Injury Report: McDavid out 2-3 weeks

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
This dude is Wolverine. Knee explodes and he makes the October season opener. Whatever time table they give on Mcdavid hes always weeks ahead of schedule. Ah to be young again.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
This dude is Wolverine. Knee explodes and he makes the October season opener. Whatever time table they give on Mcdavid hes always weeks ahead of schedule. Ah to be young again.
don't go over the top here lol it was a charlie horse and he even skated the day after he got it so it never was serious at all. He just needed time off it.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
don't go over the top here lol it was a charlie horse and he even skated the day after he got it so it never was serious at all. He just needed time off it.

He was close to missing an entire season and decided to take a alternate experimental route that involved being a fish for 12 hours a day. He was close to injuring the already pre injured knee but got lucky that it ended up being the quad.

I don't think people realize how lucky he was and how close this season was to being a wash for this team again.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
He was close to missing an entire season and decided to take a alternate experimental route that involved being a fish for 12 hours a day. He was close to injuring the already pre injured knee but got lucky that it ended up being the quad.

I don't think people realize how lucky he was and how close this season was to being a wash for this team again.

This bit is based on what exactly?

PCL injuries are incredibly rare. That's why he took the experimental route, because surgeons don't have experience repairing the PCL like they do the MCL/ACL. Injuring his PCL involved a weird bend. No bend occured with this fall. He was on the ice seconds after the hit. He came back to that game. He practiced. Nobody was ever, at any point, seriously concerned that he injured his PCL except online google doctors.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016

wasn't talking about his injury last year. I am talking about his minor charlie horse injury he had. He just needed a bit of time off it. You people over analyze everything and you think the Oilers owe you every answer. The bottom line he even skated hard and went on a breakaway after that charlie horse injury in the same game. Then he skated the next day and had an mri and they decided he need to rest it a bit. It was not a serious injury and people on here need to stop playing internet doctors.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
This bit is based on what exactly?

PCL injuries are incredibly rare. That's why he took the experimental route, because surgeons don't have experience repairing the PCL like they do the MCL/ACL. Injuring his PCL involved a weird bend. No bend occured with this fall. He was on the ice seconds after the hit. He came back to that game. He practiced. Nobody was ever, at any point, seriously concerned that he injured his PCL except online google doctors.
exactly, there was never any concern from any rational person that it was even remotely related to his injury last year. It was a damn Charlie horse lol

Reactions: SK13

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
MV5BOTk5ZjYyZTMtYzYwOC00NmJiLTk1OGQtZTMxY2I1YWQ3ZjJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,45,480,270_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

Did you believe the team last year? I didn't. But yes, you are smart and I am dumb, keep thinking that

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Did you believe the team last year? I didn't. But yes, you are smart and I am dumb, keep thinking that

I don't think you're dumb, but if you're going to make constant exaggerated posts about a variety of topics, you're going to be the butt of some jokes.

Reactions: TB12

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Great news all around. I'm actually in town with my kid for his first NHL game ever. It would be fantastic if he was playing tomorrow, as my kid would love it. I'm not sure my kid is buying my "drai is just as good as mcdavid routine" I'm feeding him, lol

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I don't think you're dumb, but if you're going to make constant exaggerated posts about a variety of topics, you're going to be the butt of some jokes.

I obviously don't mind being made fun of for being overly paranoid about injuries. I make fun of myself for this very point all the time. Anybody looking at my post history would know this. You regularly make personal attack posts about me though.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Hah. I'm just happy that the team was telling the truth this time
Seriously?? they owe you nothing. They themself didn't know how serious it was until later and they have no obligation to tell you anything . They didn't lie and nobody knew how it would turn out exactly. Who are you anyway? You are just a fan like me who is concerned about a star players injury but the Oilers job is to protect their star player and get him the best treatment which they did. The Edmonton Oilers did nothing wrong in this situation and only a true irrational person would think this charlie horse had anything to do with his injury last year. He was skating and creating chances in that game right after he hit the boards and he even skated next day at practice. Everyone knew it was nothing structual and just a charlie horse except a few irrational people on here. Hell, Mcdavid himself said it was just a charlie horse.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
believe them about what?

The severity of mcdavids injury.

What's funny, is that I eventually convinced myself that the oilers, even with their terrible history on the matter, wouldn't lie about a generational players injury. Even the OILERS wouldn't be so dumb, but yet here we are. So the one time I tried giving them the benefit of the doubt, against my nature, I was wrong. Lol, can't win for trying :)

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Seriously?? they owe you nothing. They themself didn't know how serious it was until later and they have no obligation to tell you anything . They didn't lie and nobody knew how it would turn out exactly. Who are you anyway? You are just a fan like me who is concerned about a star players injury but the Oilers job is to protect their star player and get him the best treatment which they did. The Edmonton Oilers did nothing wrong in this situation and only a true irrational person would think this charlie horse had anything to do with his injury last year. He was skating and creating chances in that game right after he hit the boards and he even skated next day at practice. Everyone knew it was nothing structual and just a charlie horse except a few irrational people on here. Hell, Mcdavid himself said it was just a charlie horse.

Nope, they don't owe me, or anybody else, anything. But that doesn't mean that, after being lied to, that I should believe them in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad