Medvescak 16/17: FINAL SALE NOW EVERYTHING MUST GO ENDS AT MIDNIGHT

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Props to Bobby Butler's agent.
How this has been player still gets his paycheck in pro hockey is mystery. Even semi-pro NA leagues have a better players with bigger balls and better skating.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
They can play in EBEL, there are some home players that can jump in, lot of fans, monopole on hockey players and hockey entertainment in country, on the other hand, it doesn't seem that they did enough in hockey schools, then they'd have enough players for safe EBEL team base, let's not forget that EBEL is not NHL. But then again there is Olimpija against whom EBEL teams look like NHL :laugh:
Yesterday Christof Kromp looked great against Laibach haha 1+2. I would really like to see Medvescak in the EBEL. It would hurt Jesenice and Budapest's bids though. Here is what I feel Medvescak's roster could look something like (forgive incorrect positions)

Mike Glumac - Nick Drazenovic - Nathan Perkovich
Jiri Smejkal - Samson Mahbod - Ilya Arkalov
Tom Zanoski - Tyler Murovich - Ivan Jankovic
Tomo Trstenjak - Gal Koren - Matija Milicic

Goran Bezina - Mark Katic
Blake Parlett - Mark Popovic
Andy Sertich - Jan Smolec
Ivan Puzic - Bruno Kegalj

Mike Ouzas
Sinisa Martinovic

Would still be a below average EBEL team but seeing as they have financial struggles it's not as if better could be readily expected. Could fans get behind something like this?

Last edited:

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Your roster is way too expensive for EBEL because there is no domestic sponsors to back them up. Also Sertich left with bitter taste because they owed him money and I'm sure Arkalov can find something similar to Ebel back home.
Maybe Atlantic group and Podravka would give enough money but Tedeschi already has his pet project in Cedevita basketball club and Vegeta is well known in Slovenia and Hungary so there is no need for a big marketing campaign. At the start of the season Gojanovic had an interview where he said he would welcome a strong sponsor and step out of management if a company like Red-bull or Coca-cola are interested...the problem is they are not interested because they don't need advertisment. Croatia is a small market and with this kind of publicity their sales wouldn't go up by some significant percent...
Russians had that need for advertising 3 years ago because then Croatia had to bring legislative about oil&gas as there was no more monopoly for national company INA. But as all things connected with politics and investing everything is going at snail pace so the Russians are losing interest in Croatia, or better said they already lost their interest.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Props to Bobby Butler's agent.
How this has been player still gets his paycheck in pro hockey is mystery. Even semi-pro NA leagues have a better players with bigger balls and better skating.

Reminds me of Mike Hedden... great player and scorer everywhere else but just not at Dom Sportova

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
Mike Glumac OLD - Nick Drazenovic NOPE - Nathan Perkovich NOT 1st line
Jiri Smejkal - Samson Mahbod - Ilya Arkalov - KINDA OK but for total of 100k for all 3 tops
Tom Zanoski - Tyler Murovich - Ivan Jankovic 4th line at its best.
Tomo Trstenjak - Gal Koren - Matija Milicic 4th line

Goran Bezina - Mark Katic bezina is 200k€+
Blake Parlett - Mark Popovic - Popovic is old and out
Andy Sertich - Jan Smolec - if he would come back is a question
Ivan Puzic - Bruno Kegalj

Mike Ouzas - he's not returning, like ever
Sinisa Martinovic - nope, never

some comments are above...

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Reminds me of Mike Hedden... great player and scorer everywhere else but just not at Dom Sportova

Hedden was at list trying to play. Butler simply doesn't give a damn about anything on the ice. Totally invisible. Shoots like a 10 year old kid, skates like a 70 yer old granpa. Disgusting.

Rano

Aug 20, 2016
Is this the final year of Medvescak KHL contract or do they have another? Any talk of extension?

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
It's the final year, the franchise was sold and is moving the next season, all contracts should be honored and all salaries paid.

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
Rights to play in KHL go to new London owners. Basically means player and staff contracts and will be honored if valid for 17/18.

Everything else stays as it was in Zagreb before the circus league came to town.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
If true that would suck...I mean on one hand - Zagreb does not bring much to the KHL, only a trampoline team for foreigners to jump for a higher contract, on the other hand Zagreb has this NA flavor, which is always cool and interesting, plus teaches young Russians from KHL clubs how to play NA teams.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
If true that would suck...I mean on one hand - Zagreb does not bring much to the KHL, only a trampoline team for foreigners to jump for a higher contract, on the other hand Zagreb has this NA flavor, which is always cool and interesting, plus teaches young Russians from KHL clubs how to play NA teams.

I agree, they are interesting, they have established some good rivalries with Slovan etc. It makes sense though, Chernyshenko seems to be cleaning up after Medvedevs reckless work. Like the club is clearly unstable and Arena Zagreb has been completely removed from the equation, it seems like all there is now is bad press about finances and wages, no more bear fever. It will suck but if they bring in another stable team to replace them, Im all for it. I trust Chernyshenko much more than Medvedev and believe he is working on securing at least one solid foreign team for next season.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Hedden was at list trying to play. Butler simply doesn't give a damn about anything on the ice. Totally invisible. Shoots like a 10 year old kid, skates like a 70 yer old granpa. Disgusting.

LOL is he that bad? I remember seeing the signing in the summer thinking he would be a good pick up, reminiscing about those awesome goals he scored with the sens back in the day.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Tickets vs SKA are in the pocket, i' ve been to few Medvescak home games and they've always won, vs CSKA & Dynamo Moscow last year and few others, lets hope the tradition continues.

kulenova seka

I was thinking to go to SKA as well, but will be going to the Pitvice (sp) lakes instead.

Go to Plitvice, eat janjetina at "Macola" (you will see live bears there :) ). You should visit national park "Una" near Martin Brod (not too far away from Plitvice), very nice nature there. While in Plitvice try to find domestic cheese (Lički sir) and "rakija".

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Only in Zagreb, a goalie that let's in 3 goals gets a standing ovation and a guy who scored hat-trick just a tap on the back

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Things are running ok now, it looks like guys can do some damage, hopefully the team stays together as much as possible (and wages are more or less paid?).

Taylor has been decent; what stands out is pretty much even scoring by top 6 guys, that's good, mainly in situation when club can't afford a stand out star player.

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
Things are running ok now, it looks like guys can do some damage, hopefully the team stays together as much as possible (and wages are more or less paid?).

Taylor has been decent; what stands out is pretty much even scoring by top 6 guys, that's good, mainly in situation when club can't afford a stand out star player.

brule was sold. medvescak can't bring up any players from M2 due to president's suspension.

Derek Smith is backup goalie.

**** my life that's "ok"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad