GDT: May the Fourth Be With Us Game|CBJ vs Bruins|5-4-19|7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
They still have 2 games to win it. Rough first 2 periods but showed up in the 3rd. Too little too late. Series ain't over until someone wins 4. They can still win it.

Reactions: majormajor

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I’ll just say , it’s a different series if we use our speed , Dzingel , Tex , make them skate . Torts wants to out hit the bruins though
There is merit to that comment...

Bob is the guy imo…. He has not been all-world Bob in the last two games....

We have two more games!!!! WILL WIN BOTH!!!

Reactions: Jaxs

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Nothing is over gents.

Every downtrend usually has a double bottom. These two last games were that bottom with the new uptrend starting in the 3rd period.

This Boston team is beatable.
Maybe momentum is beginning to swing?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Back to Columbus... Despite the loss, we got out of our funk.
Did Bob get out of his funk though?

Didn’t seem like it.

Tonight was classic playoff Bob, flopping around like a fish, giving up goals that shouldn’t be goals.

Reactions: Robert

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Too bad we gave up 2 pretty preventable goals in the midst of the comeback.

Duchy hit a post and Cam almost got it. Damn, close to OT.

I feel better about game 6 than I did an hour ago, but Bob has to be better than tonight, and we need to not shoot ourselves in the foot like we just did. Last 2 Bruins goals were caused by Seth and Bread. You can’t have that from your best players.

Reactions: Madifer and Robert

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
I also feel the same sentiment...maybe the Jackets get some mojo back and come out clicking Monday. If we lose that game 3-0 with no fight, I'd say over. Now, I feel a bit of hope.

Reactions: majormajor

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
There is a lot of quit among the posters here but no quit in the Jackets
On to game six

Oh , and how about the adjustments Torts made for the team to score three quick goals?
What adjustments were that ? Quit the bowl shit hitting , and skate ? If anything , the comeback was in spite of Torts coaching this series

Reactions: Madifer

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I think the last 10 minutes shows that if we “play hockey”, we’re a damn good team that can play with anyone. When we “play the Bruins”, we look terrible.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Third period was a great period to watch with its share of highs and lows. Hated the finish but looking forward to Monday and a win at NWA. I’m thinking despite the loss a few guys gained confidence. And Torts gained a measure of confidence in Gav

Last edited:

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
What adjustments were that ? Quit the bowl **** hitting , and skate ? If anything , the comeback was in spite of Torts coaching this series
I don’t know what happened, but as someone who was only able to watch the 1st and the 3rd, it was like they played 2 completely different styles. It wasn’t just an effort difference at the end, they were playing a completely different way. Whether that’s Torts or the players doing, who knows. But there was definitely an adjustment.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I like the idea of 6 D and Tex added for speed. Leave Gav in and hope Nuti comes back but I'm thinking he is done for the year.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
What adjustments were that ? Quit the bowl **** hitting , and skate ? If anything , the comeback was in spite of Torts coaching this series
The point is coaches coach and players play
Torts isn’t the reason we lost, if anything he is the reason we are here, or have you forgotten about Scott Arneil, Todd Richards and company?

Reactions: Robert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad