GDT: May the Fourth Be With Us Game|CBJ vs Bruins|5-4-19|7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I also think that Bob could’ve/should’ve had 1 of the last 2 goals the Bruins had. He took a Bad angle on the 1st one, and had a late reaction to the 2nd.

Reactions: Madifer

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
The point is coaches coach and players play
Torts isn’t the reason we lost, if anything he is the reason we are here, or have you forgotten about Scott Arneil, Todd Richards and company?
Fred , we’ll just have to disagree man . We didn’t try to hit Tampa into oblivion , we took away space and skated . Torts totally changed his strategy this series . His lineups have been trash . Your not going to beat Boston playing a heavy dose of Wennberg , Dubi . Play Guys that can skate , Texier Dzingel . And enough of 7 D ... Garikov in next game , Clendening to bench . If Nuti is ready , play Nuti and Garikov as the 3rd pair. Make Boston skate , spread them out . Chara is a shell of himself

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Bob's given up 8 goals in the last two games...… Both losses..

That's the old Bob..... But, the defense helping him has also sucked in those two game as well...

These playoff games are not easy.

Reactions: We Want Ten

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
It will be fine!

Im sure these two games were just a bump on the road.

it will be a very different game on Monday. Book it.

Nn!

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Bob's given up 8 goals in the last two games...… Both losses..

That's the old Bob..... But, the defense helping him has also sucked in those two game as well...

These playoff games are not easy.
Bob wasn’t the reason we lost . Couple softies , but sometimes we just need to give the other guy credit . Rask has been phenomenal, and deserved the win tonight .

Reactions: KCbus

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Nutivaara is a long ways off, so he’s not an option.

Wennberg is not the sole reason the Jackets are struggling. i can think of a dozen other guys who are bigger reasons. Nash is out and unfortunately there is no other option to fill his role. You are kidding yourself if you think a guy like Robinson or Sedlak could step right in after being out of the lineup for weeks.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Which of the last 3 goals did you think he could get? I don't think either Pasta goal was remotely stoppable. Perfectly placed shots.
He completely over played the GWG, Jones and Gavrikov had their men shut down from shooting, so if he was playing the far post a bit more he could have made that save. On the 3rd goal he should have at least made an attempt to save the shot instead of standing there.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Fred , we’ll just have to disagree man . We didn’t try to hit Tampa into oblivion , we took away space and skated . Torts totally changed his strategy this series . His lineups have been trash . Your not going to beat Boston playing a heavy dose of Wennberg , Dubi . Play Guys that can skate , Texier Dzingel . And enough of 7 D ... Garikov in next game , Clendening to bench . If Nuti is ready , play Nuti and Garikov as the 3rd pair. Make Boston skate , spread them out . Chara is a shell of himself
His Lineup is trash because he doesn’t have the horses
Tex gets knocked off the puck too much why? Cause Boston has been physical with him
He will be a good one but his lack of strength shows he has been overmatched his last couple of games
Dzingle finally showed up, people have been complaining that he is a non factor
Wennberg and Dubinsky should not be playing but who is there that is left? Nash is out, so is Nuti
So who does he have to put out there?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
He completely over played the GWG, Jones and Gavrikov had their men shut down from shooting, so if he was playing the far post a bit more he could have made that save. On the 3rd goal he should have at least made an attempt to save the shot instead of standing there.
Total nonsense. The GWG was a perfectly executed 3 on 2 that would have taken an even better save than the sliding save earlier in the game.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
His Lineup is trash because he doesn’t have the horses
Tex gets knocked off the puck too much why? Cause Boston has been physical with him
He will be a good one but his lack of strength shows he has been overmatched his last couple of games
Dzingle finally showed up, people have been complaining that he is a non factor
Wennberg and Dubinsky should not be playing but who is there that is left? Nash is out, so is Nuti
So who does he have to put out there?
Like Duchene and Dzingel , it’s hard to hit speed . Only takes one shot , you play your snipers . All I heard was Dzingel this , but who showed up and fueled the comeback ? We skated , played aggressive instead of focusing on matching Boston in the hitting game .

Reactions: GoJackets1

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Total nonsense. The GWG was a perfectly executed 3 on 2 that would have taken an even better save than the sliding save earlier in the game.
I agree , I had problems with the goal prior hegave up with Garikov totally taking the other man out and leaving the shooter to Bob . Also the first one was soft . Regardless, Rask was the better goalie . Our game plan was bad ... 7 defenseman ? Why ? Wennberg? Why ? He didn’t play since Duchene got here , and once Duchene settled in , the team went on a huge run with Wennberg riding the pine . If you need another center , play Foligno there . Play Texier , a dude that has produced as many goals in the playoffs than Wennberg had all season . Texier has 3 points , 2g in 7 playoff games . Let the kid play , put him with a legit center

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Like Duchene and Dzingel , it’s hard to hit speed . Only takes one shot , you play your snipers . All I heard was Dzingel this , but who showed up and fueled the comeback ? We skated , played aggressive instead of focusing on matching Boston in the hitting game .
But he played them tonight
Who else does he have?
Look Bread I am not looking for an argument
We definitely need an upgrade up front
The reality is that we have a need for just what you say we need
We just don’t have it

Reactions: The Bread Man

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
But he played them tonight
Who else does he have?
Look Bread I am not looking for an argument
We definitely need an upgrade up front
The reality is that we have a need for just what you say we need
We just don’t have it
It’s all good my friend , no arguments here . Just 2 passionate fans taking hockey

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I think Dzingel plays with a bit more confidence with Duchene though it’s not the cure all. But it no doubt makes him better than being plagued drawing Wennberg as your center.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Incredible effort to try and erase 20 years of being the Jackets in 10 minutes of game play. It was too much. But hopefully this is a start.

So I expect tonight to have been a last gasp. But there have been things I expected this postseason because ‘Jackets’ that have not come to pass.

Reactions: Fred Glover
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad