GDT: May the Fourth Be With Us Game|CBJ vs Bruins|5-4-19|7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Did Bob get out of his funk though?
Didn’t seem like it.
Tonight was classic playoff Bob, flopping around like a fish, giving up goals that shouldn’t be goals.

It sure wasn't his best night, but I didn't think he was in playoff Bob mode. He made a ton of outstanding sides. Having said that, he's wasn't Vezina Bob either.

We have to play better as a team for sure.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Haven't read all the posts since the Jackets tied it, but some thoughts after watching things more closely after getting home:
-Seth got caught pinching on the third goal, whereas Pasternak beat Panarin (who was probably winded and had just been accosted by 3 players) on the 4th.
- Just didn't get the bounces at the end. 2 posts in the last minute and Cam just couldn't get that last shot lifted.
- It was kind of weird how their goalie was shifting his left leg there on that Atkinson shot in the last minute. Made me wonder if the puck went under it, but couldn't see it.
- The only dumb*** decision that aggravated me was Anderson blowing that 2 on 1 with Panarin. He JUST HAS to get that puck to Panarin with the ice open like that.
- Foligno just can't pot anything. He is what he is- well overpaid.
- Difference in the game: Bos made Jackets pay on two 2 on 1s (edit: last one was a 3 on 2), CBJ blew its golden chance there with just a few minutes left, and then bad puck luck in the last minute.

Last edited:

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
- The only dumb*** decision that aggravated me was Anderson blowing that 2 on 1 with Panarin. He JUST HAS to get that puck to Panarin with the ice open like that.
This is his program. I love Andy, if you read other teams boards everyone wants him. But he has 2 programs installed into him, drive to the net in full speed and shoot - or drive behind the net in full speed and lose the puck. If he will have 3 guys on him and goalie set for his shot and his partner alone in front of the open net, he will still shoot.

- Foligno just can't pot anything. He is what he is- well overpaid.
The core, my ass. This black hole of offence spent 5+ minutes on PP in game4. ugh.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Did Bob get out of his funk though?

Didn’t seem like it.

Tonight was classic playoff Bob, flopping around like a fish, giving up goals that shouldn’t be goals.
Let's talk about other 2 playoff chokers? Fligs and Cam? shall we?

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
This is his program. I love Andy, if you read other teams boards everyone wants him. But he has 2 programs installed into him, drive to the net in full speed and shoot - or drive behind the net in full speed and lose the puck. If he will have 3 guys on him and goalie set for his shot and his partner alone in front of the open net, he will still shoot.

You probably called it, but that's the play that I'm going to be muttering about the next two days and possibly the entire offseason. You have one of the deadliest players in the entire league in open ice... get him the puck, Andy. Just a massive missed opportunity.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Let's talk about other 2 playoff chokers? Fligs and Cam? shall we?

Yeah, I can't complain about Bob too much. You'd have liked to see him stop at least one of those last two goals, but as it was he was beaten handily on both of them.

Fligs was a classic "buy high" who is paid twice what he should be thanks to a big deal signed in the midst of a career season. Good locker room guy but he's a puzzle with a missing piece. Cam has been horrible all series but was better the last few minutes.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Incredible effort to try and erase 20 years of being the Jackets in 10 minutes of game play. It was too much. But hopefully this is a start.

So I expect tonight to have been a last gasp. But there have been things I expected this postseason because ‘Jackets’ that have not come to pass.

I think the posters here are trying that. The players, no, they don't even know who Lasse Pirjeta is.

Dumb Nuck

Apr 17, 2015
North Vancouver
Which of the last 3 goals did you think he could get? I don't think either Pasta goal was remotely stoppable. Perfectly placed shots.

First goal was bad, the third and forth were great shots but if he saved either the outcome could have been way better. Saving either would have been a great save but that’s what goalies need to do in the playoffs. He did seem slightly out of position on both goals as well.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think the last 10 minutes shows that if we “play hockey”, we’re a damn good team that can play with anyone. When we “play the Bruins”, we look terrible.

What does "play hockey" mean? What about "play the Bruins"? I'm not disagreeing with you, I just want to hear an explanation.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Another play I don't understand... a little over 5 minutes left, Fligs makes a nifty move and gets by a defender and does a little give and go to Cam who for reasons I don't understand went around the right side of the defender. If he goes center he has a point blank shot. Instead the defender pokes the puck away.

AZRoadRunner

CBJ Tucson
Mar 29, 2014
Arizona
First goal was bad, the third and forth were great shots but if he saved either the outcome could have been way better. Saving either would have been a great save but that’s what goalies need to do in the playoffs. He did seem slightly out of position on both goals as well.
Can't disagree with this. I watched replays of the Boston goals - the Krejci goal was straight-up bad. Can't blame Bob for the Marchand goal. But we needed a big save on those 3rd and 4th goals. As many people on this board have said, this team goes as Bob goes. The Jackets lack the offensive firepower to win a game in the POs if Bob isn't standing on his head. We'd better get Vezina Bob in Game 6.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
You probably called it, but that's the play that I'm going to be muttering about the next two days and possibly the entire offseason. You have one of the deadliest players in the entire league in open ice... get him the puck, Andy. Just a massive missed opportunity.
Esp combine this with Panarin mindset, who was asked why he didn't shoot that puck in Game 3 against Tampa and passed it to Cam? (EN goal)

- I don't understand people like this at all, who shoots from such positions. The player is open, why would you take a shot? Especially, there is a playoff. Why are you chasing points? You work for the team, and then thing like this happens. In the regular season you can still chase the points. And here you're working for a team success.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
OK, I know it's the nature of a fan to be emotional after a tough loss, but I'm tired of this crap.

If you think that this loss is in any way on Bobrovsky, you're a straight-up jackass. Run east until you hit water, and then swim.

The second goal was after one of the more ridiculous saves I've ever seen a goalie make, and no one could be bothered to clear a rebound. The third one was on a two-on-1, which upon further inspection qualified as a FOUR-on-one, and the guy executed a great shot when a pass seemed more likely. And the fourth was by a skilled player who had a clean look at goal because he was in behind the defense after a rush the other way.

Without Bob, this game is over before the second intermission. We lost this game because our captain and our top goal-scorer couldn't finish from within close.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Well you love Andy, so it's not important, but Andy did his thing and won a battle on the wall and then fired a hard puck from a bad angle. The rebound went straight to Panarin, who fed Kukan for the tying goal.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Well you love Andy, so it's not important, but Andy did his thing and won a battle on the wall and then fired a hard puck from a bad angle. The rebound went straight to Panarin, who fed Kukan for the tying goal.
It's important. If he would learn when to pass and when to shoot it would be nice. It's not rocket science.

AZRoadRunner

CBJ Tucson
Mar 29, 2014
Arizona
OK, I know it's the nature of a fan to be emotional after a tough loss, but I'm tired of this crap.

If you think that this loss is in any way on Bobrovsky, you're a straight-up jackass. Run east until you hit water, and then swim.

The second goal was after one of the more ridiculous saves I've ever seen a goalie make, and no one could be bothered to clear a rebound. The second one was on a two-on-1, which upon further inspection qualified as a FOUR-on-one, and the guy executed a great shot when a pass seemed more likely. And the fourth was by a skilled player who had a clean look at goal because he was in behind the defense after a rush the other way.

Without Bob, this game is over before the second intermission. We lost this game because our captain and our top goal-scorer couldn't finish from within close.
I don't think most people criticizing Bob in this game believe he was the primary factor in the loss. In fact, he's so damn important to team success in the POs that if he's not close to perfect (for 60 minutes), it's questionable whether the Jackets will win the game. That's just the nature of the POs and how the Jackets are constructed as a team. This team will have a hard time winning in the POs if Bob isn't absolutely sterling. And he wasn't in top form in this game.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's important. If he would learn when to pass and when to shoot it would be nice. It's not rocket science.

Well I'd love for Anderson to have it too, but for some of us it is rocket science. I don't have much vision on the ice. You see everything as a spectator but when I'm out there I see a forest of bodies and sticks and my teammates are hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad