Post-Game Talk: Mcdavid>Winnipeg Jets lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The Jets could miss the playoffs and be last season's Oilers, they look awful... they looked awful all night after the first 10 minutes.

This will be my only hot take of the year but after watching these 6 games... I believe the Jets will come to regret that Wheeler contract big time in a couple of years.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Trouba with a rough game

Helly was average at best

Copp belongs on the 4th line playing no more than 5-6 minutes a game, guy freezes with the puck

Ehlers and Laine no better defensively than when they first came into the league, effort not there

Roslo, Lowry, Tanev should the third line!

Schief and Wheeler looked slow tonight

Lowry, Tanev, Morrissey and Roslo the best Jets!

tbone1968

Sep 1, 2017
Texas hill country
Total meltdown in the third but as many have pointed out there are some issues right now. Roslo and Connor were dynamite in the A. Put those guys together with Perrault and flip Laine to the 55 line. Little, Ehlers and whoever can play on last line. The second line is so broken its obvious to everyone. Laine and Ehlers should never play together they are soft and giveaway machines. Oh and FFS call Niku up whenever Vaseline goes to the A or Europe.

Reactions: Jack722

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
The Canucks beat TB tonight so they had better not take them lightly next game. I wonder how POed Maurice is right now?
There had better be some crying in that room
Uu0l4Ue.gif

Reactions: ocdaddy

Jetster231

Mar 6, 2018
Team will be fine. Yes they blew it. But they know it. Lesson learned you cannot coast and take a period off. Take the single point and move on. Everybody's expectation is this team should be winning every game 5-1 or else it's a failure. 3 pts out of first in Central. Pick up points anyway you can. A single point was gained

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Ehlers is trying to do what players who struggle with their offense do... try and make it up on defense. IMO Ehlers played OK for the most part defensively and did make a couple of really good plays in our end.

Guess you’re thinking of Ehlers terrible turnover where he hustled his butt to get back on the play and break it up, first thing he’s done well all season!

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Two boneheaded plays cost us the game. The stupid penalty and the stupid OT pass. But most of all it looked like the Jets were taking things for granted. That’s not good.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Why is he playing Laine and ehlers together in overtime. They each need adult supervision. Just like him putting them out after oilers scored the 3rd goal with a face off in our zone. I stopped saying it because Maurice will never do it but break up scheifele and wheeler and put 1 of ehlers and Laine with each of them. Little is out of gas every game by the 3rd just covering up every mistake.

Little was out of gas when he centered the 4th line for 8mins a game last year. Somehow stats did it.

Reactions: ocdaddy

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
He had second wawe. That was on other guys.

I rewatched it and still don’t think he was the main culprit in any way. He had just entered the ice and the play was already developing because of a botched change. Sure he was complete shit the entire game but I don’t see him responsible for that goal.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Oilers fan coming in peace (I know those words are overused). But I'm being completely honest, as an Oilers fan, you guys should not be ripping into your team. Okay, maybe we won tonight, but it's pretty obvious the Jets are by far the better team. Especially after a great season last year, it's too early to be so down on your team, I still see the Jets as a legitimate cup contender. Just my 2 cents which nobody asked for.

The Jets have mailed in their effort all season long.

The collapse tonight is an absolute embarrassment and they need to be held accountable for their lazy unorganized play.

We are honestly lucky to have any wins this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad