Injury Report: McDavid out 2-3 weeks

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Can a Charlie horse be that serious of an injury? Yes, especially for McDavid who has recently recovered from knee ligament damage.

Watch again the extensive physiotherapy that McDavid does in Whatever It Takes. Notice how the majority of the exercises are strengthening his quad and focusing on his balance using his quad/stabilizer muscles. That's how important those muscles are for protection of the knee ligaments. It would be foolish to put McDavid into game situations without a completely healthy quad muscle because then he increases his chances of blowing out a ligament again.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Can a Charlie horse be that serious of an injury? Yes, especially for McDavid who has recently recovered from knee ligament damage.

Watch again the extensive physiotherapy that McDavid does in Whatever It Takes. Notice how the majority of the exercises are strengthening his quad and focusing on his balance using his quad/stabilizer muscles. That's how important those muscles are for protection of the knee ligaments. It would be foolish to put McDavid into game situations without a completely healthy quad muscle because then he increases his chances of blowing out a ligament again.
Someone mentioned it earlier, but it's like when they get "sick" it's not just then feel crappy for a few days, they lose weight and amazingly sick. It's the same with a charliehorse. It's not just my thigh is sore, it's a very deep bruise that basically makes the leg feel dead.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Looking good in those videos! What a relief...
Now sign Bear to a 3.5 x 7 years, then put him on the Power play.
A couple wins later, Draisaitl at 100 points, McDavid rejoins.
Head into playoffs healthy and win cup, I see it all so clear now.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Looking good in those videos! What a relief...
Now sign Bear to a 3.5 x 7 years, then put him on the Power play.
A couple wins later, Draisaitl at 100 points, McDavid rejoins.
Head into playoffs healthy and win cup, I see it all so clear now.

I wish I had my like button back for this but I love this so much!

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
C9199ED1-F369-4300-8FC5-EAA91FA4874D.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad