Post-Game Talk: Mcdavid>Winnipeg Jets lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Oilers fan coming in peace (I know those words are overused). But I'm being completely honest, as an Oilers fan, you guys should not be ripping into your team. Okay, maybe we won tonight, but it's pretty obvious the Jets are by far the better team. Especially after a great season last year, it's too early to be so down on your team, I still see the Jets as a legitimate cup contender. Just my 2 cents which nobody asked for.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I thought Ehlers had some good moments tonight, was able to get something going with Little. Too bad there were bad things too. Actually, worse than bad. But as usual, he wasn't the only one. Too many tire fires.

Ehlers is trying to do what players who struggle with their offense do... try and make it up on defense. IMO Ehlers played OK for the most part defensively and did make a couple of really good plays in our end.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Buff is arguably the best passer on the team as well as everything else that we know he brings. His absence is huge. Only JMo or Helle would be missed as much...maybe Lowry.
Lemieux had a good game as did JMo and Trouba. Myers stinks and I could crack walnuts with the sphincter every time he is near the puck in the D zone.
I'd bench Ehlers for a game or three and put Vaseline in his place....is Petan in game shape?
Can Poolman be as bad as Myers? Morrow? Chiarot? Samberg and Niku can't develop fast enough if you ask me.
How is Schilling doing for the Moose?
Maybe Buff should have been signed for 6 or 7 instead of 5?

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
giphy.gif

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Oilers fan coming in peace (I know those words are overused). But I'm being completely honest, as an Oilers fan, you guys should not be ripping into your team. Okay, maybe we won tonight, but it's pretty obvious the Jets are by far the better team. Especially after a great season last year, it's too early to be so down on your team, I still see the Jets as a legitimate cup contender. Just my 2 cents which nobody asked for.

We're 3-2-1 so clearly it's time to write off the season. Thanks for trying though :)

Reactions: ujju2

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
This season is going to be interesting.

We may struggle to get in the playoffs if this continues-
Based on what I've see so far, we are over rated.

The 3rd was bad enough but the OT was a disaster.

Surely I'm over reacting but it doesn't feel that way

Reactions: Heldig

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Buff is arguably the best passer on the team as well as everything else that we know he brings. His absence is huge. Only JMo or Helle would be missed as much...maybe Lowry.
Lemieux had a good game as did JMo and Trouba. Myers stinks and I could crack walnuts with the sphincter every time he is near the puck in the D zone.
I'd bench Ehlers for a game or three and put Vaseline in his place....is Petan in game shape?
Can Poolman be as bad as Myers? Morrow? Chiarot? Samberg and Niku can't develop fast enough if you ask me.

And the hot take paragraph of the night goes to:

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Scheifele and Wheeler need to pull their heads out of their butts. Overpassing and dumb dump and chase chips. Wheeler had been atrocious 5 on 5 this year.
this is pissing me off so much.. he thinks because he trains with mcdavid he can stick handle and pass like him now.. chance to shoot passes.. he forgets he has a rocket shot and him and wheeler together try to be so cute until wheeler trips over his own feet as usual LOL

swap ehlers and connor and get our little dutch bastard going again!

buyinnow

Mar 7, 2010
dysfunctional.

4-1. first shift of the 3rd period 55 and 26 get caught with 97 on the ice. odd man rush...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The Canucks beat TB tonight so they had better not take them lightly next game. I wonder how POed Maurice is right now?

Reactions: GNP

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
If this actually continues for the next 5-10 games PoMo needs to send a message to the team by breaking up Scheifele and Wheeler. It would send a message to the team that nothing is untouchable for the purpose of winning-even splitting up the 1st line man crush between Scheifele and Wheeler.

Reactions: 204hockey

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

Too funny :laugh: Thanks for that!

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Morning schedule:

1. Wake up
2. Turn on your lap top in 30 secs after waking up
3. Check Jets game at NHL.com about 30 secs after turning the lap top on
4. Witness score box in the game center to notice that after ~10 secs of checking the game, Oilers score OT winner
5. After further 10-15 secs realize that Jets was already leading 4-1 at some point of the game
6. [horrible 20 secs long litany of blashemies here]
7. Few minutes for reading HFBoards and ranting this comment
8. 2 seconds for opening the morning's first beer can
9. Repeat above 8 as long as there are something to drink
10. Go back to sleep

Jets Sucks Jets!

Reactions: 204hockey

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
this is pissing me off so much.. he thinks because he trains with mcdavid he can stick handle and pass like him now.. chance to shoot passes.. he forgets he has a rocket shot and him and wheeler together try to be so cute until wheeler trips over his own feet as usual LOL

swap ehlers and connor and get our little dutch bastard going again!
Danish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad