Injury Report: McDavid out 2-3 weeks

duul

Jun 21, 2010
9 days? He hasn't even been on the ice yet. A couple weeks straight off the ice due to a THIGH injury (allegedly) which is the part of your body that lets you skate...uh...I have a feeling it would take at minimum a week to get back into game form after he starts skating again no?

I'd be surprised if he's back in 9 days. Try 3-4 weeks, and that's if the injury is what they say it is.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
9 days? He hasn't even been on the ice yet. A couple weeks straight off the ice due to a THIGH injury (allegedly) which is the part of your body that lets you skate...uh...I have a feeling it would take at minimum a week to get back into game form after he starts skating again no?

I'd be surprised if he's back in 9 days. Try 3-4 weeks, and that's if the injury is what they say it is.
Yes, but you assume they've amputated his leg and just won't tell us.

Reactions: Bones2079 and frag2

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Uggh. Sounds like just a typical nasty quad injury.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Original timeline was 2 to 3 weeks. 9 days, if true, is still in that vicinity.

I think with how fast his knee healed everyone had slightly unreal expectations.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
9 days I’m content with . That’s good news.

I keep having this horrible feeling we’re gonna see “McDavid out long term” news and they lied to us and it’s more serious.

So once again, 9 days is fine .

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Shaddup my god.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

I'm guessing he retires

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

So it's at the far end of the original diagnosis.

What charley horse ever takes 3 weeks to heal? Never heard of this before. Again, it certainly seems like it is something more serious than they originally let on. He was supposed to get more tests yesterday, and now today we here he is out for another week and a half. This after people were speculating he'd be back on Friday. Sounds like they saw something in those tests yesterday that they didn't like.

None of this sounds like a charley horse.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey

What charley horse ever takes 3 weeks to heal? Never heard of this before. Again, it certainly seems like it is something more serious than they originally let on. He was supposed to get more tests yesterday, and now today we here he is out for another week and a half. This after people were speculating he'd be back on Friday. Sounds like they saw something in those tests yesterday that they didn't like.

Do teams ever give specific details of injuries to their star players right before the playoffs?

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006

Sounds exactly like a charley horse to me. lol. We arent talking to ones that you get muscles spasms for a few hours and you're good to go. There are worse ones where you actually have a big fat bruise and your leg feels dead. 3 weeks is normal for those ones. God forbid its one of those worse ones out there that actually need surgery and you need blood drained.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Going on the road trip myself, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:ing Stauffer getting me excited that he'd be back with plenty of time to spare

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
Guys like Stauffer just make stuff up so they can get a headline or a tweet? Annoying as hell

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sounds exactly like a charley horse to me. lol. We arent talking to ones that you get muscles spasms for a few hours and you're good to go. There are worse ones where you actually have a big fat bruise and your leg feels dead. 3 weeks is normal for those ones. God forbid its one of those worse ones out there that actually need surgery and you need blood drained.

If you believe it's a charley horse

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
So in hindsight, playing the rest of that game likely cost him a good week or more

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Don't your remember Charlie Huddy? He had charley horse problems when he was with us. It wasn't a 1 week problem. He was one of those that needed surgery on his charley horse.

Yeah, that does actually ring a bell.

Again, I don't necessarily believe it is a charley horse. The team hasn't given us any reason to believe them. It is just as likely that it is related to his knee imo

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

They predicted 2-3 weeks. Where are you getting 4 weeks from?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad