MedveÅ¡čak Zagreb 2015/2016

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
It is sure they will be in KHL, even Shalaev confirmed that. But you can ask that question a year from now again ;-)

Arrhizal

May 4, 2012
Slovenia
I would. Don't want to see Ticar or Jeglic in their jersey either. Or any slovene for that matter. They will always cherish their cronucks more so they can have them.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
I would. Don't want to see Ticar or Jeglic in their jersey either. Or any slovene for that matter. They will always cherish their cronucks more so they can have them.

That is not true, cronucks that are good enough for KHL are rare nowadays...maybe Gazdic or Fistric that are droping from NHL level to AHL and Drazenovic but Medvescak can't afford them or they have no will to come here (Drazenovic saga was well discused here over and over and personally I would rather see Dustin Jeffrey than him). Medvescak fans will welcome anyone who plays with heart, no matter what nationality the player is. And if you want to play that game I can be an a..hole and say Ticar and Jeglic don't want to come because it would be a shame if Slovenian comes from a "more hockey" country to play for a team that is from a "less hockey" nation, but I'm sure they are profesionals and will make the choice best for their career and development

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Would this guy be on the radar for off season acquisitions? https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/5009/

with 25 NHL games this season? :amazed:
I'm sure he will try every other option than Medvescak...and it's not like something ties him with Croatia. Saw on wiki he is of sebian descent, born 1992...maybe he is from mixed marriage but he started life in Canada, his friends and family are there and really has no reason to come before year 2022. Who knows where MDV plays then, maybe Intergalactic League against Mars Pirates and Saturn Indians :D

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
I'm very exited to see the further development of Renato Platuzic in the medvescak youth system.

would love to see this player in the CHL.

LovroZG

Jan 12, 2014

Well, isn't that weird that a Croat would cherish a Croat more than a Slovene just like a Slovene would cherish a Slovene more than a Croat?
And are you seriously stating that we didn't cherish Robert enough while he played for us in EBEL!?

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
I'm very exited to see the further development of Renato Platuzic in the medvescak youth system.

would love to see this player in the CHL.

Speaking of real talents does anyone know whats going on with Fran Gjoni?

Well we got some real gems comeing up, Jankovic, Platuzic, Milicic Sakic, Tomljenovic, which unless there will be the ebel u24 league, that medvescak is trying to push through, should leave our system and go out. I mean they intend to call them up to KHL team in 2 years or so (i guess after we see if we live past the 3 year KHL contract thing). Which, unless they have a place to play lots of competitive games, would stagnate till than. Same goes for Luka Valencic who was just stunning in the U18 NT division 1B.
I mean if the u24 thing works out we would actually have a proper system for developing kids into real players, maybe even for the KHL team. More through strong games than training. ebelu16, u18, u20 and u24. OFc they would skip either the u18 or u20 as they do now.

But in theory we could in future have 1 or even 2 strong Croatian born goalies in KHL team if we live long enough (Rosandic and Tomljenovic), 2-3 attackers and maybe even a defensmen or two. Just that would be an amasing thing for our hockey.

kulenova seka

Speaking of real talents does anyone know whats going on with Fran Gjoni?

Well we got some real gems comeing up, Jankovic, Platuzic, Milicic Sakic, Tomljenovic, which unless there will be the ebel u24 league, that medvescak is trying to push through, should leave our system and go out. I mean they intend to call them up to KHL team in 2 years or so (i guess after we see if we live past the 3 year KHL contract thing). Which, unless they have a place to play lots of competitive games, would stagnate till than. Same goes for Luka Valencic who was just stunning in the U18 NT division 1B.
I mean if the u24 thing works out we would actually have a proper system for developing kids into real players, maybe even for the KHL team. More through strong games than training. ebelu16, u18, u20 and u24. OFc they would skip either the u18 or u20 as they do now.

But in theory we could in future have 1 or even 2 strong Croatian born goalies in KHL team if we live long enough (Rosandic and Tomljenovic), 2-3 attackers and maybe even a defensmen or two. Just that would be an amasing thing for our hockey.

Can you tell me is this game on PS 4 or Xbox One ? I would love to play it !

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
Once in a blue moon I have a nice dream as well. :)

Not really. Tomljenovic (21) is second best goalie in u20 EBEL with 94% svs and is generally improving drastically. in the worlds senior 1b division he had a 94.5 % svs (i saw the games some of em were really tough shots and he was pressed hard)

Rosandic (18) 92% svs in u20 Slovakia, and played senior game in Slovakian first league already. in the worlds u20 d 2A 94%. Last year he was 88% in the u 20 slovakia, so he is also improving very drastically. The guy has always been an over 90%er

They are young and can develop alot, both are, so far, en rout to be KHL material. Things could go the wrong way ofc, but so far so good.

Jankovic just turned 20 and he was 1.6 points per game u20 ebel (7th in points, 3rd in goals, 14th in assists), 1.9 ppg worlds u20 d2b

Sakic (20) 1.2 ppg u 20 ebel (9th in assists, 12th in points)

Milicic (18) 1.2 ppg u 20 ebel (11th in goals 17th in points), 1.4 ppg u 20 d2b

Platuzic (just turned 18) 1 ppg, 1 ppg in worlds u18 (not to good a team) and u 20
From defense Kegalj has 0.5 ppg and a very good +- 24
Mislav Rosandic, although he plays for Slovakian NT now, certainly could in future play in KHL. He is 20 and plays Slovak extraliga and has for 2 years now. And this year he has +-21 for a team that is in the finals. He played almost every game.

I would say that is all very respectable and could be developed further. Im sure they will be pushed into KHL in 2 years and that will only make em better. Especially because of the "native" players quota rising. If some of em can actually become decent or average players from the opportunity everyone wins. And i dont think it is an unrealistic thought.

Last edited:

LovroZG

Jan 12, 2014
Mate, only Mislav has potential for the KHL while Vilim has some chances.
Other players maximum (unles a miracle) is the EBEL. Look at how many players from EBYSL actually had a try in EBEL and look how Olimpija beat us with 4-5 EBEL players dropped down to their U20 level in EBYSL.
Or if easier, compare Szekesfehervar's Gabor Ocskay academy with MedveÅ¡čak U20. They are better than us and also have all the best Hungarian players just like we have all our best U20 players. If Hungary produces it's best talents at IA division level, how could you possibly say that our players have a chance to become KHL players?

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
Well i agree with you that best chance have Rosandic brothers, (i did say 1 most likely goalies cro born and 1 defensmen) although i would not write off Tomljenovic. Problem with goalies is they reach their peak between 25-28 and till than things can go either way (late bloomers or reach their limit early on) and Tomljenovic seams to have improved alot in last year and half. Alot of it is head related with them. I would not have pegged Tomljenovic before as being the strong point either on the NT last year or in the u20, but there u go.

But thing is in hockey u can never predict stuff about kids. These kids will be certainly pushed into KHL for said reasons (quota and/or atleast marketing appearances to add our native players in the roster who are dirt cheap). If anything it will give them every day ice time and possibility to play with best trainers and great players to learn from. What happens next is up to them. I mean they achieved these numbers with very little ice time.

Well Olimpia beat us in the first game. But we shoulda won the second game easily, especially in OT. What would have happened in the third who knows. But they certainly didnt outplay us in any kind of a major way.
Well i would say atleast fact that even with the best from the best of Hungary we were their toughest games (and i belive we won vs MAC 6:1), even with the fact they have incredible opportunities to train and develop. And our u20 had what? 2 trainings on ice per week? That would mean some of our players must be talented right? On a whole our team is way weaker, but some individuals are obviously good enough to be able to carry the weight of such tough games. Now if those players had KHL lvl training and ice time i dont know how far they would go. But i would say they have alot of reserves in them to grow.
So while in general i agree with you, i wouldnt discount one or two players actually being able to play as a fourth liner.
I mean just look at Sale Martinovic, he wasnt anything special in DEL, yet he made it in KHL.

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Fran Goni update seems to be extremely elusive

Has he played at all this year?

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
Fran Goni update seems to be extremely elusive

Has he played at all this year?

thats what im asking, since he was an extra talented kid. According to Eliteprospects no, not one game. Why? i have no clue

loppa*

I mean just look at Sale Martinovic, he wasnt anything special in DEL, yet he made it in KHL.

The guy sucks in both leagues. Then again, he is on defense, so it's not like one expects him to get many points.

kulenova seka

The guy sucks in both leagues. Then again, he is on defense, so it's not like one expects him to get many points.

{Mod} Anyway...from sources very close to the club I heard that there is big chance we won't play KHL next season.

Last edited by a moderator:

loppa*

Anyway...from sources very close to the club I heard that there is big chance we won't play KHL next season.

Are some croats going to call these people close to the club "serbian natioanlists"? :P

IF they do leave, will Medvescak have the funds to play in Ebel?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad