Mcquaid TKO's Martin

ScrewParros

Oct 30, 2018
Correct. Any new players entering the league have to wear a visor.

Interesting, goes against this I found in google. Then again Wikipedia is not always reliable.

"
The American Hockey League, the top minor league in North America required all players to wear a visor prior to the start of the 2006–07 season. The NHL "strongly recommends" the use of visors. In 2013, the NHL began requiring all players with less than 25 games of experience to wear visors. "

That to me sounds like after 25+ games it's up to the player to decide.

Also uh..-..on topic. This fight is not uploaded to Hockeyfights.com, or on their Youtube channel. Where are you guys watching it?. Last scrap they have that's uploaded is 2017.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Interesting, goes against this I found in google. Then again Wikipedia is not always reliable.

"
The American Hockey League, the top minor league in North America required all players to wear a visor prior to the start of the 2006–07 season. The NHL "strongly recommends" the use of visors. In 2013, the NHL began requiring all players with less than 25 games of experience to wear visors. "

That to me sounds like after 25+ games it's up to the player to decide.

Also uh..-..on topic. This fight is not uploaded to Hockeyfights.com, or on their Youtube channel. Where are you guys watching it?. Last scrap they have that's uploaded is 2017.

You're reading it wrong. Players who entered the league in 2013 and beyond with less than 25 games have to wear a visor. Players with more than 25 games in 2013 have the option to go visorless. So if you're a rookie with zero NHL games played in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, you must wear a visor.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad