Mcquaid TKO's Martin

JukofYork

Mar 22, 2014
Id love to say great tilt but too bad McQuaid is such a coward with the visor though. The guys a fighter and wears the visor. Now why would that be?

Kudos to Martin though.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Id love to say great tilt but too bad McQuaid is such a coward with the visor though. The guys a fighter and wears the visor. Now why would that be?

Kudos to Martin though.

He took a puck to the eye a few weeks ago, had stitches above his eye and on his cheek.

Don't know how that makes him a coward. He was invited to fight, he fought and he tagged Martin.

OldMilIce

Apr 30, 2015
Niagara, ON
Yep and the Nhl definately has this wrong. Much higher percentage of a guy breaking his hand on a helmet then falling on his head

Sure, but a way higher percentage of a guy dying from smacking his head on the ice than breaking his hand.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the NHL doesn't want fighting in the league anymore. Whether you think its right or wrong (and I'm someone who thinks fighting has a place in the game) it is the way its going. Get used to people punching helmets until fighting is banned completely.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Why the heck are people complaint about a visor???

Mcquaid cant take it off once the fight starts, and Martin clearly said something to initiate the fight. If he didn't want to fight someone with a visor he shouldn't have challenged mcquaid.

They were both willing participants and knew what they were getting into.

Martin got rocked with a solid right.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Maybe the most one-sided fight ending this year. Tell during the fight that McQuaid's punches were having an effect whereas Martin's didn't seem to bother McQuaid. A player like Martin can't have too many beat downs like that and be effective in his role.

Orrfourever

Bruinaholic
Nov 29, 2016
Saskatchewan, Canada
They're both a couple of tuff mofo's. Adam's just a bit tuffer.

I9VGb2D.jpg

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
I love how some posters are using this as a reason to try and troll Leaf fans. This wasn't even the most one-sided fight from yesterday. Martin got caught with one punch and went down. If it was going to happen from anyone on Boston, I'm glad it was McQuaid, who is a tough guy but very respectful. Good hard-nosed fighter who defends his teammates.

The Leafs tough-guy took it on the chin just like Boston did in the game. These things happen and both guys should be celebrated for being constant warriors.

Mar 26, 2010
Man that Mcquaid guy sure is tough fighting with a visor

McQuaid is a chicken hiding behind his visor. If that visor was off he would be the one ko'd.

No respect for any ***** that fights with a visor.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Painful to read this thread.

This was as honest a fight as you're going to get. Martin came over the boards to challenge McQuaid for the hit on Matthews and Mcquaid obliged. They traded shots and Martin got dropped. The visor is what it is not like McQuiad started the fight nor is he allowed to shed the lid once the the gloves are off. All the best have been beaten and most of them have been dropped. Martin did his job, you win some and you lose some. He will be back and you can bet he has his teammates respect for stepping up.

Bruins win the fight leafs win the game turn the page.

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine
McQuaid is a chicken hiding behind his visor. If that visor was off he would be the one ko'd.

No respect for any ***** that fights with a visor.

Mcquaid has fought a lot without a visor . He took a puck to the eye recently hence the visor. You would know this if you read some of the previous post's. I guarantee you that Martin knew this before the game started . He challenged him knowing all this. FWIW.. The check on Mathews was clean too, mcquaid held up a lot so he didn't hurt a star player which I like to see. I also have no prob with Martin standing up for him just the same. They will go again

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Got to give it to Mcquaid he is a tough mother ****er.....

He sure is. Martin did his job and it just ended up that he got the worst of it. It happens. If McQuaid did get stitches, etc. from a puck and was wearing the shield because of it and he still took the fight at the end of a shift that should show people how tough he is not "OMG he hid under a visor".

McQuaid is easily one of the toughest guys in this league, losing to him should not be a shame, it's not like Martin got TKO'd by Alexander Semin or something ridiculous like that.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Why the heck are people complaint about a visor???

Mcquaid cant take it off once the fight starts, and Martin clearly said something to initiate the fight. If he didn't want to fight someone with a visor he shouldn't have challenged mcquaid.

They were both willing participants and knew what they were getting into.

Martin got rocked with a solid right.

Sure Martin knew he was wearing a visor but the fact remains wearing the visor gave Mcquaid an unfair advantage.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Wasn't it McQuaid who boarded Auston just earlier in the shift which caused this fight to happen? He definitely is a tough mofo (he did take some shots from Matt square on the chin as well)!

When guys this big chuck'em someone is bound to go down when it connects. I agree, I don't like seeing the visor on him (kinda like when Iginla fights) but if someone engages you, and they now have to give you a penalty for taking your helmet off, what are you gonna do?

Watching a guy like Zadorov turtle when he lays out Scheifele a couple of times and doesn't want to answer, now that is sad.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Wasn't it McQuaid who boarded Auston just earlier in the shift which caused this fight to happen?

He hit Matthews, but it certainly wasn't a board, just a routine body check. Matthews turned a little to make it look awkward, but no one reacted on the ice and Matthews didn't even look twice or do anything aside from get straight back up from his knee.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Could see that Martin was gassed and he got tagged because of it. Props to Adam for the win from this Leafs fan.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Wasn't it McQuaid who boarded Auston just earlier in the shift which caused this fight to happen? He definitely is a tough mofo (he did take some shots from Matt square on the chin as well)!

When guys this big chuck'em someone is bound to go down when it connects. I agree, I don't like seeing the visor on him (kinda like when Iginla fights) but if someone engages you, and they now have to give you a penalty for taking your helmet off, what are you gonna do?

Watching a guy like Zadorov turtle when he lays out Scheifele a couple of times and doesn't want to answer, now that is sad.

Exactly. These guys are big and very strong, when you get tagged square someone is going down. This time it was Martin. McQuaid also has a height/reach advantage on Martin IIRC.

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
Awesome scrap between two tough mofos. Mcquaid is a bad man. Still want to see him fight Carrier again in a fight where the linesman don't get in between. Good on Martin for going out there and standing up for Matthews but he got fed in this one. Let's hope he bounces back in his next one

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I can't even with this thread.

Martin went after mcquiad, if he picks a fight with a guy with a visor. ITS HIS OWN FAULT.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Sure Martin knew he was wearing a visor but the fact remains wearing the visor gave Mcquaid an unfair advantage.

And Martin hopped the boards after a long rest and fought a guy at the very end of his shift.

Each player had an advantage to exploit in this fight.

Martin lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad