TSN: McDavid Gets Suspended for 2 Games for High Hit on Leddy

What type of punishment does McDavid get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
How about Simmonds on Dumoulin last night? Left his feet, shoulder to head, concussion, no penalty, no suspension. Un******believeable!

Reactions: TheRebuild

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
As expected, Parros protects his boi

No conflict here.
Corey+Perry+George+Parros+Anaheim+Ducks+Kick+Hvc4JsfNROsl.jpg

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Well Nurse should have dealt with Perry on the spot.

The NHL will not protect players so its time for them to do it themselves

I'm sure he was trying to but Perry instantly went into turtle mode and the refs were probably rushing over to jump in for Perry anyways

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
Idk, Perry is still a big guy. I think the only players who can realistically handle him are Nurse and Lucic on our team. Lucic probably won't do anything, so... Guess Darnell's on his own.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Corey Perry

I don't think Perry would go with Kassian or Nurse. He almost always gets worked over when he fights players his own size. Pavel Datsyuk won a fight against him.

Perry is a first class rat but can’t throw down with anyone. Seasons over by then. Nurse won’t forget. That game could be a good one.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Idk, Perry is still a big guy. I think the only players who can realistically handle him are Nurse and Lucic on our team. Lucic probably won't do anything, so... Guess Darnell's on his own.

Like i said before if someone grabs Perry (Hell if i grabbed the guy and i'm an out of shape 5'10 30 year old) he instantly turtles. Dude is a bitch and would turtle if he gently brushed up against a broom.

Connorrhea

Sep 17, 2005
Complete hypocrisy this league is! What's the difference between a head shot and a punch to the face? NONE! They are both targeting the head so basically every fight players should be suspended instead of getting 5 minutes for fighting....what Corey Perry did was dirty as *&^) with an intent to injure. He punched Nurse square in the face while Nurse was already falling backward with his head about to hit the ice, that is 10 times more dangerous than what McDavid did and Perry was once suspended 4 games for a head shot. George Parros, his old buddy is in charge so go figure, what a disgraceful committee.

Reactions: McDrai and MikeYEG

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
March 30 also known as beat the **** out of Corey Perry day. If the league isn't going to take matters into their own hands then we will

If there both out of the playoff picture it could be a chippy one for sure!

I read a lot of HF Ducks fans saying stuff like "it was a forearm, not an elbow", "Nurse embellished", "it was ratty, not dirty", etc.
Will be interesting to see if Nurse, Lucic, Kas, and Co. offer up a few forearms on March 30. I mean we're basically talking about hitting guys in the face during double-teams on the boards.

It's hard to swallow the McDavid suspension with the Perry and Simmonds plays so soon after, but at least we can take solace that Toronto upheld the no-goal call with several Ducks players on the Oiler goaltender again.

Reactions: McDrai

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
The suspension might have a galvanizing effect on the team down the stretch. They manned up and got points with out Connor and it feels like an us against the world mentality may have these guys playing with a burr under their saddle the rest of the way. Probably not enough to get in the playoff mix but I think they will play well down the stretch.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The suspension might have a galvanizing effect on the team down the stretch. They manned up and got points with out Connor and it feels like an us against the world mentality may have these guys playing with a burr under their saddle the rest of the way. Probably not enough to get in the playoff mix but I think they will play well down the stretch.

The boys did their best to hold the fort, Connor got 2 games and I assume practices off to heal up, rest and get ready to tear the league a new asshole. Add to the trade deadline when no players were added (management doesn't believe that you guys are good enough to warrant more help) and how bodies weren't moved out even when they should (you guys have no value around the league). And IMO this could and should be one pissed off team with a chip on their shoulders.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
So Perry give Nurse a flying elbow, with intent to injure, and not even a penalty let alone fine/suspension

Chara shoulder's Kane's head into oblivion, again, looks intentional. Probably won't even be considered for a hearing

Both those guys have a history of dirty play, both plays were intentional and much worse than McDavid's unintentional shoulder shot.
Yet both get away scot-free while the best player in the NHL that is full of humility and humanity gets the hammer.
What an embarrassment to the integrity of sports in general

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->