Injury Report: McDavid out 2-3 weeks

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I obviously don't mind being made fun of for being overly paranoid about injuries. I make fun of myself for this very point all the time. Anybody looking at my post history would know this. You regularly make personal attack posts about me though.

It's not a personal attack. It's a general frustration posters have when it comes to injuries and having the discussion become about your outlandish predictions opposed to the reality of the situation.

Reactions: frag2

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
The severity of mcdavids injury.

What's funny, is that I eventually convinced myself that the oilers, even with their terrible history on the matter, wouldn't lie about a generational players injury. Even the OILERS wouldn't be so dumb, but yet here we are. So the one time I tried giving them the benefit of the doubt, against my nature, I was wrong. Lol, can't win for trying :)
what did they say or lie about other than the initial reports "weren't that bad?" after the 1st MRI (which didn't catch the full tear of the PCL)

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Great news all around. I'm actually in town with my kid for his first NHL game ever. It would be fantastic if he was playing tomorrow, as my kid would love it. I'm not sure my kid is buying my "drai is just as good as mcdavid routine" I'm feeding him, lol
So you're an adult? wow lol

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
The healing succ power of Lauren.

DarkPracticalAlabamamapturtle-small.gif

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Coming from king cryer of blaming McDavid for stuff in the past.

Glad someone said it.

People get on Jaded for being wildly negative when it comes to injuries, which I find as annoying as anyone, but when he's wrong he owns up to it. It doesn't actually hurt anyone.

Edit: And I should mention, people make fun of him when he's wrong but he's a good sport about it in my experience.

PerformanceMcOil

Aug 2, 2005
Glad someone said it.

People get on Jaded for being wildly negative when it comes to injuries, which I find as annoying as anyone, but when he's wrong he owns up to it. It doesn't actually hurt anyone.

In the context of talking about hockey on a message board, it isn't harmful, no. But ignoring all available evidence based on the premise that you have been lied to before (and not acknowledging the difference between being wrong based on incomplete information and being lied to), is a very dangerous attitude to have. It allows someone to selectively disbelieve anything they want.

Opinions are things like "I prefer waffles over pancakes." The idea that the Oilers consciously lie about injuries (rather than are just wrong or vague at times) and do so often enough that we should automatically assume everything they say is a lie, even if it goes contrary to the evidence we can observe, is something that is either objectively true or not. It is not just an opinion. Either support it with evidence, or stop claiming it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->