Rural Metro East IL
Name: Jayson
Sex: M
Progeny: Two daughters and one son
Birthplace: Jerseyville, IL
Hometown: Jerseyville, IL
Mode of Transportation: 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix, 2000 Ford Windstar
Job: Probation Officer
How and when you became a Blues fan: Well my earliest memory of hockey was watching the Blues on TV with my older cousin. He then tied pillows to my legs, put a goalie mask on my face that was way too big and handed me a goalie stick. As he shot tennis balls and rolled up socks at me it ocurred to me that I didn't much care for hockey. Later I followed the Blues to see what the fuss was over some kid named Brett Hull that my friends were raving about.
Favorite current Blues player: Stempy... really though it is hard to pick just one.
Favorite all-time Blues player: Hull... Shanny is a very close second with Pronger and Chopper bringing up the rear.
Favorite active non-Blues player: Shanahan
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Bobby Orr
Definitive Blues Moment: 1) WC finals vs Avalanche, I was at the game and watched those bums score in OT to go to the Cup Finals. I wanted to puke. 2) Gretzky's first game at home in the Note. MY Gawd that place was loud, my ears are still ringing. Then he walks away after we're eliminated AGAIN. Any respect I had left for Keenan walked away with the Great One.
First Blues Game Attended: My first game was vs the Tampa Bay Lightning in 1993 where Vitali Prokhorov scored two goals and the Blues won 7-4.
College Attended/Attending: Southern Illinois University BA'95. That's in Carbondale btw. Hey Irish, where did you live? I lived on the Point in Abbott Hall.
Music You Listen To: Depends on my mood, usually rock, metal or classic rock.
Favorite Band(s): Bad Company, Van Halen, Metallica, U2, Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine
Favorite Movie(s): Any great Sci-Fi (Star Wars, Blade Runner, Dune), Fantasy (Lord of the Rings, Conan, The Chronicles of Narnia), Historical (Flags of Our Fathers, Braveheart, Gladiator), Western (Tombstone, Open Range, Dances With Wolves, Unforgiven), Crime Drama (The Departed, Heat), Adventure (Indiana Jones, The Road Warrior, King Kong) or Comic Book (Superman Returns, 300, Batman Begins) movie is what I'm up for. No Chick Flicks!
Favorite Food: Sushi (on the rare instance I can get it) or a nice Steak, medium rare. A Jimmie Johns Sub is great too.
Favorite TV Show(s): Well, I watch alot of TV (TiVO rules!) but I guess my top five are: Fringe, Heroes, LOST, The Daily Show and 30 Rock. Really though this is just a fraction of what I watch... Is that sad?
Hobbies: Tinkering with power tools and pretending I'm a carpenter/handyman/Mr. Fixit. RPG's with the same friends since 1984. Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books (comics and novels, although I've pretty well quit reading comics). Surfing the web for hockey, movie and tv genre news and political stuff.

Last edited:

LA Blue

Sep 24, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
Name: Matt
Birthplace: St. Louis, MO
Hometown: currently in Hollywood, CA
Mode of Transportation: 2000 Chevy Lumina
Job: Actor/Roustabout
How and when you became a Blues fan: My older brother got me into them, but most of the credit goes to the EA NHL Hockey and Brett Hull.
All-Time: MacInnis
Favorite NON Blues Player: Martin Brodeur
Retired: Mario Lemieux
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Yeah...the Yzerman heartbreaker as well.
First Blues Game Attended: I can't remember, but I know the first hockey game in St. Louis I attended was when the Olympic trials were in town and I saw USA play someone at the Arena.
College Attended/Attending: Loyola Marymount, class of 2003
Music You Listen To: hip hop, classic rock, modern rock, jazz, blues...just about everything.
Favorite Band(s): Too many to name but I'll say Led Zeppelin.
Favorite Movie(s): The Big Lebowski, Usual Suspects, Empire Strikes Back...
Favorite Food: Korean BBQ
Favorite TV Show: right now it's Rescue Me
Hobbies: If I'm not working I'm playing goal for pick-up, at the gym or I'm staring at my computer aimlessly.

DaBo

Jul 16, 2002
Du Bois, Illinois
Visit site
Name: Dale, but anyone who knows me, knows me as Bo
Birthplace: Pinckneyville, IL
Hometown: Du Bois, IL
Mode of Transportation: 1996 Olds Cutlass Supreme
Job: Professional Drug Runner (i.e. I deliver to Walgreens stores)
How and when you became a Blues fan:
Favorite Blues Player: current? Soon to be, Eric Johnson
All-Time? Al MacInnis
Favorite NON Blues Player: active? Joe Sakic, nothing but class
Retired? Steve Yzerman, see Joe Sakic
Your Definitive Blues Moment: The Monday Night Miracle
College Attended/Attending: Kaskaskia Community College :shakehead
Music You Listen To: Whatever comes in on the radio
Favorite Band(s): Matchbox 20, Maroon 5
Favorite Movie(s): Debbie does....ummm, Roadhouse, Twister, Slap Shot
Favorite Food: Anything my lovely wife will make for me :D
Favorite TV Show: Ghosthunters, MythBusters
Hobbies: Pretty much an online game called 'Guild Wars' is all the fun I have.....oh, and I guess I should add my wife as a hobby I do....too. :naughty:

mmitchell19

Apr 11, 2007
Ellisville, MO
Name: Dale, but anyone who knows me, knows me as Bo

Favorite Food: Anything my lovely wife will make for me :D

Hobbies: Pretty much an online game called 'Guild Wars' is all the fun I have.....oh, and I guess I should add my wife as a hobby I do....too. :naughty:

Unless you swear on whatever you believe to be holy that you have no kids, I'm calling you a flat-out liar. Either that, or you've found the perfect woman. ;)

Twister18

Name: Steve
Hometown: Charleston, IL
Mode of Transportation: 2005 Pathfinder
Job: Student (was an asst manager in retail for 15 years)
How and when you became a Blues fan: Watching the Blues game in 90-91 that featured the Mansen-Stevens bout and it got me.
Favorite Blues Player: DJ King
All-Time? Tony Twist
Favorite NON Blues Player: Eric Staal
All-Time? Wendel Clark
Your Definitive Blues Moment: My first Playoff game against the Sharks that Mellanby rang Suters bell. Talk about intense!
First Blues Game Attended:My first date with my future wife, which featured the Blues-Lightning in 1993.
College Attended/Attending: SIUC, EIU
Music You Listen To: Classic rock, Heavy metal, Blues
Favorite Band(s): Rush, Scorpions, AC/DC, GNR
Favorite Movie(s): Too many to name but top 5 is: Twister, Jurassic Park, Snatch, Pulp Fiction, and Das Boot.
Favorite Teams: Blues, AZ Cards, Illini, St. Louis Cards, 76ers.
Favorite Food: Steak and Pizza
Favorite TV Show:Ghosthunters, Survivor, Ultimate Fighter, and others.
Hobbies: MMA, watching/playing sports, computers, playing with my 5 and 2 year old sons.

milieu bluez

Jul 22, 2004
1st shift (Finally)
Name: Jon
Sex: Bull
Birthplace: Oxnard, Ca
Hometown: Quincy, Il
Mode of transportation: 98 honda civic
Job: Pediatric RN, Army National Guard Medic, Squad Leader and NCOIC of surgical treatment tent.
How and when i became a Blues fan: 1993 moved to Missouri, had already been a huge La Kings fan, adopted the Blues who would over throw the Kings as my favorite team. Although the Kings still hold a special place in my heart.
Favorite Blues Player: Jay Mclement (Dallas Drake) Oshie is my favorite to be.
All Time: Al MacInnis
Favorite non Blues player: Chris Pronger/Rob Blake
All Time: Rob Blake
Your defenitive blues moment: meeting Al MacInnis
First Game attended: 1992 Attended a game in LA, was amazed at Butt Hull's skill level. Kings won 5-2 I believe.
College: JWCC
Music I listen to: alt/rock, techno, classic rock, raggae, ska, and heavy metal
Favorite bands: Bayside, Digitalism, NIN, Led Zepplin, Sublime and Alice n Chains
Favorite Movies: Starwars, Pulp Fiction, 5th Element, Clerks, Fight Club, and Army of Darkness
Favorite Teams: Blues, Kings, Cardinals, A's, Spain (soccer), Vikings, Minn and UND College Hockey (I know)
Favorite food: Seafood, mexican, and Cantanees(?)
Favorte TV show: Rome, Lost, Big Love, MXC, Mythbusters, Digging for the Truth, Deadliest catch, Surivior mand , and Man vs Wild (was crock hunter) All Sting Rays must die!
Hobbies: Fantasy Hockey, Softball, Soccer, playing with my kids, paintball, poker, golfing, and drinking games (the bar just isn't as fun anymore).

Blueski

Jun 26, 2002
Southern Illinois
Visit site
Actually, we have 3 beautiful children, and Blueski and IB can vouch for me finding the perfect woman. :yo:

BTW, she'll appreciate the compliment.

Oh I will vouch for the 3 sometimes beautiful children ;) And I guess she is perfect...although since she doesn't read these with you, I think I am safe to say that...lol :D

And I thought she would be considered MY hobby since, well.....um....:naughty:

BTW...I have known his beautiful wife for as long as I have known him (almost 17 years now) and she is a wonderful, gorgeous woman. She has to be wonderful to put up with him....lol (she will like the gorgeous part too :D)

bluebleeder38

Feb 8, 2003
The S.T.L.
Visit site
Name: Phil
Birthplace: St. Charles, MO
Hometown: St. Charles, MO
Mode of Transportation: 2002 Explorer
Job: Student, accounting major, 4th year @ Mizzou
How and when you became a Blues fan: I became a fan around 1990 thanks to my die-hard-Blues-fan parents...I remember games against the North Stars, and Vince Riendeau and Scott Stevens suiting up for the Blues.
Favorite Blues Player: Lee Stempniak
All-Time? Brett Hull and Garth Butcher
Favorite NON Blues Player: Sidney Crosby or Joe Sakic
All-Time? Joe Sakic
Your Definitive Blues Moment: first real playoff memories were the '91 Detroit games, and then after that the CuJo/Cheveldae fight and the sweep of Chicago in '93.
First Blues Game Attended: I went to lots of games as a baby and toddler that I don't remember, so probably some game around 1987. I got my picture taken with Doug Gilmour after a game when I was like 1 year old.
College Attended/Attending: Mizzou
Music You Listen To: Classic rock
Favorite Band(s): U2, Beatles, Genesis, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Seger, CCR, Oasis
Favorite Movie(s): Top 5: Fletch, Home Alone, Batman, Ace Ventura, Back to the Future
Favorite Teams: Blues, MU Tigers, Penguins, Sabres, Cardinals, Blue Jays, Rams, Bengals, Chargers, USC
Favorite Food: Spaghetti, all Italian
Favorite TV Show:hockey games, Entourage, Arrested Development, Law and Order
Hobbies: sports, reading, music, movies, a lot of stuff I can't think of right now

Toothless Goons

Nov 21, 2006
Name: Dan
Hometown: Northern Virgina
Mode of Transportation: 2011 Challenger SRT8
Job: Army Acquisitions
How and when you became a Blues fan: Channel 30, on the old black and white Zenith (1980), with aluminum foil ears going out the window for reception. I remember Greg Millen (Penguins) absolutely standing on his head in the playoffs (OT game). I remember beer brawls at the old Checkerdome/Arena, fights in the stands with Black Hawk fans, and drunks literally stumbling down whole flights of steps, completely wiping out, yet somehow retaining their steady beer hand. 5th row at the Monday Night Miracle - unbelievably awesome!! Never seen and felt the electric emotions from 19K fans, as I did that night.:yo:
Favorite current Blues player: Reaves
Favorite all-time Blues player: Tony Twist
Favorite active non-Blues player:
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Sakic
Definitive Blues Moment: 1) Monday Night Miracle. 2) Yzerman's slapshot in playoffs.
First Blues Game Attended: My first game was vs the Penguins 1980 Playoffs (Millen OT game)
College Attended/Attending: Colorado State University (BS Geology 1999).
Music You Listen To: Just about anything except trash rap and country
Favorite Band(s): Old Metallica, Floyd, Zeppelin, NIN, Enigma, Beastie Boys
Favorite Movie(s): Too many to list. Some of the top ones: LoTR, Star Wars, Godfather, Old School, Bourne Series, Napoleon Dynamite
Favorite Food: White Castle cheeseburger.
Favorite TV Show(s): Old Dr Who, 3 Stooges, 24, Sopranos, Game of Thrones
Hobbies: Buying/Selling/Driving/Working on muscle cars.

Last edited:

NDBluesFan

Aug 24, 2007
Name: Bart
Birthplace: Elmhurst, IL
Hometown: Grand Forks, ND
Mode of Transportation: 2002 GMC Sierra
Job: Office Manager
How and when you became a Blues fan: Brothers took me to a game in '85 in the Checker dome. Blues scored a goal and I thought I had just lost my hearing forever it was so loud. Was never at a sporting event where the fans were so passionate.
Favorite current Blues player: Barrett Jackman
Favorite all-time Blues player: Tony Twist
Favorite active non-Blues player: Alexander Ovechkin
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Joe Sakic
Definitive Blues Moment: See above and the Yzerman goal. To this day, it makes me sick to my stomach!
First Blues Game Attended: See above. So new to hockey that I don't remember any of the teams the Blues played against, just remember that at the old Checker dome, we could go to the games anytime we wanted for only $10 and get decent seats.
Music You Listen To: Almost anything but Hip/Hop/Rap.
Favorite Band(s): AC/DC,Toby Keith, Zepplin, and GNR
Favorite Movie(s): Slapshot, LOTR, Star Wars, Anchorman
Favorite Food: My wife's mashed potatos:yo:
Favorite TV Show: Family Guy, Futurama, Law&Order CI
Hobbies: Watching/talking hockey, hunting, fishing, reading

HockeyHippie

Feb 24, 2007
Denver, CO
Howdy kids,

Long time no chat. I've been lurking here for years, used different names on various Blues forums (MileHiBluesFan was one). Time to touch base with all the peeps. :) Brian and I met years ago in a Blues email group. I too am a big believer at building through draft, so always enjoyed his thoughts on prospects. OK, here we go....

Name: Paul

Age: 41 (holy crap, I still feel 21....err, 29....OK 30 tops.)

Sex: as much as possible

Birthplace: Pierre, SD

Hometown: Belleville, Ill.

Mode of Transportation: 2006 Ford Escape, 1997 Volks Jetta (currently looking to trade the VW in. Want a VW Westfalia Bus :))

Job: Locomotive Engineer. Yes, like Casey Jones. Hence the Screen Name.....

How and when you became a Blues fan: See dude above. Same thing pretty much. A SIUE fraternity brother was a big fan and took me to my first game in 1985. My dad was in the Air Force and had been stationed all over the south--so the only ice I had ever seen was in my tea! :) The Monday Night Miracle sealed the deal in a big way in 86.. Been addicted/cursed ever since.

Favorite current Blues player: Hmmm... I've always liked the 4th line "character guys." Loved the Meagher/Lowry checking line a few years back. Would have to say Kariya or Erik Johnson now that Al has moved on. I was a Pronger guy, even though he's a jerk. Not a big Tkachuk fan, especially since we lost Handzus and Nagy in the deal.

Favorite all-time Blues player: Brian Sutter, Joe Mullen, Doug Gilmour, Shanny. Sorry, tough to choose. I think I cried the day Lame-orello stole Scott Stevens. Always liked Geoff Courtnall's game. My lovely wife, bless her soul, was a huge Gary Unger fan. Some dude mentioned Jeff Brown earlier. He was nice enough to get me a autographed hat from the entire team in the late 80's for my birthday (his girlfriend worked for my girlfriend). He played like my girlfriend though--and was terrified to get hit in the face. Oh and I will forever hate Keenan for what he did to my beloved organ-I-zation.

Favorite active non-Blues player: Joe Sakic. Period. Living here in Denver I've been lucky enough to get to know him (his son played on my son's baseball team.) and my wife has dealt with Joe and his wife through various charities she has helped with. They are both pure class. He and I were talking about the Conference Finals a few years back with Turek in net. He said the Avs were watching the Blues series with Dallas and were shocked at how well Turek played. But then he said "But with Turek he was either really good or r-e-a-l-l-y bad." I said, "if I remember correctly Joe, you had a little something to do with Turek looking so incredibly pathetic that series." He just smiled.

Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Joe Sakic and Cam Neely. I had my wife talked into naming our first born Cameron, but we changed to Ian (hello Ian Cole :) ) at last minute. Named after Laperriere. Seriously. #2 son named Jack after Buck and Clark. Go Cards.

Definitive Blues Moment: Yzerman goal in '96 (I was sitting on a train listening via radio) and the Monday Night Miracle. I was actually on a date and had gone to pick the girl up. Sat down with her dad and started watching during 2nd period. Didn't leave until game was over. :) Dad and I became decent friends, girl and I never went out again.

First Blues Game Attended: 1985. Can't remember opponent. I too remember the old Checkerdome, driving over last minute in a blizzard and sitting anywhere we wanted for pennies.

Music You Listen To: Americana (whatever the hell that is--alternative country, etc.), Adult Alternative, Bluegrass, Jam Bands. Hell I'll try anything.

Favorite Band(s): Wilco (Jeff Tweedy a Belleville boy too.) Noticed we have another Wilco fan here in the group. I went to see them last night here in Denver and my wife is there tonight. Also Uncle Tupelo (precursor to Wilco), Grateful Dead, Numerous Jam Bands, REM, The Killers, Shins, Modest Mouse, Springsteen, Dylan, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Rage Against the Machine, Son Volt, and of course FLOYD. :)

Favorite Movie(s): Slapshot, 40 Year Old Virgin, Mystery Alaska. Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, probably more I can't think of now due to cans of Guinness next to laptop. I admit I really like "A League of Their Own". Hanks was fantastic and Gina Davis could ball a little....

Favorite Food: see above. Guinness is food, right?? :)

Favorite TV Show: Really don't watch a lot of TV anymore. Baseball, hockey and Sportscenter. I try to watch every University of Denver (Mark Rycroft :) ) hockey game either live or on TV. I really like the Nightly Business Report on PBS. Simpsons (still), South Park of course. Was into 24 but that series has jumped the shark.

Favorite Teams: Blues, Cards, Broncos, Nuggets, Univ of Denver hockey. Best value out there.

Hobbies: Mtn biking, reading, hockey, hiking, camping, helping with my son's baseball team, music, video games, specifically sports sims. I have played or owned every single EA Sports hockey game franchise since it's inception in early 90's. Really looking forward to NHL 08 on Sept 12.

*whew* guess that's it! You know, from reading many of the other "bios" here, I would really get along with a bunch of you all.

Also, might have room in a Yahoo fantasy non-keeper league if anyone needs yet another distraction. :)

Take care all......

Last edited:

Brother Blues

Sep 5, 2007
O'Fallon, IL
New member, another long time lurker

Just signed up. Been watching HF for, I can't remember how long now. Impressed with this forum enough that I'd join. As a novice I'll hold off on my opinions till I'm sure I'm posting correctly. Anyway here's the info.

Name: Tom

Sex: Male

Birthplace: Paso Rhobles, CA (misleading in that my parents moved back to ESTL before I was a year old.)

Hometown: O'Fallon, IL for the last 13 years. Soulard before that. PB I've relatives in Benld so am familiar with your area.

Mode of transport: 2002 Dakota

Job: Environmental Engineer for US GOV

How and When I became a St. Louis Blues fan: Going to gradeschool in Fairview Heights, IL. I missed the Philly game on TV when the Blues went into the stands and still remember all the kids talking about it the next day.

Favorite Current Blues Player: David Backes. Gotta stick with the engineers.

Favorite All Time Blues Player: Two would qualify for this but I'll pick Bob Gassoff. My Dad was working nights at a local grocery store that Bob came in. He got the autograph for me which I'm still kicking myself for not keeping. I'd love to have bought a #3 sweater and have a seamstress sew a copy of that autograph onto it.

Favorite non-Blues player: Pronger. Some may disagree but I expect that will change after three more seasons, if not sooner.

Favorite all time non-Blues player: Scott Stevens. With favorite all time Blues player between him and Bob Gassoff I bent the rules a little. With him not being here more than a year I thought I'd bend the rules a little. Too bad it couldn't be an outright infraction.

Definitive Blues moment: Have to be Belfour swinging his stick against the goalpost. As far as Stevie Y scoring and other negative events my memory tends to get a little iffy as I get older.

First Blues game attended: It was sometime in the 70's against Colorado.

College attended: Missouri-Rolla for the bachelors. SIUE for the masters. Both are my alma mater but the St. Pat's parties we had down in Rolla back then were something. We used to go to the Halloween parties at SIUC just to judge between the two. My GPA reflected that.

Music: Pretty standard, Rush, Yes, Pink Floyd.

Movie: Monty Python's Holy Grail. Too good to pick anything else.

Favorite food: Italian. That's why I like my trips to Benld.

Favorite teams: Blues, St. Louis United

Thanks for reading and hopefully I can be a strong addition to the Blues part of HF.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
BTW...I have known his beautiful wife for as long as I have known him (almost 17 years now) and she is a wonderful, gorgeous woman. She has to be wonderful to put up with him....lol (she will like the gorgeous part too :D)
:rolleyes: I've seen better.

:D

Hometown: We Will Find Out on Tuesday
So ....... it's been a month - what town was the lucky winner?

Bluester

Feb 28, 2007
Saint Louis, MO
Name: Joshua
Birthplace: Somewhere near Chicago
Hometown: Troy, MO since 1985
Mode of Transportation: 2005 Silverado 4X4
Job: GM Assembly Worker
How and when you became a Blues fan: Sometime in the early 90's. Always been a complete sports nut my whole life. Only draw back is noone else in my family is. Until the lockout and then became reawakened last year when I went to a game.
Favorite current Blues player: Lee "shoots and scores" Stempniak
Favorite all-time Blues player: Brett Hull
Favorite active non-Blues player: Brodeur
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Brodeur
Definitive Blues Moment: My first blues game in person last year(we lost against Nashville) and my first blues game we won. Guerin had one of the nicest goals I have seen.
First Blues Game Attended: Against Nashville last year. 07
College Attended/Attending: none
Music You Listen To: anything except R&B and Country
Favorite Band(s): Metallica, Soil, Linkin Park not the new album, Korn, Rob Zombie
Favorite Movie(s): Bourne series, The Godfather Triology, The Shawshank Redemption
Favorite Food: Ribeye or a Porterhouse. Thats steak for you younger folk.
Favorite TV Show(s): Mash, The Sheild, Rescue Me, The Sopranos, Stargate-sg1
Hobbies: Any sort of sport, Traveling, Games, Drinking with friends(not so much anymore)

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
So ....... it's been a month - what town was the lucky winner?

My life is still up in the air. Waiting on some license issues for the MD. I was hope to have it all resolved by now, but it doesn't look like that is happening for awhile.

InjunSteve

CARL WINSLOW!
Jan 2, 2005
Granite City, IL
ytmnd.com
Name: Steve
Hometown: Granite City, IL
Mode of Transportation: 1997 Chevy s-10.(manual transmission for the win)
Job: Work at a dairy store.
How and when you became a Blues fan: Since i can remember, my brother was a huge blues fan when the hull and oates line was dominating, thats how i was introduced. i've always just followed the blues do to family.
Favorite Blues Player: current? Jamal Mayers
All-Time? a guy that i didnt see: Gassoff and a guy i did see: Macinnis
Favorite NON Blues Player: active? always did like recchi
Retired? paul coffey
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Ken wilson yelling, "here comes cheveldae, he'll be thrown out of the game" and the beatdown that ensued.
First Blues Game Attended: Believe it might have been in 92 or 94, thinking it was against the sharks. i know shannahan scored at least a hat trick.
College Attended/Attending: none
Music You Listen To: Classic rock, metal, to alternative hip hop
Favorite Band(s): the kinks, gwar, and jurassic 5.
Favorite Movie(s): se7en, the warriors, bill and ted's excellent adventure
Favorite Food: Chinese food FTW.
Favorite TV Show: Ninja Warrior, MythBusters
Hobbies: Watching sports, playing videogames, hanging with the people, and i guess work could be considered one.

curtstl7

Sep 30, 2007
Name: Curt
Birthplace: STL
Hometown: South STL
Mode of Transportation: whatever gets me from point a to point b
Job: Fitness Consultant
How and when you became a Blues fan: I cant remember, my father has been a season ticket holder for 29 years, so i used to go to the games even when i was terrified of all the noise.
Favorite Blues Player: current? brad boyes...All time? Brett Hull
Favorite NON Blues Player: active? Crosby Retired? gotta be Gretzky
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Monday night miracle
First Blues Game Attended: dont know, i was 2
College Attended/Attending: St. Louis Community College
Music You Listen To: Everything but R&B
Favorite Band(s): Pantera, Godsmack
Favorite Movie(s): miracle, YOUNGBLOOD
Favorite Food: i just love to eat
Favorite TV Show: king of queens, seinfeld, anything that has to do with UFO's lol yeah i kinda enjoy the "what if" stuff.
Hobbies: anything but baseball. hockey, music, gambling, women

StLooFrenchy

Mar 21, 2006
Southern Illinois
www.myspace.com
Name: Curt
Birthplace: STL
Hometown: South STL
Mode of Transportation: whatever gets me from point a to point b
Job: Fitness Consultant
How and when you became a Blues fan: I cant remember, my father has been a season ticket holder for 29 years, so i used to go to the games even when i was terrified of all the noise.
Favorite Blues Player: current? brad boyes...All time? Brett Hull
Favorite NON Blues Player: active? Crosby Retired? gotta be Gretzky
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Monday night miracle
First Blues Game Attended: dont know, i was 2
College Attended/Attending: St. Louis Community College
Music You Listen To: Everything but R&B
Favorite Band(s): Pantera, Godsmack
Favorite Movie(s): miracle, YOUNGBLOOD
Favorite Food: i just love to eat
Favorite TV Show: king of queens, seinfeld, anything that has to do with UFO's lol yeah i kinda enjoy the "what if" stuff.
Hobbies: anything but baseball. hockey, music, gambling, women

Welcome, curtstl7.

Sharks14*

Name: Mark
Birthplace: St. Louis, Missouri
Hometown: St. Louis, Missouri
Mode of Transportation: 2004 Honda Civic HX
Job: I work at the Pasta House; bus boy.
How and when you became a Blues fan: I became a Blues fan whenever I was around the age of 2 or 3. I grew up watching Al MaCannis, he has always been my hero. I also grew up watching Dmitra and Pronger, the old days...
Favorite current Blues player: Lee Stempniak
Favorite all-time Blues player: Al MaCannis
Favorite active non-Blues player: Joe Thorton
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Mario Lemeiux
Definitive Blues Moment: I don't really remember this moment, but the Blues came back from a 5-1 deficit and ended up winning the game 6-5. I totally forget who they played and when it happened.
First Blues Game Attended: It was a long time ago, and the Blues beat Detroit.
College Attended/Attending: Mizzou - hopefully
Music You Listen To: Rock, Rap
Favorite Band(s): Linkin Park, The Used, Pantera
Favorite Movie(s): Fever Pitch, Road to Glory, Dodgeball, Rookie of the Year, Benchwarmers, Bad News Bears, American Pie Movies, 40 Year Old Virgin
Favorite Food: Mac and cheese, dominos pizza, chicken nuggets.
Favorite TV Show: Sportscenter, Blues hockey, family guy, That 70's Show.
Hobbies: Playing sports (hockey, baseball, football) and mainly watching the Blues games, hanging out with friends, listening to music, ect.

BigTeddyPaul

Jul 1, 2004
Sunny California
Name: Paul
Birthplace: Redmond, Washington
Hometown: San Luis Obispo, California
Mode of Transportation: 1997 Nissan Altima
Job: I work as a front desk person in a small bed and breakfast.
How and when you became a Blues fan: I became a Blues fan because I was bored. There was nothing to do but watch TV and nothing was on TV except a boring hockey game. I watched most of it and it turned out to be a playoff game between the Red Wings and the Blues. A guy, later I learned to be MacInnis, shot the puck around the blue line area past a goalie (learned later it was Osgood) and tied up the game. The shot was mind boggling to me and I have been a freak ever since.
Favorite current Blues player: Paul Karyia.
Favorite all-time Blues player: Al MacInnis
Favorite active non-Blues player: Chris Pronger. I will always think fondly of the time and effort he put in the Blues organization.
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Stevens (HA .. I kid I kid). Seriously, as much as I hate to say it Peter Forsberg. The guy just wows me.
Definitive Blues Moment: Bergevin puts the puck in our own net and is the scapegoat for the series.
First Blues Game Attended: Last year for Christmas my girlfriend surprised me and spent $170 on $70 tickets for center ice up high at a Sharks vs Blues game. The game was exciting but the score was only 1-0 with Guerin having a nice spin/wrap around goal. Those last five minutes or so were so nausiating and hearing the fans making fun of Legace was great.
College Attended/Attending: I currently attend Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.
Music You Listen To: Not country.
Favorite Band(s): Lifehouse, Relient K
Favorite Movie(s): Too many to list. Godfather, Monty Python, etc.
Favorite Food: Anything my girlfriend makes me.
Favorite TV Show: I don't watch TV but if so it would have to be whatever sport is playing or news channel.
Hobbies: Between school, girlfriend, and work I have no hobbies. I guess stalking this site is a hobby.

DrVanntastic

Jun 15, 2006
Wentzville, MO
Welcome to the boards Paul. Hopefully one day you'll make it out here to watch your favorite team at home. Nothing like watching a Blues game in the seats of the STC cheering along with your fellow fans.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Name: Mark
Birthplace: St. Louis, Missouri
Hometown: St. Louis, Missouri
Mode of Transportation: 2004 Honda Civic HX
Job: I work at the Pasta House; bus boy.
How and when you became a Blues fan: I became a Blues fan whenever I was around the age of 2 or 3. I grew up watching Al MaCannis, he has always been my hero. I also grew up watching Dmitra and Pronger, the old days...
Favorite current Blues player: Lee Stempniak
Favorite all-time Blues player: Al MaCannis
Favorite active non-Blues player: Joe Thorton
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Mario Lemeiux
Definitive Blues Moment: I don't really remember this moment, but the Blues came back from a 5-1 deficit and ended up winning the game 6-5. I totally forget who they played and when it happened.
First Blues Game Attended: It was a long time ago, and the Blues beat Detroit.
College Attended/Attending: Mizzou - hopefully
Music You Listen To: Rock, Rap
Favorite Band(s): Linkin Park, The Used, Pantera
Favorite Movie(s): Fever Pitch, Road to Glory, Dodgeball, Rookie of the Year, Benchwarmers, Bad News Bears, American Pie Movies, 40 Year Old Virgin
Favorite Food: Mac and cheese, dominos pizza, chicken nuggets.
Favorite TV Show: Sportscenter, Blues hockey, family guy, That 70's Show.
Hobbies: Playing sports (hockey, baseball, football) and mainly watching the Blues games, hanging out with friends, listening to music, ect.

It was against the Maple Leafs in November of 2000. I remember that game vividly. Hecht scored the winner very early in overtime.

MrVain72

Nov 17, 2004
Name: Matt
Birthplace: Malmoe, Sweden
Hometown: Malmoe, Sweden
Mode of Transportation: Volvo 850
Job: Mailordercompany/webmaster Swedens biggest NHL-site.
How and when you became a Blues fan: Mid 80´s. Saw pictuers and collected cards. Liked the jerseys and the note. Also liked Jorgen Pettersson.
Favorite Blues Player: current? Lee Stempniak All-Time? Brett Hull
Favorite NON Blues Player: active? Mats Sundin Retired? Pat Lafontaine
Your Definitive Blues Moment: Blues comeback from 0-2 to win 3-2 i Nassau Colisseum 2007
First Blues Game Attended: NYI-Blues in Nassau Colisseum 2007
College Attended/Attending: No college in Sweden
Music You Listen To: Everything
Favorite Band(s): Guns N´Roses, The Doors, Nightwish, Depeche Mode
Favorite Movie(s): Shawshank Redemption, Top Gun, In the name of the father, Lord of the rings
Favorite Food: Italian, Thai
Favorite TV Show: Sopranos, Prison Break
Hobbies: Following the Blues, going to concerts, travel to the US

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad