Post-Game Talk: Mcdavid>Winnipeg Jets lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I just don't understand why a lot of coaches, Paul Maurice in particular, when their team has a fairly large lead....in this case after two periods, go into a "defensive shell" basically change what was working so well. (What ever happened to the old saw "a good offence is a good defence"?)Admittedly, a lot of the players did not have their A or even B games including Hellebuyck but I put a lot of the blame for this debacle on the coaches.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Second wave? Both he and Ehlers literally let Nurse walk right by them, Laine waved his stick at him and didn't move his feet at all. If you don't think he could have done more to prevent that then thats on you. How anyone can defend such an effort is beyond me.

His effort was absolutely non-existent tonight. He needs to cut down on the frigging PlayStation time. He looked tired as in not enough sleep.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Second wave? Both he and Ehlers literally let Nurse walk right by them, Laine waved his stick at him and didn't move his feet at all. If you don't think he could have done more to prevent that then thats on you. How anyone can defend such an effort is beyond me.

I’d sit the whole team down and replay the video and lack of effort by Laine and Ehlers on the OT goal ten times!

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

Honestly, watching the replay, my jaw dropped to the floor.
And it's still on floor

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
cheer (1).png

cheer.png

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Paging Blake @#$&ing Wheeler. Wake the bleep up and lead this team.

5 years at 8M right now is a joke with the effort he's put out so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: tntkid and sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Watching McDavid blow by Wheeler was just sad, it’s not just this game either, Wheeler has lost a step.

Reactions: 204hockey

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Little was out of gas when he centered the 4th line for 8mins a game last year. Somehow stats did it.
ehlers and laine had just started playing good in January but by end of year and playoffs they were back to their old tricks again. stats knew this and moved on.

Jetster231

Mar 6, 2018
Epic choke job against an awful team like the Oilers.

This Jets team should be ****ing embarrassed playing like bums against that joke of a team.

The Oilers aren't awful their coach is awful. They have good young players.

Reactions: ujju2

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
This whole sequence must be absolutely infuriating for Maurice.

Maurice has to be smart enough to realize you can’t have both Laine and Ehlers in the ice together in OT or is he!

Rewatched the OT goal a couple times, both Ehlers (dumb dumb pass) and Laine (I’m not trying) own that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad