Post-Game Talk: Mcdavid>Winnipeg Jets lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopoftheLaine

Apr 21, 2018
Winnipeg
I hate it when they are going into the 3rd with a comfortable lead, they just let themselves get dominated and hope the goalie bails them out.
Sickening to watch.

Also what in the hell was Ehlers thinking with that pass to Scheif in OT. Was pretty obvious Scheif was trying to change. Oh well get em' next time!

Edit: I miss Buff

Reactions: ocdaddy

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Where would the Oilers be if the NHL hadn’t rigged the draft lottery for them?

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Meh, hopefully this is a lesson learned early in the season that we can benefit from, and prevent from happening later in the season. I’m confident there are a lot of voices in the dressing room that will make sure this doesn’t happen again

Reminiscent of the Pavelec days.. just needed one big save

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Whatever is wrong with buff he needs to heal fast apparently we cant function at all.

I'm telling you with the over use of the Lowry line the stupid 1-4 for the 3rd periods the 4th line getting 5mins a game putrid defensive scheme we are going to barely make the playoffs.

Reactions: Board Bard

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
I told my buddies in the summer that this would happen:
The Jets were going to have a slow start in the first 20-30 games due to following:

1. Due to last year’s success, a lack of urgency to their game.
2. Forgetting that they were a defense first team last year and thinking success would come automatically.

It’s happening as predicted! In the second half of the season they will realise their defensive game and sense of urgency. Right now they lack defensive focus and urgency.

The coaching staff should have seen this coming and prepared accordingly.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I can't believe how brutal our defense is without Buff , with Buff it's passable but without Buff or Morrissey this defense stinks . Anytime Wheeler could start the season that would be great as well .:shakehead

JetBrett

May 18, 2018
Hopefully this is an early season wake up call that allows the team to shake off whatever hangover they have from last year. They're better than this I'm sure of it. Having Buff back will help as the D is having a rough go of it.

Lots if players playing below their ability level and I can't believe it's going to last forever and they'll snap out of it.

Way too early to write off the season like some seem to be doing.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I thought Ehlers had some good moments tonight, was able to get something going with Little. Too bad there were bad things too. Actually, worse than bad. But as usual, he wasn't the only one. Too many tire fires.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Why is he playing Laine and ehlers together in overtime. They each need adult supervision. Just like him putting them out after oilers scored the 3rd goal with a face off in our zone. I stopped saying it because Maurice will never do it but break up scheifele and wheeler and put 1 of ehlers and Laine with each of them. Little is out of gas every game by the 3rd just covering up every mistake.

Reactions: RRenegade

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
And the young Jets learn another valuable lesson tonight. Go up 4-1 think they have it made and fall apart in the third. I'm glad they lost this one. Can't be rewarded for a top down collapse of that magnitude.

Maurice: poor coaching in the third switching to a trapping system....

Helle wasn't as sharp as he normally is but didn't get much on the way of breaks.

Scheifele and Wheeler need to pull their heads out of their butts. Overpassing and dumb dump and chase chips. Wheeler had been atrocious 5 on 5 this year.

Not going to comment on the others.

Reactions: folix

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Brutal. Makes me believe it is possible they miss the playoffs. I know, it is still so early but there are some very disturbing trends with this team.

Reactions: purdy44

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Even Strength points:

Connor: 3
Scheifele: 1
Wheeler: 1
Laine: 1
Ehlers: 1
Little: 1

Reactions: KB1971

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
3zYM9Nq.png

Reactions: SUX2BU

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
No more Myers and Morrow, please. Myers sucked most the game but really cranked it up when we were tied. Morrow has been atrocious.

Laine is a huge dissapointment right now. Turnover machine, soft as butter getting outmuscled for all pucks by guys half his size, slooowwwwwwwww.

What a huge dissapointment this game was.

Put Myers with Kulikov, scratch Morrow and bring up Poolman.

So pissed.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
Horrible game from the first line today. Okay some good posession plays but taking too long shifts and should done something on 5v5 due to high icetime. Also powerplay had problem getting it going. Maybe should try Little to get faceoffs and replace Connor with him. And Scheif plus Wheeler giving up possession so easily on overtime and going to change at bad time. Ehlers should done more on Nurse.

CLT was really good and Myers was also positive in my books.

Last edited:
Reactions: 204hockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad