebec the Blues are not very popular.

Clay Squares

Oct 16, 2011
St. Louis
Name: Luke
Hometown Fenton, MO
Mode of Transportation: Chevy Silverado
College Attended/Attending: Jefco
Job: Construction Estimator
How and when you became a Blues fan: Since I can remember
Favorite current Blues player: Burglund
Favorite all-time Blues player: Al MacInnis, Curtis Joseph
Favorite active non-Blues player: Martin Brodeur
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Joe Sakic
First Blues Game Attended: I remember my father taking me to see games in the old barn but not sure of the first one.
Definitive Blues Moment: I was just a kid and my brother and I stayed up past our bed time to watch the Monday Night Miracle.
Music You Listen To: Rock, Jam Bands, and most other genres
Favorite Band(s): The Beatles, Phish, SCI,
Favorite Movie(s): The original Austin Powers
Favorite Food: Chicken Wings and a good beer
Favorite TV Show: I don't watch tv shows

Sushiko

Don’t touch my Bozak
Jul 7, 2011
PHX AZ
Name: Who Cares
Sex: Female
Hometown: Springfield, MO
Mode of Transportation: Mazda (it was free, why not)
College Attended/Attending: UMUC
Job: Unemployed
How and when you became a Blues fan: 1999 when I saw a sign in St. Louis that asked if I bled blue. I thought wtf is that about... once I figured it out the rest was history LOL.
Favorite current Blues player: Nichol, Shattenkirk
Favorite all-time Blues player: MacInnis, Weight
Favorite active non-Blues player: Martin St. Louis, Pekke Rinne, Joel Ward
First Blues Game Attended: Away game at Dallas
Music You Listen To: Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Alternative, Reggae
Favorite Movie(s): Anything with raunchy humor
Favorite Food: Peanut Butter
TV show: Walking Dead
Hobbies: NHL, MLB, traveling, dogs

I'm mostly a lurker, I would post once in awhile on the board on the Blues site but it closed. So I'll check-in here once in awhile, I like to read what others are saying about the team. No one is obsessed with hockey enough to satisfy my need for NHL all the time so I have to resort to the internet, ha ha.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Name: Dylan
Hometown St. Louis, MO
Mode of Transportation: Dodge Neon
College Attended/Attending: Ranken Technical College
Job: Computer Technician
How and when you became a Blues fan: Since I can remember
Favorite current Blues player: David Backes, Matt D'Agostini
Favorite all-time Blues player: Pierre Turgeon, Barclay and Bobby Plager
Favorite active non-Blues player: Marty St. Louis, Matt Duchene, Joe Pavelski
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Super Mario
First Blues Game Attended: I remember going to a game for my birthday where we beat the Canucks by a ridiculous score of like 9-0
Definitive Blues Moment: For me, it's the epic 5-0 3rd period comeback against the Toronto Maple Leafs. I still miss Ken Wilson's OH BABY
Music You Listen To: Alternative, Pop, Rock
Favorite Band(s): Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin
Favorite Movie(s): Big on the Superheroes. First two Spideys and TDK stand out
Favorite Food: Can't top a good burger and fries for me
Favorite TV Show: Almost anything on USA. Burn Notice, White Collar, Pysch, Covert Affairs, Suits

I've read this forums for a couple months, just was a little afraid of getting schooled lol. Consider myself pretty knowledgeable about the Blues, little less so about the rest of the league. I post at STLToday, but the amount of overreacting and name calling gets to be pretty annoying so I came here

Vanisher

Feb 26, 2009
China
Name: K
Hometown Guangzhou, China
Mode of Transportation: Foot/subway
College Attended/Attending:
Job: French Teacher
How and when you became a Blues fan: Around 2000, through nhl video game played in St Louis
Favorite current Blues player: David Backes
Favorite all-time Blues player: Chris Pronger
Favorite active non-Blues player: Vincent Lecavalier
Favorite all-time non-Blues player:
First Blues Game Attended: never
Definitive Blues Moment: can't remember.
Music You Listen To: All
Favorite Band(s): Metallica
Favorite Movie(s): the godfather
Favorite Food: dim sum
Favorite TV Show: none

SoulChaser17

Dec 17, 2011
St. Louis
Name: Andrew
Hometown: St. Louis
Transportation: 1998 Grand Prix (Silver)
How and when you became a Blues fan: Born and raised in St. Louis, hockey is the only sport I really love.
Favorite current Blues player: T.J. Oshie
Favorite active non-Blues player: Henrik Lundqvist
First Blues game attended: Can't remember, I was young but I know I was with my dad and sister and it was fun as always.
Music you listen to: All kinds, except Country.
Favorite Band(s): Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, Offspring, Muse, Bon Jovi, various others.
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, Fight Club, The Dark Knight, Watchmen, Aladdin... so many. Miracle is the best sports movie I've ever seen.
Favorite food: Italian, especially Lasagna.
Favorite TV Show: Scrubs, Community, Parks and Recreation.

I've always loved hockey, but I just recently became a really active fan. So I'm still learning a lot, but I'm learning quick. And it's really awesome to finally be more involved.

Last edited:

Chicago Blues

Dec 27, 2011
Chicago
Hey everyone, this is my first post. Former hockey junkie getting back into the sport bit by bit. Posting on message boards has to be step, what, 11 of 12 on the road to full blown addict right?

Name: Brandon
Birthplace: Litchfield, IL
Hometown: A small town in Macoupin County, IL
Current Town: Chicago (I have mixed feelnigs about it)
Mode of Transportation: Honnda Civc (2006?)
Job: Student (Law)

How and when you became a Blues fan: Started watching games on KPLR 11 at age 4. Loved it. Eventually my dad showed me the tape of the Doug Wickenheiser (sp?) "Monday Night Miracle Game against Calgary and I was sold. My fav player when I was litted was "Red Hole" - I'm not kidding. I was 6 when I found I out I was mispronouncing it.

Favorite Current Blues Player: TJ Oshie
Favorite All-Time Blues Player: Brett Hull

Favorite Active NON Blues Player: Toews. I live in Chicago, I apologize, I just think he's awesome.
Favorite All-Time NON Blues Player: Pavel Bure

Your Definitive Blues Moment: Losing to San Jose after winning the President's Trophy. Or seeing game 3 of what was eventually a playoff sweep of the Hawks (the one where where Belfour broke his stick on the crossbar afterwards)

First Blues Game Attended: March 10, 1990. 2-2 tie against the Hawks, Paul Cavlinni had both StL goals.

Music You Listen To: Everything. Classic Rock, folk, hip hop, indie, pop, oldies, really oldies, blues, jazz, seriously everything
Favorite Band(s): Bob Dylan, Beatles
Favorite Movie(s): Apocalypse Now, 40 Year Old Virgin, Rear Window
Favorite Food: Mexican
Favorite TV Show: Mad Men & 30 Rock
Hobbies: Obsessed with the news and being informed, hockey, nba, and reading law books until I go blind, mini obsession with economics though I know little about it

diehardbluesfan

Mar 8, 2011
Name: Brendan
Birthplace: Belleville, IL
Hometown: Freeburg, IL
Mode of Transportation: 2001 Pontiac Grand Am
Job: Pizza World/Student
How and when you became a Blues fan: Dad was a diehard so I've been a diehard since about two or three years old, watching Fuhr and Cujo briefly until Keenan screwed this franchise over, plus Hully, the great one, etc.
Favorite Current Blues Player: Oshie or Halak. Don't really hate or dislike any player now.
Favorite Blues Player All-Time? Brendan Shanahan (named after him) or CuJo
Favorite NON Blues Player: Don't really have a favorite outside of the Blues.
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Going to the playoff games early in the 2000's and yelling Bellll fouuurrr with my dad, also going to the Conf. Finals against the Avs, was at Hull's #500 goal game.
First Blues Game Attended: Don't recall off the top of my head, but I had to only be 3 or 4 probably.
College Attended/Attending: Broadcast Center
Music You Listen To: A little bit of everything, mainly country last couple months though.
Favorite Band(s): Jason Aldean, Nickelback
Favorite Movie(s): Slap shot, Miracle, Friday Night Lights.
Favorite Food: Crab legs, pasta, not a picky eater at all.
Favorite TV Show: HBO 24/7 currently, forensic shows, not a big TV guy.
Hobbies: Anything hockey related, played for 16 years so playing or watching sports in general, calling games, just hanging out with the friends and girlfriend.

h22prelude93

Jan 27, 2010
St.Louis, Mo
Name: Mike V.
Birthplace: St.Louis, Mo
Hometown: St.Louis, Mo
Mode of Transportation: 1999 BMW M3/ 92 Eagle Talon Tsi
College Attended/Attending: Meramec Community College
Job: Currently Unemployed
How and when you became a Blues fan: My Grandma actually dated a Blues player(Ted Harris) back in the 70's so I always heard fascinating stories about hockey while growing up, and then finally in 96' when Gretzky joined the Blues my Dad bought me front row tickets and I got to see him and Hully play live and in person.
Favorite current Blues player: Alex Pietrangelo/David Perron
Favorite all-time Blues player: Geoff Courtnall
Favorite active non-Blues player: Jarome Iginla
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Bobby Orr
First Blues Game Attended: 96 w/Hull and "The Great One"(Not sure of the date or opponent as I was only 9 years old)
Definitive Blues Moment: Perron undressing the New York Islanders and scoring a beauty back in 09'. Easily the best goal I've ever seen in person.
Music You Listen To: Mostly Alternative/70's Rock, but I'm open to pretty much anything.
Favorite Band(s): Cage the Elephant, Bush, Nirvana, Jimmi Henrix, The Doors, Led Zeppelin
Favorite Movie(s): The Crow, Dark Knight, Donnie Darko, Any Bruce Lee Movie, 80's Horror Flicks, Last Action Hero, Any Chris Farley Movies, Seven, Forrest Gump, Fight Club, Etc and so on....I'm kind of a movie buff. ;)
Favorite Food: Thai(Pad Thai), Indian(Chicken Tikka Masala), Sushi(California Roll), Monte Bello Pizzeria, and Pappy's Smokehouse
Favorite TV Show: Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Louie, Seinfeld
Hobbies: I've played Roller Hockey since I was six years old, and Ice since I was fourteen so I like to play pick-up games now whenever I possibly can. Besides hockey anything outdoorsy really. I love hiking, climbing, camping, fishing, swimming, canoeing, riding dirtbikes, and my absolute favorite spring hobby now is hunting for delicious Morel Mushrooms. Also I like working on cars, and plan getting my motorcycles license this Spring.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Hello. Nice to meet you all. I'm a long-time lurker, although I've posted a fair bit at the Asylum (same name as here).

Name: Jeremy.
Sex: Male.
Birthplace: St. Louis, Missouri.
Hometown: Florissant, Missouri.
Mode of transportation: Um...public?
College attended/Attending: None.
Job: Currently a volunteer caterer.
How and when you became a Blues fan: Man, it was a fun night. I was five years old, and my dad decided to take me to my first game. We were playing the Avalanche, and I was just totally into the game. Never mind the fact that I occassionally forgot which number Chris Pronger wore; never mind the fact that we lost that game (and every other Blues/Avalanche game I've attended. Note to self: never go to games where we play the Avs.) I had an absolute blast. I was hooked on sports. This is the first sporting event I can remember going to, and I was a Blues fan from that moment on.
Favorite current Blues player: Aw, do I have to choose? Well, if you insist...Roman Polak. I just love the way he plays defense; you need those guys to win a Cup.
Favorite all-time Blues player: Again? My favorite Blues player of all time is probably...Al MacInnis. Best shot in the league by far. Not even Chara or Weber come close.
Favorite active non-Blues player: I just don't know. I was going to say Teemu Selanne or Saku Koivu, but I also have a ton of respect for Nic Lidstrom. I'll go with Lidstrom. I know you'll kill me for this, but I can't criticize the way he plays the game.
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Pavel Bure, and it's not even close. One of the most exciting players in hockey ever.
First Blues game attended: 1996 at home against the Colorado Avalanche. I know that we lost that game (they scored four against us; I believe we scored two).
Your definitive Blues moment: Hmm...well, that game against Columbus where Oshie hit Nash again works. I intensely dislike Columbus...
Music you listen to: I'm fond of heavy metal, rap, alternative rock, and maybe a slight touch of reggae. Nothing else really interests me.
Favorite bands: I'm not a fan of particular bands or rappers, but I do have respect for guys like Guns N' Roses, AC-DC, Nirvana, Bob Marley, The Beastie Boys, 2Pac, The Notorious B.I.G., and Mastodon.
Favorite Movies: Sherlock Holmes (both of them), Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Shutter Island, Blood Diamond, Alien, Predator, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Favorite Food: Anything that's barbeque.
Favorite T.V. Show: NCIS and Red vs. Blue (even though the latter is more of an Internet show than a T.V. show).
Hobbies: The thing that I really love to do is write fiction. I write pretty much every day. I also like to read, hike, watch and play sports (although hockey is pretty tough; I'm a poor skater), play video games, and basically spend time with my family.

Jeffrey99

Sep 17, 2007
Columbus, IN
Name: Jeffrey
Birthplace: Columbus, IN
Hometown: Franklin, IN
Mode of Transportation: 2006 Toyota Prius / 2006 Harley Davidson Vrod
Job: CNC Programmer
How and when you became a Blues fan: Started watching the Blues this year. Been a fan of hockey for about 10 years. Been a fan of the Blue Jackets the during that time, since they are the closest team to my house (Columbus 194miles, STL 247miles). However the NHL considers my local teams to be Chicago and St Louis. So would always have to buy NHL Center Ice to watch the Jackets. After 10 years of crap, I've given up on the Jackets and decided to save money and root for the Blues. LOL
Favorite Blues Player: TJ Oshie & Brian Elliott
Favorite NON Blues Player: Jared Boll
Your Definitive Blues Moment: None, yet.
First Blues Game Attended: None, yet. LOL Thought about going to a Jackets/Blues game in Columbus.
College Attended/Attending: none
Music You Listen To: Everything from Metal to Pop
Favorite Band(s): The Script, For Today, Five Finger Death Punch, Taylor Swift, Shinedown. LOL Nice mix there.
Favorite Movie(s): Karate Kid, Miracle
Favorite Food: Cheeseburgers and Fries. Favorite is 5 Guys, would eat that everyday.
Favorite TV Show: Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, Shipping Wars, The Big Bang Theory.
Hobbies: Video Games, Hockey, Reading, Playing drums.

catchthecarp

Dec 3, 2011
Might as well make my first post here.....

Name: I'm a name nomad online
Birthplace: East St. Louis, IL
Hometown: Hazelwood, MO
Mode of Transportation: 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged
Job: Yes, not independently wealthy at this time.
How and when you became a Blues fan: Started following Blues hockey in 1970. The Berenson/Unger trade ignited my interest.
Favorite current Blues player: Pietrangelo
Favorite all-time Blues player: Scott Stevens, the Shanahan signing fiasco still breaks my heart.
Favorite active non-Blues player: Ovechkin
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Peter Forsberg
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Brawl in Philly, January 1972. What a game.
First Blues Game Attended: 1972 - Minnesota North Stars.
Music You Listen To: All rock genres, power pop.
Favorite Band(s): Steely Dan, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The Beatles. Music buff, too many to list.
Favorite Movie(s): Chinatown, Once Upon a Time in the West. Movie buff, too many to list.
Favorite Food: Anything that lives in water and red meat.
Favorite TV Show: Currently, Storage Wars, The First 48. All Time- The Wire, The Sopranos, Deadwood and Three Stooges shorts.
Hobbies: Avid reader of WWII history, audio gear, listening/collecting music, bowling, disc golf, fishing, muscle cars, watching movies and sports.

rgree23

Feb 21, 2012
Name: Robert
Birthplace: Kirkwood, MO
Hometown: Kirkwood, MO
Mode of Transportation: 1997 Toyota Corolla
Job: NA
How and when you became a Blues fan: Father is a huge Blues fan, and although I wasn't a big sports fan until I was 10, I've come around and am now a die-hard Blues fan.
Favorite Current Blues Player: Shattenkirk and Perron
Favorite Blues Player All-Time? Al Macinnis
Favorite NON Blues Player: Zach Parise, Bobby Ryan, and Ilya Kovalchuck
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Going to Blues games with my dad and just having a blast with him.
First Blues Game Attended: Against the Blackhawks when I was one.
College Attended/Attending: Louisiana State University
Music You Listen To: Everything, except some rap
Favorite Band(s): MUSE
Favorite Movie(s): Miracle, V for Vendetta, The Prestige, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, and many others
Favorite Food: I'll eat just about anything
Favorite TV Show: The Office, The Firm, and How I Met Your Mother
Hobbies: Anything Sports, or competition oriented, hanging out with friends, spending time with family.

STLBLUES070

Feb 23, 2012
Name: Ryan
Birthplace: Riverside, CA
Hometown: Henderson/Las Vegas, NV
Mode of Transportation: 2009 Ford Ranger
College Attending: DeVry University
Job: Full time student
How and when you became a Blues fan: Lived in STL when I was 5 for about 3 years and my Dad (RIP) got me really into the Blues and the Cards. Been a hardcore fan since.
Favorite current Blues players: Pietrangelo, Steen, and Backes
Favorite all-time Blues players: Hull, Macinnis, and Big Walt
Favorite active non-Blues players: Iginla and Stamkos
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Stevie-Y
Definitive Blues Moment: Putting up 10 goals against the Wings a few years ago
Favorite Band(s): Sevendust, Killswitch Engage, Metallica, 10 Years
Favorite Movie: Wanye's World
Favorite TV Show: Castle, Burn Notice, SNL

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Name: HD
Birthplace: Montreal,QC
Mode of Transportation: 2007 Chrysler 300c
College Attending: Ahuntsic
Job: Full time student
How and when you became a Blues fan: When Montreal traded Jaroslav Halak
Favorite current Blues players: Halak,D'agostini
Favorite all-time Blues players: Hull, Gretzky
Favorite active non-Blues players: Saku Koivu
Definitive Blues Moment: I don't have one yet but probably this year when we win the cup
Favorite TV Show: Simpsons

yellowblackandblue

Jan 10, 2012
Arnhem
Name: Bas
Birthplace: **megen
Hometown: Arnhem, Netherlands
Mode of Transportation: public, bike, foot
College Attending: who cares; no one can relate.
Job: organising after-school-activities for kids
How and when you became a Blues fan: During the lockout, taking the Blues as my team to manage in NHL 2005 and from there it built.
Favorite current Blues players: Sobotka, Oshie, Elliott, Halak
Favorite all-time Blues players: McClement
Favorite active non-Blues players: none
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: none
Definitive Blues Moment: watching 'em (win vs Wings) live in Stockholm
Favorite Band(s): a lot
Favorite Movie: even more
Favorite TV Show: VI, Keuringsdienst van Waarden

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Hoi Yellow Black and Blue! Glad to see you finally made it over here! You'll like it a lot. Lots of knowledge on this site. People are serious about their hockey here. Geniet ervan!

econoar

Nov 23, 2006
Name: Eric
Birthplace: St. Louis, MO
Hometown: Boston, MA
Mode of Transportation: Train/Subway
Job: Finance
How and when you became a Blues fan: Born in STL. My dad was a huge fan and I'd listen to games on my radio while going to bed starting at the age of 3. Been a diehard every since.
Favorite current Blues players: Oshie, Backes, Berglund
Favorite all-time Blues players: Pronger, Al Mac, Hull
Favorite active non-Blues players: Jagr
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Jagr
Definitive Blues Moment: Winning the President's Trophy in '99
Favorite Band(s): RHCP, O.A.R., Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon
Favorite Movie: Big Lebowski, Donnie Darko, Prestige
Favorite TV Show: Lost, How I Met Your Mother, Seinfeld

Long time lurker and life time Blues fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad