Mcquaid TKO's Martin

FacialAbuse*

Jan 30, 2017
Heavyweight tilt. Mcquaid opens Martin up and delivers a brutal shot to the chin for a TKO at the end. Martin went to the locker-room afterwards, hope he's ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Martin got him with a few huge hits but the visor saved him. Went downhill once Martin was fully exposed without the bucket. Think his helmet cut his ear up when it got knocked off and he seemed done right after that. No defense at all and got KOd quickly.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
You could tell Martin was ready to end the fight and then the refs backed off again which let McQuaid get that last chin shot.

McQuaid needs to take the damn visor off, was even 'till the last couple seconds.

Reactions: ScrewParros

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
I think it was a fist full of knuckles complements from Mr.McQuaid.

I don't think so.. watch the replay. Not sure how he cut behind Martin's ear with a punch that hit his helmet. It was the helmet that did the damage. Martin was a sitting duck once that happened. Fight was pretty even before then. Like I said, Martin got a few blows to the visor. It's like having a handicap while fighting.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Martin should learn to keep picking on guys he know's won't fight. He asked and received a beating.

That was for the ass clown D Cherry :laugh:
Haha right. Martin's only fought Chara, McLeod, Gudbranson, Simmonds, Kassian, Parros, Wilson, Bollig, Boro, Bortuzzo, Fraser, etc. The spot picker!

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
In case you haven't noticed over 90 % of the league wear visors as it has been mandated for most players as for Martin he was over matched in his this fight and got destroyed.

Before the fight starts throw your visor on the ice and fight. It cant be too confortable punching a helmet

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
In case you haven't noticed over 90 % of the league wear visors as it has been mandated for most players as for Martin he was over matched in his this fight and got destroyed.

Visors mandated for players just entering the league. McQuaid chooses to wear a visor.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I wanna see a rematch. That was a hell of a tilt and once the helmet was off it was just a matter of time

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Before the fight starts throw your visor on the ice and fight. It cant be too confortable punching a helmet

Sure.

And before jumping over the boards to challenge someone who has skated a full shift, maybe check if they are wearing a notoriously lethal shield first, if it really matters to you.

FacialAbuse*

Jan 30, 2017
No one is questioning how tough Matt Martin is. One of the best in the league when the mitts are dropped. Bob Probert lost fights, Tie Domi lost fights, Derek Boogaard losst fights. Let's just agree that Mcquaid won the bout. The visor is irrelevant. If Mcquaid gets his butt whooped I'd say the same thing. The fact that these guys fight bare-knuckled on 1/8" steel in front of thousands of people is a testament to courage in andof itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad