MedveÅ¡čak Zagreb 2015/2016

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Thanks a lot - there are tickets even for December games! That's really good. Will make my job a lot easier.

On the topic of play-off, I believe that Medvescak still have a lot to do in order to secure play-off. Everything can still change just in a week or with three games and %90 of stuff we are to talk here is just hypothetical but I believe that the next away tour will be quite decisive.

Loko, CSKA, Jokerit, Dynamo Moscow and Torpedo are almost %100 so we have 3 play-off spots left. Even though they don't seem to be delivering, I believe SKA will somehow find their way so let's say, we have 2 spots now. The canditates are Sochi, Vityaz, Spartak, Riga, Minsk, Severstal, Medvescak and Slovan.

Personally, I would take Severstal and Riga out. Vityaz is not a threat at the moment, either. So I would say, for those 2 or maybe 3 spots, those teams will fight: Sochi, Medvescak, Slovan, Minsk, Spartak. Here are how many home & away games left for each team,

Medvescak has 7 home and 17 away games left.
Sochi has 15 home and 12 away games left.
Slovan has 9 home and 15 away games left.
Minsk has 14 home and 12 away games left.
Spartak has 14 home and 13 away games left.

As you can see, Medvescak and Slovan has the fewest numbers at home. Sure, being away doesn't necessarily mean that you will fail, but I would trust numbers here: Medvescak averages 1.69pts at home and 1.07pts away. This may seem little but in 10 games, would make a 6.2pts of difference.

As I said, this is all hypothetical at the moment and a 3-game streak can change it all; but taking some facts and schedule into consideration, I'd say Sochi, Minsk and Spartak are just a little step ahead of Medvescak now.

The good thing is, Medvescak doesn't need results from other teams. If they do well, they will simply get into top 8 with no fuss. That's why I believe this next tour will be quite decisive about play-off chances,

Nov 29 @ Avtomobilist
Dec 01 @ Yugra
Dec 03 @ Avangard
Dec 05 @ Barys

Anything above 6pts must be satisfying. Less is not good enough.

Great analysis

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Important win for MDV today against Avto altough last 8-9 minutes were really bad for those with heart condition

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Oops... Losing to Yugra that badly after taking the lead is not a good sign. Luckily, Slovan also lost in Yekaterinburg where MDV had won recently. Games of Slovan, Spartak and Minsk are as important as MDV's ones in race for play-off so I will take Slovan losing as a "plus" for today.

Thursday in Omsk and Saturday in Astana then back to home. As I previously said, I expect nothing less than 3pts in those two games. A single win or OT win & loss would be close to perfect to finish this difficult road trip.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Medvescak killed 6 penalties just in first period, conceded one PP goal and still managed to close it 1-1 but then choked heavily in second one.

This tour didn't produce good results at all but I can't blame Medvescak much for this. Both Barys and Avangard look very strong nowadays. 3pts in 4 games is by no means good but acceptable for Medvescak. Now they need REALLY strong home performances though. This team can't do ***** away and may have to go almost perfect at Dom Sportova.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Is there any particular reason for tonight's game to be played at 20 instead of regular 19? What a beautiful league. I watch Admiral and Amur at 11:30 and Medvescak at 21:00.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Cave troll...we just have to deal with it...it was the same thing in EBEL...however i'm sure it would be better if Medvescak didn't have any debts to players...

kulenova seka

blaming referees season started :yo:

When Medvescak joined KHL everybody who follows them were more fascinated with improved level of officiating in KHL than EBEL than they were with level of hockey. I didn't have single complain (as majority of fans) about refs till few last games. More than obvious there were double standards which reminded us on our time in EBEL where we were slaught by refs.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Gojanovic told the russian media sponsors will guarantee next year's budget...they are now working on paying debts from last year...

loppa*

Gojanovic told the russian media sponsors will guarantee next year's budget...they are now working on paying debts from last year...

In the league an extra year... this is a nice surprise for people who are fans.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara

Best thing I've heard today. Or, yesterday. I hope they will get their sheet together, pay all remaining debts and come as a stronger team following next year. I don't know how Croatians feel about this but I hope they protect & look after their team to keep them in the league.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
The play-off ticket has gone... Only one home game left on Jan 16 against Dynamo Moscow. Medvescak will need a miracle to get into top 8.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
16.1., Medvescak plays last home game against Dynamo Moscow, tickets are booked :)

However, isn't that awful early date to end the season? Yeah they have weird schedule and play last 7 games away but still 18.2. is early. If anything, i d move the beginning of the season towards the end of september.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
16.1., Medvescak plays last home game against Dynamo Moscow, tickets are booked :)

However, isn't that awful early date to end the season? Yeah they have weird schedule and play last 7 games away but still 18.2. is early. If anything, i d move the beginning of the season towards the end of september.

No way. It used to start n in the beginning of September. The league deliberately moved it to the end August, and I find it good. It is just a matter of schedule of a particular team, and MedveÅ¡čak's one is not very lucky, well... Anyway, who says that it is the end of the season? Still, Minsk, Slovan, Spartak and also MedveÅ¡čak can make playoffs.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I am talking in general (ignore particular club's schedule here), that it feels way early to end regular season on 18th of february.

Well it's down to matter of opinion anyway.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
I am talking in general (ignore particular club's schedule here), that it feels way early to end regular season on 18th of february.

And when would you like to end it taking into consderation that Russians naturally want all their best players, including KHL finalists, to be ready for the World Championship every year?

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara

I definitely agree with you but as penepi said, international focus also has to be taken into consideration. Well, as a Turk I couldn't care less about national teams since our boys can't even skate properly but I understand that Russians, Swedes, Czechs etc. would like to get their players ready. If I am not mistaken, there are four EHT breaks this season. Makes it a whole month without play. Even so, regular season ends on February 18...

First or second week of March would be the best in my opinion. Let's say, March 8. Then, in a week, play-off would start and I guess it would be well over in May. Of course, I do not take international schedule into consideration while saying this and that's the very reason why what I want won't come true.

Medvescak has a really unlucky fixture. At some point, Dynamo Moscow had played 10 or 11 game at home. :laugh: Sure, 4-5 game tours are no problem but this sounds a bit unbalanced in my opinion. Just like in English Premier League, there has to be some kind of a rule, like, a team cannot play more than 6 games at home or away consecutively - excluding special cases like arena building or such.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad