Mcquaid TKO's Martin

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Martin is a coward. Trying to find McQuaid at the end of his shift because he probably thought "Well, the first two fights i lost, maybe i'll try him when he's tired"

Funny how McQuaid just dropped his gloves just as fast as he dropped Martin. Martin didn't seem so eager earlier this year when Chara came after him, did he?

Martin was all over him for the majority of the fight. Get your eyes checked. Takes nothing away from the bomb that dropted him, but for most of the fight it was looking like Martin was going to take him.

One of the best fights of the year.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Almost as lame as jumping off the bench to fight a guy at the end of his shift and still getting KTFO.

If that's jumping a guy.....really? McQuaid was ready and knew he was coming. Jumping a guy is not what happened.

Martin lost the fight because of a hard punch he took. Get over it. Both sides!

It happens - these guys all lose a fight in their careers. Part of the job. You'd think Martin was carted off an a stretcher the way some people keep carrying on here.

Also - doesn't matter who, who says a guy has fight every time he is challenged? I didn't Lucic obliging Orr every time? Is he a coward too then?

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Martin was all over him for the majority of the fight. Get your eyes checked. Takes nothing away from the bomb that dropted him, but for most of the fight it was looking like Martin was going to take him.

Quite the spin for a guy who finished a distant second in a two-man race.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Quite the spin for a guy who finished a distant second in a two-man race.

Oh looks who's back to bash the leafs. Finally time to put you on ignore.

If you only watched the last 10 seconds I could understand your post, and I'm guessing in your case you didn't even watch the video, just saw the Leafs and went blind with rage again.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
If that's jumping a guy.....really? McQuaid was ready and knew he was coming. Jumping a guy is not what happened.

Martin lost the fight because of a hard punch he took. Get over it. Both sides!

It happens - these guys all lose a fight in their careers. Part of the job. You'd think Martin was carted off an a stretcher the way some people keep carrying on here.

Also - doesn't matter who, who says a guy has fight every time he is challenged? I didn't Lucic obliging Orr every time? Is he a coward too then?

You misread what I said. Jumping off the bench and jumping a guy are two completely different things. But don't let that stop you from getting all worked up.

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
2 distinct things happened in this fight....Martins lands heavy rights that would have ended the fight earlier if not for the Visor or at least allowed more punches to end the fight. Martin takes the fight to McBubblehead all fight, clearly the refs sneak in and call the fight..the code fighter(non Bubblehead) glances at the ref and loosens his grip,The Bubblehead lands a right seeing this is his chance. No code in this fight for sure. Martin takes the shot and gets up.

Summary...Rating a plastic fighter(visor) to a Non plastic fighter is lame...the advantages are HUGE..the code fighter does not get to throw punches nor connect in the manner they are intended.

Bottom line the Visor is a windshield and they are worn in different manners, McBubblehead wears the standard(large) Visor bolted to its lowest position on the helmet ..also note he never even attempts to push it up ,rather buries his chin for total protection. The late punch when the refs call the fight is what it is. I asked myself after this bout one simple thing..with the events happening as they did including the Visor advantage and the late punch that was a NO NO and the Kid took it and got up, who? is the tougher? Entertaining fight and all but the Visor is huge.

Reactions: ScrewParros

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
If you only watched the last 10 seconds I could understand your post, and I'm guessing in your case you didn't even watch the video, just saw the Leafs and went blind with rage again.

I watched the fight. Martin got his lunch fed to him at the end.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Martin sure gets beat badly atleast once every year.

Propably wished for the linesmen to jump in earlier. Didn't get his wish.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
2 distinct things happened in this fight....Martins lands heavy rights that would have ended the fight earlier if not for the Visor or at least allowed more punches to end the fight. Martin takes the fight to McBubblehead all fight, clearly the refs sneak in and call the fight..the code fighter(non Bubblehead) glances at the ref and loosens his grip,The Bubblehead lands a right seeing this is his chance. No code in this fight for sure. Martin takes the shot and gets up.

Summary...Rating a plastic fighter(visor) to a Non plastic fighter is lame...the advantages are HUGE..the code fighter does not get to throw punches nor connect in the manner they are intended.

Bottom line the Visor is a windshield and they are worn in different manners, McBubblehead wears the standard(large) Visor bolted to its lowest position on the helmet ..also note he never even attempts to push it up ,rather buries his chin for total protection. The late punch when the refs call the fight is what it is. I asked myself after this bout one simple thing..with the events happening as they did including the Visor advantage and the late punch that was a NO NO and the Kid took it and got up, who? is the tougher? Entertaining fight and all but the Visor is huge.

The non biased post of the day goes to...

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston

I'd think with all those 'heavy rights' one of them might have knocked the helmet off. McQuaid certainly knocked his off:laugh:

Maybe McStupid won't start a fight, after a clean check with someone who was wearing a visor next time.

Also, I'm pretty sure Mcstupid asked the linesmen not to stop it. How'd that work out?

McQuaid has also suffered an eye injury earlier this season and didn't have to oblige Mcstpuid, but did anyway.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
You do know what happens in that case, right?

technically that's only if you remove your helmet. If this still ends up being a problem, someone will finally develop a tear away visor for the best of both worlds.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
4-1 lead with under 8 minutes left probably contributed to that

A 4th line enforcer would take the other team's #1 without the slightest hesitation if they weren't busy crapping their pants.

McQuaid pulverized Martin here. The visor is a non factor. Martin did initiate after jumping off the bench after all.

BruinsNeedaRussian

Nov 21, 2009
When did Leafs fans get so soft that they can't enjoy a great rivalry fight in a time when fighting is being phased out? Sometimes your guy loses, get over it.

weinsink

Feb 8, 2018

One of the best fights of the year.
Bahahaha....is that you joe blowen,beatdown mcquaid.

ScrewParros

Oct 30, 2018

Video removed for copyright :(, and not listed on hockey fights. Is this a recent fight because all i see are ones from years and years ago. Any additional video links or information?. As for the visor arguement, I'm not a fan of fighting/enforcement with a visor. However he had a recent injury which is why he had it back on I suppose. A true tough guy just uses the visor on his opponent to his advantage, simply punch the visor and use it to break the bridge of your opponents nose. If you punch visor, it crunches down on nose. Every. Single.Time.

Look here how where Glass fought Witowski a couple of years ago. Luke has a visor, but out of respect for the code and enforcement and the scrap itself he legit adjusts his visor and raises it right before the scrap starts.....Could all visor scrubs not do this?, such as Mcquaid in this situation?. Or does it have to be screwed loose first?.

In case you haven't noticed over 90 % of the league wear visors as it has been mandated for most players as for Martin he was over matched in his this fight and got destroyed.

So a player cannot choose his type of visor anymore?. Even if he is outside of his rookie season and a league veteran?. How is Tanner Glass , McLeod, and tens of other players still playing without them if they are player mandated?. What if you were a new age enforcer coming into the league ( Far fetched I know lol ) , would you simply be forced to wear a visor?. Never allowed to remove it even if you signed some papers or waivers, etc?. I would like for someone to expand on this and explain it in full detail. I am curious. If there is rules against " instigating with a visor " then it's a clear advantage to NOT have a visor if you intend on scrapping. So by that logic why would visors be a forced player mandate and not just optional?.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Video removed for copyright :(, and not listed on hockey fights. Is this a recent fight because all i see are ones from years and years ago. Any additional video links or information?. As for the visor arguement, I'm not a fan of fighting/enforcement with a visor. However he had a recent injury which is why he had it back on I suppose. A true tough guy just uses the visor on his opponent to his advantage, simply punch the visor and use it to break the bridge of your opponents nose. If you punch visor, it crunches down on nose. Every. Single.Time.

Look here how where Glass fought Witowski a couple of years ago. Luke has a visor, but out of respect for the code and enforcement and the scrap itself he legit adjusts his visor and raises it right before the scrap starts.....Could all visor scrubs not do this?, such as Mcquaid in this situation?. Or does it have to be screwed loose first?.

So a player cannot choose his type of visor anymore?. Even if he is outside of his rookie season and a league veteran?. How is Tanner Glass , McLeod, and tens of other players still playing without them if they are player mandated?. What if you were a new age enforcer coming into the league ( Far fetched I know lol ) , would you simply be forced to wear a visor?. Never allowed to remove it even if you signed some papers or waivers, etc?. I would like for someone to expand on this and explain it in full detail. I am curious. If there is rules against " instigating with a visor " then it's a clear advantage to NOT have a visor if you intend on scrapping. So by that logic why would visors be a forced player mandate and not just optional?.

You do realize that you can type your question into Google and get your answer, right?

The NHL started the visor rule in 2013. Players prior are grandfathered in, but most have switched to the visor as prevention of injury or because of close calls. It's much like when helmets started being mandated. In the next decade, the last of the visorless players will most likely be gone.

ScrewParros

Oct 30, 2018
You do realize that you can type your question into Google and get your answer, right?

The NHL started the visor rule in 2013. Players prior are grandfathered in, but most have switched to the visor as prevention of injury or because of close calls. It's much like when helmets started being mandated. In the next decade, the last of the visorless players will most likely be gone.

So no NEW player can have the no visor option?. It's fully eliminated and visors are a forced mandatory issued thing...-..whew. The new " fast and skilled " NHL will sure be fun to watch as all the other physical aspects of the sport are gradually removed. I wonder when the NHL video games will remove fighting from the games as well.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
So no NEW player can have the no visor option?. It's fully eliminated and visors are a forced mandatory issued thing...-..whew. The new " fast and skilled " NHL will sure be fun to watch as all the other physical aspects of the sport are gradually removed. I wonder when the NHL video games will remove fighting from the games as well.

Correct. Any new players entering the league have to wear a visor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad