MedveÅ¡čak Zagreb 2015/2016

loppa*

He'll destroy EBEL if he stays. :)

Shh, don't feed the trolls. They're at their limits of how to belittle the team so they are resorting to belittling the team on some supposed points for the next season, as they have clearly failed in regards to their belittlement effort for this season.

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
LOL this game really was not pleasant to watch, we had one of the worst games this season and still won against the toughest club in the league.

Actually i wouldnt agree with you. They didnt rush, played very patiently, defensively and were wearing down the opponent. It definitively helped that Taylor saved some tough shots, but from one clear shot they scored when you could see CSKAs attention and strength was going down. Not to mention they beat the refs aswell. I would say this was a very good game vs an opponent that dominates.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Was in Dom Sportova arena for the first time yesterday. Loved the game, tough, play off like, you were pretty lucky but you had to beat the refs as well. 1st & 2nd period were more or less CSKA but it became more equal in 3rd. Radulov hit 2 posts if i am correct.

Great crowd, great atmosphere, plenty of Slovenians too, most of them were there to see Mursak i guess.

Parked in Panorama hotel parking lot, quite expensive but other places nearby were full or we weren't aware of them. I ll try to come down at least once a month, i spent only 25 eur all over, ticket, gas and 2 beers. Great hockey to be seen for as little as that, our scene is in ruins so Zagreb option is quite refreshing.

Last edited:

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Actually i wouldnt agree with you. They didnt rush, played very patiently, defensively and were wearing down the opponent. It definitively helped that Taylor saved some tough shots, but from one clear shot they scored when you could see CSKAs attention and strength was going down. Not to mention they beat the refs aswell. I would say this was a very good game vs an opponent that dominates.

I admit, i was too hard in the comment but there was almost none real threats by MedveÅ¡čak except in a first 5 min of a game ( Mantyla shot ). I really like what I saw from Brule, he was more then impressive, and of course Taylor.

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
I admit, i was too hard in the comment but there was almost none real threats by MedveÅ¡čak except in a first 5 min of a game ( Mantyla shot ). I really like what I saw from Brule, he was more then impressive, and of course Taylor.

Yeh It was all CSKA first two periods. Third was equal and there were couple of chances from us. But as i said only real chance we had was a goal.
Besides we survived 5v3 that was invented by the refs, along with some other penalties and non calls like that so clear a penalty shot. Hard to fight a monster like CSKA and refs. And yes we had luck with that puck hitting the post. But defensively we were just awesome, shutdown defense. I think if we rushed offense in first two we would have gotten drilled.

loppa*

Haters gonna hate...

Medvescak still Croatia’s finest brand
21 November 2015, 00:52 News

For the third year in a row, Medvescak of Zagreb has won the prestigious Sporto Brands award after being named the finest sports brand in all Croatia in a poll among the general public. The KHL club also made it into the top three brands in the Sporto Brands region, which covers Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia.

The Sporto Brands awards were created in 2013, in association with the Mediana Institute for Market Research, and the honors are split into three categories: sportsman, sportswoman and sporting club. For evaluating the competing clubs, Mediana devised eight criteria for success: brand awareness, results, global context, distinguishing features, the club’s positive image, the quality and frequency of performance, and public perception of the brand.

The “Bears†of Zagreb beat the PPD handball team and the NK Rijeka soccer team to retain the title as the best Croatian sports club brand, and the KHL is proud to offer its heartfelt congratulations. Keep the winning habit, Medvescak!

“What could be better than recognition of all our hard work by the people? For us at Medvescak, nothing can beat this! It is the best thing,†said Ranko Vucinic, Medvescak Director of Communications, as he accepted the award. “So we are very proud that for three years running, public opinion has recognized us as the best sports brand in Croatia and one of the best three brands in the region.â€

Some very illustrious names were among the victors: Slovenian soccer club Maribor, Serbia’s fierce rivals, Partizan and Red Star Belgrade, while joining the KHL men on the honors list for Croatia was Luka Modric, the renowned Real Madrid midfielder, and Sandra Perkovic, the Olympic, world and triple-European discus champion.

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
Fail boat is sailing and fail boat is sinking

-> Former Medvescak players call for a suit against the team.
-> Medvescak to leave KHL after this season?

loppa*

Fail boat is sailing and fail boat is sinking

-> Former Medvescak players call for a suit against the team.
-> Medvescak to leave KHL after this season?

Come on bro, you have been saying that they have failed/sunk all season long. And look, they are STILL in the playoffs if the playoffs were to start today. LOL I mean come on, how silly does that seem to constantly belittle the team, yet no matter how much you do so we can see that they actually have a mix of both successful and unsuccessful results...

As for leaving the league... as long as they get replaced by a better team/thing, I have absolutely no problem and I would perhaps even welcome such a scenario.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I would hate if Medvescak leaves KHL, mainly cause i have 2nd best hockey league in the world 1,5h drive away, complete package for as little as 20eur (gas + ticket + beer or two).

Fans are pretty passionate about their team so it would suck for them too. Though it's pretty reasonable to think that it won't be easy to run KHL team and stay at least competitive in long run, fans who i talked to in Zagreb are aware of that as well. Some of them told me they see KHL as something that needs to be appreciated at the moment and then try not to be too disappointed if/when return to EBEL happens.

Hope they stay in, i need to see many more interesting KHL teams in the future.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I would hate if Medvescak leaves KHL, mainly cause i have 2nd best hockey league in the world 1,5h drive away, complete package for as little as 20eur (gas + ticket + beer or two).

Fans are pretty passionate about their team so it would suck for them too. Though it's pretty reasonable to think that it won't be easy to run KHL team and stay at least competitive in long run, fans who i talked to in Zagreb are aware of that as well. Some of them told me they see KHL as something that needs to be appreciated at the moment and then try not to be too disappointed if/when return to EBEL happens.

Hope they stay in, i need to see many more interesting KHL teams in the future.

I'd put my signature under that! I want this team to get a play-off spot so badly. This way, I guess they would be able to generate extra income which would help them stay in the league and stabilize financially. Advancing to conference semi-finals is a pipe dream, though... That would be miraculous. Anyway, extra 2 or 3 play-off games is never bad for a team like Medvescak.

I don't want to be judgmental as I don't know deeply how this club as a whole structure runs, but it's really sad to see such teams in crisis. Wonderful fans, a team & city with hockey culture... It makes me think, even if those teams fail, I am wondering who may not in future. I really miss Lev Prague and I don't wanna lose my Medvescak too. That's too much pain. :P

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
The team wasn't failed by either fans nor back office (mostly). The front office is circulating the lies, belittling the former players, not paying them what they earned and fabricating lies.

So, I'm said the team isn't what it was advertised from 2009 when the new era began. It's not a clean and nice story they were boasting it to be.

It's a dirty corrupted nepotist endorsed *********.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
I'd put my signature under that! I want this team to get a play-off spot so badly. This way, I guess they would be able to generate extra income which would help them stay in the league and stabilize financially. Advancing to conference semi-finals is a pipe dream, though... That would be miraculous. Anyway, extra 2 or 3 play-off games is never bad for a team like Medvescak.

I don't want to be judgmental as I don't know deeply how this club as a whole structure runs, but it's really sad to see such teams in crisis. Wonderful fans, a team & city with hockey culture... It makes me think, even if those teams fail, I am wondering who may not in future. I really miss Lev Prague and I don't wanna lose my Medvescak too. That's too much pain. :P

I don't miss Lev at all, but I do miss Prague. As for MedveÅ¡čak, I would definitely cheer for them as a first option if Slovan doesn't make PO.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I am probably coming to Torpedo game tomorrow but i ll be there at around 1 am already, so we ll hit city center before. What's my best option, to park near Dom Sportova, walk to Ban Jelacic square is too far i d say? What's best public transport option (i see there's Zapadni kolodvor nearby so it must be quite easy)?

About the parking, we used Panorama hotel's lot previously but it was quite pricey and considering car is going to be there for at least half the day this time, i am trying to search for cheaper option, any suggestions?

Edit: Tram number 1 is answer to 1st paragraph.

Last edited:

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
1AM? Isn't that 1 o'clock in the morning :) If you come at 13:00 check out the parking on northern side of Magazinska cesta (but keep in mind it is a one way street on the opposite side of Heruc factory and Magazinska klet - if you would go on foot from Dom Sportova it would be towards east) or on Zagorska street, also northern side of the before gas station (if you go on foot from dom sportova it would be towards west). Those are only two places I can think of where you could park for free. If you need to pay for parking make sure you have coins, second zone (yellow color) costs 3kn/hour and maximum is 3 hours. The best option would be to go into parking garage from Lidl right next to Dom sportova, I think you have 1 hour free parking, look around for free parking buy cigarettes or pack of cheapest gums to validate parking ticket and then go park for free. As for the tram you mentioned it goes rarely, like every 12 minutes...check out this link http://www.zet.hr/default.aspx?id=330&route_id=1

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
We like to walk around big cities after midnight during the week, taking pictures of weirdos for our book of freaks collection, yeah 1 PM it is :)

Thanks for P tips, i ll do that (Lidl parking). Yeah i found tram info on zet.hr page, 12 mins isn't too bad at all, we ll have all day to go to City center, walk around and back to Dom Sportova, we won't be in a hurry.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
We like to walk around big cities after midnight during the week, taking pictures of weirdos for our book of freaks collection, yeah 1 PM it is :)

Thanks for P tips, i ll do that (Lidl parking). Yeah i found tram info on zet.hr page, 12 mins isn't too bad at all, we ll have all day to go to City center, walk around and back to Dom Sportova, we won't be in a hurry.

In my opinion, the best public transport for Dom sportova, if you are coming from centar is by bus. The station is on Mažuranac, 100 metars south of HNK ( Hrvatsko narodno kazalište ) and the bus you need is 118 Voltino who can drive you to Magazinska cesta .The bus drive is about 5 min long, and you need 5 more minutes to walk until you reach Dom sportova. The bus goes every 10 - 15 min max.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Yeah Arnusson you are right, I was thinking the same thing but...I'm sure you've heard about zet proposals, what if they ask him for ticket :) btw nobody buys tickets, if a ticket supervisor comes just say you came in on the station before

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Encouraged by helpful lads here, I would also like to ask some questions: Could I buy ticket for a Medvescak game on-line and print it out, possibly one month or so in advance?

I need Schengen visa to visit Croatia for which I have to present tons of documents, so an already-bought, printed ticket would help me a lot as a college student. Well, thanks to our ******** government and the impression they make, I have to prove the authorities that I am not an ISIS militant but just a hockey fan who will not detonate bombs.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Encouraged by helpful lads here, I would also like to ask some questions: Could I buy ticket for a Medvescak game on-line and print it out, possibly one month or so in advance?

I need Schengen visa to visit Croatia for which I have to present tons of documents, so an already-bought, printed ticket would help me a lot as a college student. Well, thanks to our ******** government and the impression they make, I have to prove the authorities that I am not an ISIS militant but just a hockey fan who will not detonate bombs.

Yes, you can :)

http://www.medvescak.com/en/khl/individual-game-tickets-13

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Soooo....this is the situation - if Sochi and SKA weren't behind with number of games played they would most likely be ahead of Medvescak... Minsk and Vityaz would have exactly the same nuber of points if they win those games we already played...and Spartak would have two points more than MDV. Of course they will lose some games but all in all Medvescak is far far away from playoffs...

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
Soooo....this is the situation - if Sochi and SKA weren't behind with number of games played they would most likely be ahead of Medvescak... Minsk and Vityaz would have exactly the same nuber of points if they win those games we already played...and Spartak would have two points more than MDV. Of course they will lose some games but all in all Medvescak is far far away from playoffs...
..ah thats not that way, better have more games played but more points than less points:)
and it is hypotetical: you cannot say that teams which lets say have 3 games less, they will get 9 points from those games. and those teams will have to play against each, so another loss of points...
also psychological it is better to be ahead..
slovan has same more games, but now a very good 5 win strike and a well performance generally:yo:

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
The problem mostly lies in the fact we won many "hard" games but lost many nominally "easy" games. Like Sever a few days ago. They need to get their **** together when it comes to the teams that are lower on the standings. There are no easy teams. If they do Medvescak will be fine and make he playoffs.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
The problem mostly lies in the fact we won many "hard" games but lost many nominally "easy" games. Like Sever a few days ago. They need to get their **** together when it comes to the teams that are lower on the standings. There are no easy teams. If they do Medvescak will be fine and make he playoffs.
i can copy your message to slovan, in past was same, but now luckily it turned into more wins...
i personal think slovan is better team than medvescak (you have other style with the americans) but would hope you make it to playooff, too.
we (slovan+medvescak) should appreciate to be playing at this high level KHL and see all those teams at home. and the fight for playoff is our goal, ...

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara

Thanks a lot - there are tickets even for December games! That's really good. Will make my job a lot easier.

On the topic of play-off, I believe that Medvescak still have a lot to do in order to secure play-off. Everything can still change just in a week or with three games and %90 of stuff we are to talk here is just hypothetical but I believe that the next away tour will be quite decisive.

Loko, CSKA, Jokerit, Dynamo Moscow and Torpedo are almost %100 so we have 3 play-off spots left. Even though they don't seem to be delivering, I believe SKA will somehow find their way so let's say, we have 2 spots now. The canditates are Sochi, Vityaz, Spartak, Riga, Minsk, Severstal, Medvescak and Slovan.

Personally, I would take Severstal and Riga out. Vityaz is not a threat at the moment, either. So I would say, for those 2 or maybe 3 spots, those teams will fight: Sochi, Medvescak, Slovan, Minsk, Spartak. Here are how many home & away games left for each team,

Medvescak has 7 home and 17 away games left.
Sochi has 15 home and 12 away games left.
Slovan has 9 home and 15 away games left.
Minsk has 14 home and 12 away games left.
Spartak has 14 home and 13 away games left.

As you can see, Medvescak and Slovan has the fewest numbers at home. Sure, being away doesn't necessarily mean that you will fail, but I would trust numbers here: Medvescak averages 1.69pts at home and 1.07pts away. This may seem little but in 10 games, would make a 6.2pts of difference.

As I said, this is all hypothetical at the moment and a 3-game streak can change it all; but taking some facts and schedule into consideration, I'd say Sochi, Minsk and Spartak are just a little step ahead of Medvescak now.

The good thing is, Medvescak doesn't need results from other teams. If they do well, they will simply get into top 8 with no fuss. That's why I believe this next tour will be quite decisive about play-off chances,

Nov 29 @ Avtomobilist
Dec 01 @ Yugra
Dec 03 @ Avangard
Dec 05 @ Barys

Anything above 6pts must be satisfying. Less is not good enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00