TSN: McDavid Gets Suspended for 2 Games for High Hit on Leddy

What type of punishment does McDavid get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I'm down with it. Connor knows and states the check wasn't the best one, not what he intended. he acknowledges an infraction. Of course he's not going to answer the question in the interview (**** the press here is stupid) asking if he thinks the NHL will review that? My lord, why is a home reporter asking that loaded question?

The plus side of this is it doesn't really matter. Its 2 less dismal games that Connor needs to be a part of, the scoring race is over, playoffs is over, completely inconsequential, and gives Connor some R & R.

I'd rather he can sit in what has already been a trying season than be immersed in every last drop of disappointment.

Watch Drai two hand somebody in the head now so he can get 5-10 games and be with Celeste Desjardins. I'm jk, kinda...I won't say what I would do...;)

I'm pretty indifferent on the suspension too. Sucks he has a record, but he would have a record if there was a just a fine too, oh well.

I'm looking forward to seeing this team try to accomplish something without him to be honest. There is still too much of waiting for McDavid to do stuff in this group. More chances they have to prove they can get something done without him is not a bad thing for them, and not a bad thing for management to evaluate the players to get ready for next year.

And hey, if we lose anyways, better lottery odds and a better chance to give the league and other teams fans the finger :)

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
This is the first I've seen/heard of this. (Missed much of the game.)

Whatever, lost season so it doesn't matter. In my view, though, it's a two minute penalty.

Of course, my standard is Messier.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Let's just get this season over with. Just the butterfly effect from a terrible GM and upper middle lower class management.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
the Fact they suspended him is whatever, the fact they are so inconsistent with their suspensions is why the NHL will always be a second rate league compared to the others.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
I am somewhat surprised the league is supporting the Oilers 12th annual race to the bottom. They didn't seem too happy about them lotto wins.

Oh well. Tanking is the only reason I'm not mad about this bizarre 2-game suspension of the NHL's poster child.

Reactions: dsi

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I am somewhat surprised the league is supporting the Oilers 12th annual race to the bottom. They didn't seem too happy about them lotto wins.

Oh well. Tanking is the only reason I'm not mad about this bizarre 2-game suspension of the NHL's poster child.
The decision is complete guano.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Two games is ridiculous. No intent, no record, and it resulted in no injury at all to 'victim'. But he gets pushed in the numbers in Anaheim, an equally if not more dangerous play that could've resulted in a long-term injury, again, and not even a penalty let alone suspension/fine.
They're using his prestige as a player and making an example of him, so the rest of the league gets put on notice regarding head shots.
But ignore the rest of league/fans that are fed up with the inconsistency of the officiating, which is ruining the integrity of the game.
Ass-backwards league :thumbd:

Whatever. This could be good for the team. Nuge looked like a #1 center against Arizona, but had a meh game yesterday when McDavid returned. Draisaitl probably dying to prove he can win games on his back too, without Connor in the line-up. They lost both games McDavid was out this season, so everyone in that locker room should be out to prove to the rest of the league that they are good enough to win without their Captain. It'll give us ammo to retaliate on the haters too

He's going to come out like a bat out of hell in Toronto. I hope he destroys the leafs

Panthera

Sep 25, 2017
On an unrelated note, the Oilers are calling up a new player for the next two games and he will wear 79.

Name is David McConnor.

I think I've heard of that guy. Played junior for the Creepy Beavers or something, right?

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
On an unrelated note, the Oilers are calling up a new player for the next two games and he will wear 79.

Name is David McConnor.

Heard this guy has wheels. Would be nice to add some much needed speed on this team.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
The nhl is taking over and doing Edmonton's rebuild.

:clap:

Someone had to do it.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
OK, hit to the head = 2 games. Then make it the rule of law rather than the subjective bullshit DPOS uses that got Malkin and Kucherov off the hook. Make it consistent.
While they are at it and if they are so worried about "player safety" which they are not, then hits from behind that pretzel a players neck and back should be 2 games at the minimum.
And then they can start calling all the bullshit McDavid has to put up with on a game in game out basis. There is a rule book and standard they are using, then f***ing use it all the time.

Reactions: TB12 and TheRebuild

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
I think the big reason he got 2 was the fact that there is a clear video angle of him looking straight at Leddy for like 2.5 seconds as he coasts in for the hit. Leaves little doubt as to intent. I have every sympathy for Connor getting screwed by the officiating game in and game out, but it's hard to believe that a guy who can dangle through three defenders and put a puck through puck-shaped hole from 40 feet out doesn't know exactly where the first point of contact is going to be on Leddy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad