TSN: McDavid Gets Suspended for 2 Games for High Hit on Leddy

What type of punishment does McDavid get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010

I understand him here. The league wants to give a message that everyone is treated equal, which in theory is great. Then you watch him game after game and the only special treatment is that the refs are unwilling to call stuff on him. They just pick in choose certain suspensions to call. I like that hits to the head are automatic 2 games but then you watch what has happened to him there is so much worse.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I understand him here. The league wants to give a message that everyone is treated equal, which in theory is great. Then you watch him game after game and the only special treatment is that the refs are unwilling to call stuff on him. They just pick in choose certain suspensions to call. I like that hits to the head are automatic 2 games but then you watch what has happened to him there is so much worse.
Except player safety and officiating probably aren't even on the same page or close to it. They really need to get their shit together and hopefully McDavid brought some light to it (or his agent). I don't know what agents all do for their players, but someone needs to step up soon. Nobody is going to take Bob seriously.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Guess we are getting what you would expect from a goon running DoPS. Quick to suspend star players that he was probably jealous of his whole career, but protects his buddies and "tough" players, except super obvious guys that are trying to end careers like Wilson.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
So nothing from the POS NHL DOPS?

Go SMOKE a guy as hard as you can in the head when the guy does not expect it.

No problem Perry

If he is not suspended, I hope to god Nurse just takes a 1 game. grab him and beat the living snot out of him. Don't wait for Perry. Pound the living sh** out of him until the refs get you off.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We shoud recall Polei for the next Anaheim game if we are completely out of the playoff picture. Give him a chance to get a taste of the NHL and wreck some ****ers.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
So nothing from the POS NHL DOPS?

Go SMOKE a guy as hard as you can in the head when the guy does not expect it.

No problem Perry

If he is not suspended, I hope to god Nurse just takes a 1 game. grab him and beat the living snot out of him. Don't wait for Perry. Pound the living sh** out of him until the refs get you off.
Nurse is probably aware that because of the time he did that to Polak he will be watched like a hawk for similar things. I guarantee if he does that and the regular suspension is 3 games, he will get 15. Especially because they know Perry got away with a suspension here.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
That comment is somewhat uncharacteristic of McDavid but I applaud him for it. The stuff that guys get away with vs McDavid just because of game management is ridiculous. With the two ref system you can't dismiss it as missed calls. It is 100% intentional.

Reactions: MikeYEG

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
With as much scrutiny the DOPS is under after the McDavid suspension to totally ignore the Perry elbow last night is disgusting.

What a joke of a league
I hope a player actually draws attention to it, pretty easy to just sweep it under the rug when its just fans ranting.

Reactions: MikeYEG

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Looks like there won't be an automatic hearing. Dreger announced the likely hearing for McDavid at something like 5AM. I know it's a Sunday but if we haven't heard anything by now I don't see it happening.

Well at least there is rule 28.1
"If an investigation is requested by a Club or by the League on its own initiative, it must be initiated within twenty-four (24) hours following the completion of the game in which the incident occurred."

Nicholson and Gretzky should be pressuring the (*&$# out of DoPS for a response to this hit.

Reactions: The Nuge

BeanBurrito

Nov 8, 2018
So, seems the NHL closed their eyes, covered their ears and went "lalalalala!" on the Perry headshot?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad