Mcquaid TKO's Martin

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Oh the leaf fan tears in this thread lol. Martin jumped a guy at the end of his shift and it didn't turn out he way he hoped...it happens. Every fight loses here and there it's the natural of the business. Stop scrounging for excuse for Martin it's really sad.

FacialAbuse*

Jan 30, 2017
McQuaids had it on and off this season, the speculation being something to do with a facial/eye injury.

Not that I expect you to live in a rational world.

Leafs fans are very sensitive. They have the grandiose conspiracies as to why their beloved heavyweight got TKO'd.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Easily the best fight of the year. I can't be mad if one or the other player is wearing a visor because nearly everyone does nowadays. I'm surprised that after a fight that long, it ended with a clear victor in Adam McQuaid, who dropped Martin pretty good to end the fight. Matt Martin did his job though, protecting Auston Matthews.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If the other guy is willing to take off his helmet too--then that's fine but you'd be nuts IMO to be playing defense in the NHL these days without a visor....so I don't blame McQuaid at all for wearing one.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
If the other guy is willing to take off his helmet too--then that's fine but you'd be nuts IMO to be playing defense in the NHL these days without a visor....so I don't blame McQuaid at all for wearing one.

He is nuts and doesn't. Which is why he has to wear one temporarily.

Good thing he can fight because he absolutely sucks as a d-man. That coverage on the JVR goal was just beautiful lol

Toronto fans talking about brutal D... Besides, the fact that you think preaching to the choir will upset Bruins fans is hilarious. Good fighters are rarely good hockey players. McQuaid was a really solid D-man, but injuries have taken their toll and he's asked to do to much. No shame in that, still lit up a dude 10 pounds bigger, fresh off the bench.

Last edited:

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
He is nuts and doesn't. Which is why he has to wear one temporarily.

Toronto fans talking about brutal D... Besides, the fact that you think preaching to the choir will upset Bruins fans is hilarious. Good fighters are rarely good hockey players. McQuaid was a really solid D-man, but injuries have taken their toll and he's asked to do to much. No shame in that, still lit up a dude 10 pounds bigger, fresh off the bench.

I bet Martin's face is going to look alot better with a big W

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Lets not act like Martin wasnt rattling the head of mcquaid at all there Mr.Edwards. it was a good scrap. Marts early and mcquaid finished er. Good scrap

Until Martin's helmet came off, they had connected about equal amount of times. Might even give Martin the advantage in landed punches, but McQuaid's punches were just a lot harder. After that point it was all McQuaid.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Wow Martin with an absolute FAIL trying to stick up for Mathews. He comes off the bench fresh and jumps McQuaid and ends up getting DUMMIED :laugh:

Martin should stick to jumping smaller rookies like Stecher cause when he jumps someone who can fight he shows his true colours and gets PUMPED :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

FacialAbuse*

Jan 30, 2017
Wow Martin with an absolute FAIL trying to stick up for Mathews. He comes off the bench fresh and jumps McQuaid and ends up getting DUMMIED :laugh:

Martin should stick to jumping smaller rookies like Stecher cause when he jumps someone who can fight he shows his true colours and gets PUMPED :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Martin's fight card is as impressive as anyone's in the league.

FacialAbuse*

Jan 30, 2017
I don't remember ever seeing a punch that hard and clean. I saw it on slow-motion and it looked brutal. You never wanna see that.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Until Martin's helmet came off, they had connected about equal amount of times. Might even give Martin the advantage in landed punches, but McQuaid's punches were just a lot harder. After that point it was all McQuaid.

It was close for the most part. Martin was landing a few stiff ones it seemed. Haven't watched again, so my judgement may be off. Hearing dummied in this fight is laughable (not saying you said it) strong finish by mcquaid...he is a tough kid. Have always liked his game.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
At least the old Bruins won something tonight. :naughty:

if the result were reversed you'd say otherwise. Leafs fans continue to embarss themselves. It was all Martin until it wasnt Martin...is that really a justification? He won the first half of the fight but he lost in the end...Toronto Kudos though...

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Before the fight starts throw your visor on the ice and fight. It cant be too confortable punching a helmet

Except you can't do that or else it's an extra two and a PP for the other team.

McQuaid was hit in the face with a puck early on this year, hence the visor. In a few years, visors will be on every single player as the old guard is moved on, just like how everyone has to wear a helmet now.

Martin wanted this fight. He should be smart enough to try and tie up right on the get go and take the helmet off first. So that's on him, not on McQuaid. Regardless of his strategy, he was outmatched in this fight.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Stop with the 'he wears a visor' semantics. The visor wasn't the reason why Matt Martin got TKO'd. Stop it.

My point is that the visor gives McQuaid an advantage. This is fact.

Obviously Martin challenged him and all that.

No visor on McQuaid and who knows, maybe two of those shots Martin landed to his shield would have TKOd him instead?

Fighting in hockey is dumb anyways. Watching two people give each other brain damage is really entertaining stuff /s

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Martin went at McQuaid at the end of his shift too. In his last two fights McQuaid has a KO and a TKO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad