Post-Game Talk: Mcdavid>Winnipeg Jets lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Yes, there are limits, but I think they should be doing more to correct obvious mistakes being repeated. Like, Ben, we've noticed a tendency on your part to needlessly ice the puck while under no pressure, how about we spend some time working on that? Or Tyler, we've noticed a tendency on your part to trip over your own feet like a clumsy giraffe, how about we spend some time working on that?

OK, being a little flippant here, but you get my point?
Yes I get it, but as the saying goes, "you can't fix stupid".

Also, if I have to coach an 11 year NHL vet how to not trip over himself......I'm probably already f***ed.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The Jets may miss Enstrom, but they miss Buff more.
Either Morrow or Chiarot can play with Buff. They are not good as a pair. Chia and Kuli are not good as a pair. Kuli and Myers are good as a 3rd pair. Morrow and Myers are not.

With Buff out, there is no way to construct an adequate 2nd pair and the 3rd pair is also buggered.

Oh hell yes Buff is the missing piece for now.

This run without Buff is also a form of a test drive of a Troubaless Jets next season and I am not liking how it looks two have only 2 top 4 D assets.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
It’s after midnight in my neck of the woods and no Coyotes Pre-GDT?

It’s almost time for the GDT.

Really looking forward to the 10pm start time!!!

Last year we built some steam until an absolute beat down of the Pens that launched our awesome season. Hoping that happens soon for the 2018-19 Jets.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
It’s after midnight in my neck of the woods and no Coyotes Pre-GDT?

It’s almost time for the GDT.

Really looking forward to the 10pm start time!!!

Last year we built some steam until an absolute beat down of the Pens that launched our awesome season. Hoping that happens soon for the 2018-19 Jets.
Haha you requested a PGT just before the actual game day, in the post game thread of a game two games ago!!

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Oh hell yes Buff is the missing piece for now.

This run without Buff is also a form of a test drive of a Troubaless Jets next season and I am not liking how it looks two have only 2 top 4 D assets.

We better hope Niku and Samberg can be difference makers. I’m optimistic but it’s a scary thought when Chiarot and Morrow are every day players.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We better hope Niku and Samberg can be difference makers. I’m optimistic but it’s a scary thought when Chiarot and Morrow are every day players.

With our new cap realities I get it but after our top 3 this D core is not good enough now and we can function as is but once we lose one of the top 3 we lose the entire second pair and that is not going to work against the top teams.

IMO Niku and Samberg will help at some point but it would be a stretch for me to count on that next season. The Trouba asset managment result will be critical here.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
With our new cap realities I get it but after our top 3 this D core is not good enough now and we can function as is but once we lose one of the top 3 we lose the entire second pair and that is not going to work against the top teams.

IMO Niku and Samberg will help at some point but it would be a stretch for me to count on that next season. The Trouba asset managment result will be critical here.

I think most teams operate with a d corps of 3 very good defenceman and 3 "whatever we can get in there" due to the cap. There are exceptions like Nashville, of course. But it's not unusual.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I think most teams operate with a d corps of 3 very good defenceman and 3 "whatever we can get in there" due to the cap. There are exceptions like Nashville, of course. But it's not unusual.

I agree - I'd argue that there are cup contenders and winners that have operated with less. The forwards need to contribute, play properly down low, and breakout support is absolutely crucial.

I get your concern @ps241, but I think there's more than one way to chase the cup. If Niku can start contributing at the NHL level, we've got a very reasonable d-corp.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

I'd hope that Niku would help this season.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I agree - I'd argue that there are cup contenders and winners that have operated with less. The forwards need to contribute, play properly down low, and breakout support is absolutely crucial.

I get your concern @ps241, but I think there's more than one way to chase the cup. If Niku can start contributing at the NHL level, we've got a very reasonable d-corp.

Well I like your optimism so I will joyfully cheer for you to be right about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->