Medvescak 16/17: FINAL SALE NOW EVERYTHING MUST GO ENDS AT MIDNIGHT

kulenova seka

This sorry excuse of a club is done.
8 players sold during season and still counting. Genoway, Katic & Pare are probably next.
GTFO from KHL.

Just not him, he will club anyway after the season, so hopefully he waits a little bit to gain possibility to play for NT.

Bolded - I will feel big relief after this farse is finally over. And something is telling me that we will be VERY lucky if we will play EBEL next season.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I will miss Medvescak trolling the league...

"Oh, so do you now think I am a play-off contender after winning eight in a row? Just let me drop four straight at home against Novokuznetsk, Yugra, Vityaz and Severstal!"

"So I'm expected to leave the league? Not before making a serious play-off run!"

I will always regret not visiting Zagreb for a KHL game.

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
Why? It's 80% terrible games and terrible attendance.
Yesterday it was 1000 tops.

Talked to some WAGS the other day one being here since EBEL, other came in KHL, the younger couldn't believe how good it used to be. And they all prefer Zagreb over siberian ****hole

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
What's the reason the attendance is still decreasing whilst it was quite high in EBEL? The results are not that bad.

kulenova seka

What's the reason the attendance is still decreasing whilst it was quite high in EBEL? The results are not that bad.

Too much games in short spell of time, evident lack of ambitions by club managment to make something (at least try to reach playoffs), but instead clubs serves as service depot to re-sell players. Constant player movement, players coming and leaving and majority of fans are sick of it. Those are major reasons, minor ones are related that some fans are not finding enough motive to watch teams (excluding top ones that are magnet because of quality ice product) they feel no evil blood towards them. In time of EBEL many fans were coming not just because they were fans of Medvescak, but because they hated other teams for various reasons (Salzburg because of money, KAC because of being backed by refs, Olimpija and Jesenice as long and old rivals, Linz for not wanting us in EBEL in 2009.). :)

kulenova seka

May I ask why my post about drunken EBEL president gone ? That is not lie, I can put link for it.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
http://hockey-news.info/ebel-zagreb-liebaeugelt-nun-offiziell-vor-ebel-rueckkehr/

Supposedly that days Medvescak to EBEL next year? It's in German

It basically says that EBEL also confirmed that Medvescak wants to return. In their latest meeting, clubs welcomed the addition of Medvescak and the deadline for an application to take part in the next season of EBEL is January 15. Based on the timing of the article, I'd say Medvescak is almost surely back in EBEL unless some major problems come up. Hopefully, they and their fans will do better there. It feels like losing Poland to NATO. Ouch.

Why? It's 80% terrible games and terrible attendance.
Yesterday it was 1000 tops.

Talked to some WAGS the other day one being here since EBEL, other came in KHL, the younger couldn't believe how good it used to be. And they all prefer Zagreb over siberian ****hole

It seems to me that both gameplay and attendance got worse and worse over time. In last couple of years, Medvescak was one of my favorite teams to watch and the arena looked warm and sincere. Now, though, you are right. Everything about the team and the arena feels dull and something is obviously missing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
May I ask why my post about drunken EBEL president gone ? That is not lie, I can put link for it.

Well, you didn't put it, so I had to remove the post, as accusations without the reliable link are forbidden here. Not to mention that the EBEL stuff without the direct relation of Medvescak possibly joining it is an OT here, as it is a KHL section of the boards. And btw, discussion of mods actions should be done in PM, so feel free to message me if you feel I'm wrong.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
Team which has different players playing for every matchup can't be attractive to fans. Lack of context for fans (like it was mentioned here, not knowing who to "hate" and why) and homegrown players, who managed to be successful in EBYSL and shown that some EBEL potential is there, made people go away from the team.

People in Medveščak are capable, they did bring KHL to Croatia so if they'll want it, they could become a regular EBEL member.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
A much needed win tonight, too bad Garnett got that one in, would be nice to see him bring down the goal after the match. Also first game for Milicic and second goal for Voronin... And Genoway started the match on fire, I bet he is the next one out...

TomB

Jul 20, 2016

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Why Brule? It can't be for national team eligibility; he didn't play for Medvescak long enough.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he just got the passport, he isn't NT eligible yet. As soon as he had played long enough he will become eligible.

TomB

Jul 20, 2016
Correct me if I'm wrong but he just got the passport, he isn't NT eligible yet. As soon as he had played long enough he will become eligible.

Of course. But the other ones (Thomas, Morrisonn) have already played their two seasons. Brule hasn't, and has already left Zagreb.

If he wanted to play for them now, he would have to start the two seasons from the beginning. I'm just wondering why they bothered nationalizing him.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So Pare is gone as well. The real question is, does Medvescak have enough players to ice a team after they are done selling everyone? I mean a real team, not some Croatian beer leaguers.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Of course. But the other ones (Thomas, Morrisonn) have already played their two seasons. Brule hasn't, and has already left Zagreb.

If he wanted to play for them now, he would have to start the two seasons from the beginning. I'm just wondering why they bothered nationalizing him.

Jesus. Morrisonn from Capitals roster winning President's Trophy to Croatian NT in few years. :shakehead

kulenova seka

Jesus. Morrisonn from Capitals roster winning President's Trophy to Croatian NT in few years. :shakehead

There is still a hope that he, hopefully, won't show up for Belfast. Just like Parlett, Thomas and Waugh.:)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I actually don't see the reason why would they show up if Medvescak isn't in the KHL anymore. Other than money. Which I doubt Croatian hockey federation have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad