Injury Report: McDavid out 2-3 weeks

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Do you have a link for this? I haven't heard anything.

I think you should really take off that tin foil hat and chill a bit, man.
There was a thread on here last week with a compilation of stories. From McDavid, to Souray, to Stoll, etc. Neal and others having significant setbacks in their injuries. I don't think it is very tinfoiley.

Oct 15, 2008
You really have an axe to grind there buddy. It doesn’t sound like you want him back in order to prove yourself right.
giphy.gif

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Or it means he had already planned to meet with the Oilers personnel when they returned from their roadtrip as planned the day after the injury occured.

Look, I'm beginning to sound a bit pessimistic. I want him to be healthy ASAP. The issue is we've understandably lost trust in the organizations ability to tell the truth. Not only that, serious questions have arose about the capability of the teams medical staff. I'll leave it at that. Hope he is good to go in a week or so, but damn...he could just as easily be done for the season.

You don't sound pessimistic, you sound ridiculous and it's not the first time.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He's lying. He's looking for ways to a) insult the Oilers or b) be more pessimistic to upset Oiler fans

He says Hall is coming back this summer and implied Oilers get Toffoli...even said remember his post

Well find out about the latter in a week.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
On the injury thread, somebody mentioned that Stauffer said McDavid is likely back against Minnesota. Did anybody else hear that?

I didn't hear that specifically, but I know on Friday he intimated that McDavid would be back sooner than expected.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I didn't hear that specifically, but I know of Friday he intimated that McDavid would be back sooner than expected.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure 2-3 weeks was a worst case scenario, so they wouldn't disappoint people if he was actually out that long.

Guy played regular shifts after the injury, it's not like his leg was hanging off the joint. If it was the playoffs he probably wouldn't have even missed a game.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
There was a thread on here last week with a compilation of stories. From McDavid, to Souray, to Stoll, etc. Neal and others having significant setbacks in their injuries. I don't think it is very tinfoiley.
Well, according to that documentary, it was possible that McDavid could have missed half a season or more after the Giordano hit, so I'd say they must have done one hell of a job. So yes, you are freaking out a bit here.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Or it means he had already planned to meet with the Oilers personnel when they returned from their roadtrip as planned the day after the injury occured.

Look, I'm beginning to sound a bit pessimistic. I want him to be healthy ASAP. The issue is we've understandably lost trust in the organizations ability to tell the truth. Not only that, serious questions have arose about the capability of the teams medical staff. I'll leave it at that. Hope he is good to go in a week or so, but damn...he could just as easily be done for the season.
Shirley you can’t be serious?

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
The Mc-D injury is a blessing in disguise because the Oilers now believe that they could win the division even without him so when he gets back most of the Oiler forwards are far more confident and 20% better. The label of "the big 3 plus the AHL team" ceases to be a realistic tag.
Like in Hondo when John Wayne throws the squirt in the water. Sink or learn to swim buddy!

Reactions: JordanGalhanth

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Yeah, I'm pretty sure 2-3 weeks was a worst case scenario, so they wouldn't disappoint people if he was actually out that long.

Guy played regular shifts after the injury, it's not like his leg was hanging off the joint. If it was the playoffs he probably wouldn't have even missed a game.

We just have to wait and see. The dangerous part of any contusion is the swelling piece. Just have to wait for it to go down so mobility can return the that part of his leg. It's less about the injury itself and more about limiting the exposure to the possibility of a much more serious injury.

Lots of speculation from some posters that he re-hurt his knee but he wouldn't have been able to finish the game if he had and he certainly wouldn't have been able to skate properly. I can understand the skepticism based on past events, but the likelihood of some serious and menacing issue here is very low. We just have to wait and see either way but the most likely possibility is that it is indeed just a quad contusion and they're waiting for the swelling to go down.

Reactions: Cloned

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
And have some AHL goon try and take him out to make a name for himself? No thanks.

Fair enough. I’d just like to see him dangle players of Manning-like or less quality. I think AHL dmen would literally shit their pants if they saw McDaddy coming down on them.

Thomas Tatar

Fair enough. I’d just like to see him dangle players of Manning-like or less quality. I think AHL dmen would literally **** their pants if they saw McDaddy coming down on them.

To RG79's point, remember the last time McDavid played against a Manning-like player? In fact he was so Manning-like, he was Manning, and he broke his collar bone. What's even more ludicrous was that Chia traded for him! Wow, you couldn't make that shit up.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Didn't Stauffer say McDavid would be back vs LA (Sunday) at the latest? How did Shannon get other info?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad